112) 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓬𝓴 𝓯𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓸𝓻 𝓘𝓘

Continued from previous chapter...

-Eddie POV-
I watched as Ariel's, my Ariel's hands wrapped around the jock in front of her whom was Patrick McKinney.  One of his hands were on her waist, the other in her hair. I watched as her hands roamed his body. His body. A body not mine. She was touching him like how she would touch me.

I watched as his hand grabbed  the back of her upper thigh, their lips connected as they passionately made out. I felt the cup in my hand drop, not being able to see what has happened to it.

I was hurting myself as I continued to look at them. My Ariel. My girl, was voluntarily swapping spit with Patrick McKinney. My girl, my date, the one who I thought really loved me, just showed me that she really doesn't. That everything she's ever said was just a lie.  She can say whatever when she's sober, but now that she's drunk, she's can't stop herself from doing what she really wants. What she really wants isn't me.

I found myself wanting to leave. She can get another ride home, but I can't leave her. I can't let go like this. I turned around to look at her again, they had been pulled out of the closet, but were still making out with each other on a couch.

I then began to walk away, not stopping until I found myself in someone's bedroom. I looked up to see someone sitting on the bed in the middle of the room. " Sorry." I stammered, about to leave the room, " Eddie?" The voice in my ears was Jess.

" Jess? What are you doing in here?" I asked, stumbling toward the bed. Almost falling as I sat down. " I could ask you the same thing, why aren't you with Ariel?" She asked, " Who? I don't even know who the he-hell that is."

" Eddie, what happened?" Jess asked me, " Nothin' happened. She's just being herself out there. Nothin' to do with me, she's just hanging, swapping spit with Patrick Mc-McKinney." I said as I tried to keep my voice from wavering, feeling the hurt in my chest.

"Oh, she- she cheated on you?" Jess asked, "Yeah! She did. She told me she loved me. I was convinced that she did. And I loved her. I do love her, but she- she's never felt the same. She doesn't give two damns about me, so why should I give a damn 'bout her?" I say, feeling my chest get tight and my stomach knot up from the feelings I felt for Ariel. The girl I never truly, got to call 'mine'.

"I know someone who feels the same." Jess whispered, placing a hand on my chest, " I don't-" " Don't be scared, Eddie. If she doesn't care about you, then let me care." I gently moved her hand off me. " I don't think I'm ready to-"

"Come on, Eddie. Doesn't it feel good to make people feel the way they made you feel, you know, revenge?"

" I don't want to." I tell her, my head beginning to hurt from the pain I was holding in. The tears I was holding. The sleep I probably needed.

"How about you just try it, and See how it feels?"

-Ariella POV-
I looked around, just remembering that Eddie wasn't by my side, I looked around, pushing through the loud crowd, almost spilling my new drink as I pushed through the loud people. The loud sounds of yelling and music, making it harder to focus. I spotted Gareth along with the stranger from earlier.

" Hey-hey- Ariel!" Gareth shouted, " Do you know where Eddie is?" I asked, hearing my voice slurring as I spoke, there's no way I'm that drunk-" Uh- I don't know, I saw him go upstairs..." Gareth said to me, I hadn't realized until a few minutes later that he was probably also drunk.