4) 𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓾𝓽

{one month later (necessary for plot)}

May 26, 1985, Scoops Ahoy
-Ariella POV-
Finally, I was on break, ever since Scoops Ahoy opened back up, it has been packed. Steve was still trying to get girls, making a fool of himself constantly. I looked over at Robin's ' You Suck vs You Rule ' board, 6 to 0. He is so hilarious.

" Ariel, one of your kids is here!" Robin called into the room behind the ice cream stand.

" Ariel!"
" Dustin!"

We both called each other's names at once, we hugged and high-fived. He pulled away and stared doing the ' hand shake' he had made with brother.

" How many children are you guys friends with?" Robin said laughing slightly " Don't ask!" I laughed along with her.

Then I saw a familiar face walk through the door, I jumped over the counter and ran to hug him.

" Eds!" I said and he smiled, hugging me back, keeping his arm over my shoulders, since we became closer friends, we would always touch, or be close like this, and I love it.

" Ariella Harrington! You have a new boyfriend and didn't tell me!" Robin said, and both Eddie and I laughed softly. Looking at each other, sharing a smile.

"He's not my 'boyfriend' we're just closer than other people. It's completely platonic, Robin." When I said that Steve looked at me with that same look, saying ' you know that you like him' with his eyes.

" Want some ice cream?" I asked Eddie," Of course, the usual." He said smiling, ever since I started working here, Eddie had come here a lot more often. I scooped his 'usual' order of Rocky Road, in a cone.

-Eddie POV-
" Shit, my break is over!" She said, " Do I have to leave?" I asked, slightly disappointed that I didn't get to hang out with her. " No, you can stay and hangout, I'll just be working at the same time." She said, smiling down at me while running a hand through her hair.

" They're having a sale at Merry-Go- Round, so I need to save up so I can buy out the store!" This girl and her crazy ideas. If I had money, I'd buy her the whole company.

I followed her out and I sat in a chair close to the counter. I watched as Billy Hargrove walked in, Hawkins' resident man whore, that Billy Hargrove.

I looked up when I heard Ariel call out his name. " Billy! What's up?" She hugged him over the counter. His hands finding her waist over the counter.

What a way to bruise my ego, guess I'm not the only one that's being hugged and touched by her. I don't know why I feel this way, I'm not even dating her, and I most likely never will.

I stared at them as they talking and she made his order. Then he looked over at me as I sat there, I looked away quickly. " Oh hey Munson, What's up man?" He asked and I just waved back, Billy was a douchebag. Billy Hargrove is a douchebag. I know he was trying to get a reaction out of me.

I looked back at Ariel, she was the only one that looked good in that uniform. It slightly hugged her body in some areas, making it harder to look away from her. She's really attractive. I didn't even notice she was done taking his order until she called my name.

" Hello! Eddie you still in there?" She teased as I looked up at her " Yeah?" I said " You okay? You're really quiet today." She stated.

" I'm okay, just a little bored." I explained "Good, because my —" She paused to pick up my hand and look at my watch "—shift ends in about 10 minutes."

We started walking around the mall, mostly just window shopping. I couldn't help but think about if I made a move on her. I've never really had a ' girlfriend'.

I looked up when a group of  about 4 kids walked past and greeted Ariel, the looked about   13-15. " Hi!" She greeted them back." Ooh Ariel! You're on a date!" The tallest of the three boys said, teasing her playfully.

" I'm not on a date, Wheeler! We're just friends!" She called after them as they walked away, I think that was Mike Wheeler, Nancy Wheeler's brother?

I heard her abruptly gasp "Holy fucking shit!" She exclaimed. That had to be biggest amount of swear words I have heard in one sentence come out of her mouth. Ever.

" Eddie look! They have Theater of Pain!" She said, referring to Mötley Crüe's new album.

" Sweetheart, you listen to Mötley Crüe!?" I asked shocked that someone so into Madonna would like metal. " Yes! I love Mötley Crüe!" She exclaimed and I looked around to where she saw the new album at.

" Where?" I say and she giggled, I may or may not have been trying to get more attention from her.She put both hands on my head, one on each side softly, and moved my head to face the record store that was right in front of us. "See, on the front window, left side." She said in my ear just below her normal volume, her chin on my shoulder. I loved the physical touch she was giving me. I inhaled the scent of her perfume, she smells really good.

"Oh." I said and we both laughed, her giggle was so sweet, I lover seeing her beautiful features form into a smile, the lips I wanted to kiss so bad. I was too scared too, this girl was too good to mess up on. If friends was all we would ever be, I'll take it.

"C'mon!" She said tugging on my hand. I let her lead the way as we walked into the record store. " Hey Ariel!" I heard a deep voice call out to her. " Oh He-ey Munson! " The same voice called out with a chuckle, and I looked up to see Jason Carver.

Jason wasn't as bad as the other basketball players and jocks, but he was still an asshole. "Hi Jason!" Ariel called out and I waved, still looking for ' Theatre or Pain' in the cassette section.
                                      ***
"Hey Eddie, I hate to complain, but my feet kinda hurt, and it's dark, so I was wondering if you could drive me home? —If you want me to wait a few more minutes I can, it's just Steve left with Robin, and he was my ride." She asked softly, I could tell she felt bad for asking, she seemed like it from her tone.

" Of course babe, I'll carry you if you want." I tell her. I loved calling her pet names, it's cute when her cheeks turn red and she's get flustered.

" Oh no Eds, it's okay, you don't have to, they don't hurt that bad I-" I wrapped one of my arms around her back, the other under her knees. 

" Eddie, seriously, it's okay!" She said and I set her down softly, then I let her walk ahead a little bit. " You still coming?" She asked, turning to look over her shoulder at me. I ran up to her, tickling her.

" Ed! Eddie! S-sto-stop!" She stuttered from laughing so hard. Then, I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. She kicked and hit me playfully, pleading for me to set her down but I wasn't gonna let her down till we left. She was clearly enjoying it, I know she's strong enough to push me away.

I drove her home and walked her to the door," I'm such a dumbass! I don't have my key!" She said exasperated. " Is Steve home?" I asked and she leaned over and rang the bell about 7
times before giving up.

" You know, Ariel you can just stay at my place if you want to!" I told her, trying not to sound as excited as I really was. " Really? Are you sure? I don't wanna be a bother." She said, she was always worried about being too much or being a ' bother'.

I honestly felt bad, because she was so sweet and kind, and that's why she's so popular, I wish she'd think better of herself. She could never be a 'bother' to me.