42) " 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾?"

{3 days later, June 29, 1985}

-Ariella POV-
I switched through different TV channels, trying to find something to watch; anything  to watch. I was beyond bored, I had nothing to do, nobody to hangout with, no practice or anything. And I've already been to the mall.

My first idea was to call Chrissy and hang out with her, but I hung out with her earlier; I then  remembered she had a date with Jason, that also crosses Jason off the list. I wish I had a date.

I called the whole basketball team, and only a few of them answered, telling me that they were all hanging out together, they invited me to the mall with them, but I already went with Chrissy.

Why does Steve have to work today?  Either everyone is busy, or just not home today because no one will answer their phones. I thought to call Eddie again, I called earlier without an answer, but I didn't want to bother him if he was busy; 

He'll be fine. I leaned over the arm of the couch to pick up the blue table top phone that was on the side table, picking up the receiver and dialing his number, I then eagerly waited for an answer.

" Hey." He said blandly, " Cold much, Munson." I joked, " Oh. Hey Ariel." He said in a more cheery tone. " Hi Eds. What 'cha up to?"   I smiled to myself when I heard his voice again, " Nothing much, I have a D&D campaign in about two hours, what about you?"

" That's why I called you, I'm bored as fuck, I have nothing to do, nobody to do. So—"As he chuckled, I stopped talking to hear his pretty laugh., " Why don't you come over? I miss you anyway." I smiled harder, " Oh? You miss me, huh?" I teased Eddie.

" Don't even, sweetheart. You called me last week, 30 minutes after  I dropped you off home, saying you missed me so, so, much." He teased back. " Okay, fine. You win."

" You driving, or am I picking you up?" He asked, I thought of something a little risky to say in reply. Something I've been pushing back for a little while now, " I'll be there in 10. Love you."

" Ariel y-" As he begun to talk, I hung up,  nervously and excitedly giggling to myself about it. I touched up on my makeup before going over to Eddie's.

-10 minutes later-
I walked up to the trailer door and placed a knock on it. I smiled when he opened the door, " Hey love." He gave a warm smile towards me, bringing me into a hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked, pulling away from him, usually Eddie isn't this clingy, I haven't even stepped inside yet and he's already hugging me.

" Yeah, uh- did you mean what you-" He stopped taking mid-sentence. " Did I mean what?" I looked up at him, he stared back. " What were you saying, Eddie?"

"Oh, never mind." He smiled, I smiled back as I remembered what I said, it wasn't that 'risky' but I need some reaction from him, I need to study how he reacts when he thinks that I love him. I hugged him back, I put my chin on his shoulder before telling him: " I missed you—."  He chuckled, " I know."

I scoffed before playfully hitting his back, " I'm kidding, I missed you more." He replied pulling away from me, I was about to talk when he cupped my cheek and crashed his lips onto mine, he stared to deepen the kiss before I pulled away.

"Don't you have that campaign later? You know where this leads, Eddie." I whispered, I fiddled with his guitar pick necklace, " Seems that you want it to happen..." He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer.

"It starts at 2:30." He whispered, I moved my eyes to the clock, I hummed. "It's 1:36, Eddie." I kept messing with the necklace in a teasing way, bringing my hand down his chest.

"We have time-" I interrupted him, " 54 minutes isn't much time. If you want to actually have fun, you have to wait." I told him.

" We will have fun,—" I continued to  drag a finger down his chest, " If you wait, we can do multiple rounds." I smirked as I slipped out of his grip.

" So do all of your friends play D&D?" I suddenly changed the topic on conversation to play with him, " Yeah, all but you." I shook my head, brushing off the fact he that he sorta friend-zoned me. I walked towards the kitchen, Eddie following closely behind me. 

-Eddie POV-
" Actually, I suck ass at it, but I have played it a few times. Remember when we went to the mall, and that group of kids waved to me?" Ariel tried to refresh my memory.

" The three boys and the red head?" I asked " Yeah! They play, except for the read head, Max, she won't play, she says it's too nerdy. But Lucas, Will, Mike, and Dustin always play. Steve met—." As we made eye contact, she shyly stopped talking.

" What's wrong? Why'd you stop talking?" I asked, I lifted her chin and her eyes again met mine. " Sorry, I know you probably don't want to know about my friends." She looked away from me, " Look at me, I-"

" So, how's your day so far?" She changed the subject randomly again, strange.

"Ariel, It's okay, I wann-" She inhaled deeply, " Let's talk about you, I don't wanna talk about me!" She said enthusiastically, it was a weird sight, she was staring at the floor while she spoke to me, her face a light pink.

Did I do something? Why is she acting weird all of the sudden? I brushed it off and tried to think of something to talk about. " So, uh-" I trailed off, looking around the room for a few minutes, trying to find anything to talk about. After about two minutes, my eyes landed on the Billy Squier cassette on the counter.

" You like Billy Squier?" I asked awkwardly, she jumped at the sound of my voice, eyes shooting up to look at me. She's thinking; hard. she's bothered. " Huh?" Her eyes moved to the cassette in my hand, " Oh, yeah." She replied.

" Sweetheart, are you okay?" I cupped her cheek and she straightened her posture,  again looking up at me, maybe something triggered a bad memory or something." Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She 'smiled', though I could see the look in her eyes. 

" Babe, what's wrong? You just started acting weird all the sudden, is there something on your mind? Someone?" I looked into her eyes, " I didn't mean to act 'weird' I'm just thinking about someone—, I just remembered something and I just started thinking about it, sorry."

She looked away again, " Someone? They didn't do anything to you, did they?" I questioned, " Well, no, not recently. It's not really that big of a deal, I'm fine, I'm just being dramatic." She brushed it off, " Ariel, what do you mean 'not recently' did someone hurt you? Or-"

She cut me off again, " Eddie, I'm okay. It happened a while ago, like over 6 months ago, I'm really okay, I'm just overthinking. It's nothin' really. Sorry I zoned out and shit." She told me, giving me the que to drop it, but I just had to pry.

" But what happened?" I looked up at her, " I- I don't wanna talk about it." She mumbled, " Can I know, can I know who is making you zone out like this?" I couldn't help but ask more from my curiosity, I wanted to make sure that nothing was going on that she wasn't telling anyone.

" It was Nathan, happy? That's who's on my mind, I just can't Eddie." She started off with sarcasm and attitude in the first sentence, then muttered the second, her voice loosing volume and emotion.

" Did he hurt you?"