89) 𝓭𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓭

{Jason Carver's House, 7:34 PM}

-Eddie POV-
I watched as Ariel walked through a crowd of people by Jason's pool. The way that dress just so perfectly fits her body. It was slightly tight but also loose as the same time, it was white with small purple flowers on it, stopping about mid thigh.

She made her way back over to me, flipping her curls over her shoulder. Her hair was different earlier, but I can't remember. Ariel had two red solo cups in her hand, she handed me one.

" I saw Jeff and Gareth inside." She said before taking a drink out of it. I also took a sip, is it punch? I really can't tell what it is but it's not too bad.

She smiled as Wham! Started loudly playing from inside. " Come on, I wanna go see if Patrick's here yet." She grabbed my hand and we made our way through the crowd.

"Have I told you beautiful you look in that dress?" I asked her once we got into the kitchen, " Not verbally, but your eyes said it all." She teased, " Thank you, Eddie."

She scoffed, causing me to turn my head to look at her. " What the hell?" She said aloud, I noticed her looking at Jeff and Gareth as they walked towards us.

" Hey!" Jess greeted loudly. I hadn't realized she was with them. " Eddie! I told you they could come! Not her." Ariel said, " I thought you said no one would even notice them?" I asked her as I pulled her aside, my hands on the sides of her waist.

" They aren't the problem! I know Jeff and Gareth. Not Jess-" Ariel started, but I stopped her, " Ariel, it's not that big of a deal. It's-" I stopped talking when I noticed Patrick McKinney stand behind Ariel and place a hand on her shoulder, gently turning her around.

She gasped in excitement, " Patrick! You're here!" I just shook my head and watched as she threw her arms around his neck.

" So much for your girl, Munson." A familiar voice said from behind me, I turned around to see Billy Hargrove. Surprised he doesn't have a whore on his arm yet. He must've just gotten here.

"What?" I said in confusion, " Aren't you and Ariel fucking or something?" He asked, I was could smell the faint scent of alcohol on his breath. He might be getting drunk but, he knows what's going on, and he knows I know.

"Why are you even here? You graduated." Gareth said, "Yeah, Munson. Why are you here? You were supposed to graduate a year ago."

Jess then stepped over on my other side, "Oh. I see. You have other plans other than Ariel don't you? Sorry, I guess I'll leave you to it." I ignored his behavior, knowing that he just needs something to fuel his ego.

"Not to be too nosy or anything, but why was Ariel so mad?" Jess asked abruptly. " I- I don't know. She's had a few drinks." I lied, I couldn't tell her that it was her to her face.

I then felt a warm pair of hands wrap around my arm. I looked down to see Ariel. She giggled softly. " I missed you." She whispered, before  stepping in front of me and grabbing my face to kiss me.

"Meet me by the pool," She whispered. Before running outside. " I can tell she's definitely had some drinks." Jess commented.

" Wanna go get a beer with me?" I asked her and she smiled, " Yeah sure."

-Ariella POV, about an hour later-
I sat down on the edge of the pool. I still haven't taken my dress off to swim yet. I told Eddie to meet me over here about an hour ago. But he never came back outside.

I lightly kicked my legs back and forth inside of the pool. Though I was surrounded by my friends, some drunk, some not, I still felt lonely. There was one person I wanted to be with, and I don't even know where he is.

I felt my heart warm when I saw Eddie step outside, but when I saw Jess beside him, it went cold. He ditched me for her? He didn't know it, but I could hear the whole conversation.

" Don't you think you've had enough? You've had 6, Jess." He hold her as she drank out of another can of beer. She was stumbling and then she came back over towards me.

I looked at Eddie as he chased her behind me and they both stopped. " I'm fine. I'm not even drunk yet!" I heard her say, " if you drink anymore you'll be throwing up all night. Gareth can you take her home?" I heard him shout.

I then turned around and saw Gareth and Eddie both trying to stable Jess. I turned back around out of boredom.

" Hi, Ariel." Patrick's voice filled my ears, and the sound of him sticking his feet into the water. " You see a little upset. Are you okay?" He asked, moving my hair from my shoulder.

" Yeah, it's just that everyone here is already with someone else." I told him, " Guess that means we'll have to be together, what do you think?" He suggested, smiling down at me.

" Yeah. I'd like that." I smiled up at him, and he placed his hand over mine.

" Why is she always so mad-mad at you. You deserve better." Jess slurred from behind, " Jess! Watch out!" I heard Gareth yell and then " She's such a! She just—" " Jess stop!" Was the last thing I heard before feeling a strong push against my back, and falling straight into the pool.

When I came back up, I saw a crowd of people staring at me and laughing at me. " Little Harrington fell into the pool!" Andy's drunk voice called. I noticed Gareth and Jeff taking Jess inside and Eddie looking at me empathetically.

I'm so embarrassed! I quickly got out of the pool and ran inside and upstairs to Jason's bathroom. Trying to hold in my tears as I ran past everyone. I locked my self into the bathroom and began to cry.

Why would she do that? And why would Eddie let her do that? He came here for me and he barely even said three words to me! I felt myself get even more upset as I thought about it. She pushed me into the pool and everyone was laughing at me!  He just ditched me!

More tears ran down my cheeks as j tired to hold in my loud sobs. Is he catching feelings for her? I cried louder as I doubted myself.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door along with, " Hey, Ariel, it's Patrick. Can I come in?"
I quickly wiped my tears and put a smile on my face before opening the door.

" Hey are you- have you been crying?" Patrick asked, I shook my head, but then I felt my self start to cry again.

" What's wrong?" Patrick asked, " I'm sorry- i- I was just embarrassed because that girl pushed me into the pool."  I said trying to keep my feelings under control.

" Are you sure that's it?" Patrick asked me and I shook my head as I started to break down.

His face softened and he stepped inside of the bathroom, shutting the door behind himself.

" I came here with a friend- well someone who means more to me than a friend. We've been kinda hooking up all summer, but-but he barely said a word to me. He's been with another girl the whole time." I explained as tears ran down my cheeks.

" Ariel, hey, don't cry. It's okay. " Patrick  grabbed a tissue from the tissue box that was sitting on the bathroom counter.

He gently wiped my cheeks with it and I found the same question I head earlier filling my mind.

" Patrick why did you get me such an expensive gift? You didn't get anyone else a gift like that..." I asked, "Ariel, I- I've know you for years. You've always been a great friend to me, I just wanted to do something special for you."

I was about to respond to Patrick before there was a knock on the door, interrupting us. Before either of us could open the door, it swung open, revealing Eddie.

His features twisted into a look of confusion and anger, " Ariel, what the hell?" He asked, Patrick then got up and left the bathroom, ' I'll- uh, see you later." He said before I could hear his footsteps go downstairs.

" What the hell Eddie! You can't just barge in like t-" I yelled but he then stepped towards me, " Did you cry?" He questioned, lightly caressing my cheek with his thumb.

" I'm sorry she pushed you into the pool. She's drunk." Eddie explained, " Okay, sure. If I was drunk you wouldn't even care! Fuck that! You wouldn't even know. Like you haven't known this whole time." I explained, " What? Y-"

" You ditched me for Jess!"