Subtle Comforts

Harry: Your knee bounced under the dinner table as you tried so hard not to show your dinner guests how you were really feeling. Harry was siting next to you, heavily engaged in conversation with his friend, but that didn't mean he didn't notice. His hand slid off of his lap and onto yours, palm up as an invitation for you to take it. Intertwining your fingers together, you mentally took a breath and squeezed slightly. He hadn't turned away from his conversation, but he knew, and he wasn't just going to let it go.

Liam: Being in public with the paparazzi wasn't usually a huge deal for you and Liam. You two handled it calmly and always managed to get out of it unscathed. But this time, something was different. While Liam was taking some pictures with a couple of fans, you noticed that the camera flashes seemed to keep getting closer and closer. Instantly, you reached out to take Liam's hand tightly in yours, causing him to glance back and get a good look at the situation. It seemed like you two were already trapped, but Liam wasn't letting that happen. Squeezing your hand, he pulling you into his side and slipping your hand in his jacket pocket, making sure you wouldn't disappear as he got you two somewhere quiet.

Niall: The look of discomfort on Niall's face was quite obvious. His teeth were clenched together if he had to smile and his body was stiff. You silently pushed his water glass closer to him, but he just shook his head. You wanted to help in some way, but how? An idea popped its way into your mind however, and it seemed like an amazing one. Your hand slid onto his lower back, slowly starting to rub firm, small circles into the small of his back. Your eyes remained straight ahead, but you could feel his gaze against the side of your head. A silent thank you was placed against your cheek, his body slowly starting to relax.

Louis: Looking at the baby that was no more than an hour old, your mind raced with emotions. Yes, he was unplanned, but you and your boyfriend had grown to embrace the challenges that parenthood would bring. You swallowed thickly, feeling so much love, but so much fear at the same time. The idea that this little baby would be dependant on you for 18 years made you think that you wouldn't be able to do it. Louis had his arm draped around your shoulder, his body moulded into your side. You felt his soft lips against your temple, letting them linger there for a moment. It was in those few seconds, that you knew this wasn't something you didn't have to go through alone. There was some peace having the love of your life at your side.