2) '𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓮'

{Includes brief mention of death, may be sensitive to some }

Friday, After school
-Eddie POV-
I was about to turn onto Melody Lane, Ariel's street. I drove a little until I saw the house I was looking for, 608. I walked up to the door and saw that gorgeous girl standing in front of me.
" Hi Eddie!" She greeted me. " Hey Ariel!" I said back in the same energetic tone, is she excited to see me?

" Sorry, I have to go finish cleaning the pool real quick, you can come if you want, but it's kinda boring." She informed me.

"I'll come, it's fine." I replied with. She looked so good in those shorts she had on, they were short and showed off her thighs. What the hell? I'm acting like a fucking perv.

" Want a drink or anything?" She asked me, bringing me from my thoughts. Shes so sweet and she barely knows me. " Im alright, but thanks."

I followed outside to her backyard where her large pool was. " Oh my god! What the hell." I heard her mumble as she picked stuff up by the lawn chairs, after cleaning out the pool.

" I'm sorry? What did you say?" I asked because I wasn't sure if she meant to say that to me or not. " Oh nothing, just my brother, he's a little messy." She stated, referring to Steve, her cheeks a light pink.

" Your brother is Steve, right?" I questioned, trying to make conversation.

" Oh yeah, did you know him before her graduated?" She asked, attempting to put the pool net back up, she struggled, last time I looked at her she wasn't this short.

" Here, let me help you." I placed my hand on hers, I reached over her and placed the pool net in its holder. I didn't notice my hand was on her waist until I was done.

" Oh, s-sorry I didn't mean to touch you there!" I said, hoping I didn't scare her off, or made her think I was a perv. Though at his moment, I was thinking that of myself. Her face was bright red. I'm embarrassing myself.

" It's okay! Do you wanna start on our assignment?" She questioned, changing the subject. " Yeah sure."

-Ariella POV-
Eddie and I starting working on are research assignment together in my room. Every time I thought of his hand on me I got butterflies, I like him more than I thought. But what if he was just trying to help?

After feeling him touch me, I want him to do it again, for longer, in a different place, a place lower on my body. Oh my gosh!

" You like Madonna, huh?" He asked awkwardly, looking around at my posters around my room. " Yeah! I love her!" I replied back with, and he nodded.

After about 5 minutes of awkward talking, we started to warm up to each other, he was actually really funny. I felt like I had known him for years, he's so open with me.

"You know Eddie, your completely different then what I thought you'd be like." I told him honestly. " You are too, Harrington." I wondered what he thought about me before.

"What did you think I'd be like?" He had the thought as I did. " I was about to ask you the same exact thing!" I tell him excitedly, and we both laughed.

He has such a contagious laugh. It made me even happier to be hanging out with him, And such a pretty laugh.

" I thought you were going to be mean, and I thought you wouldn't like me. Like, at all." I explained to him.

" Complete opposite, I do like you Ariel, you're sweet and you're beautiful inside and out. You're so many other things too. It would take me all day to list them." He said, I felt my cheeks heat up when he said those words to me. He was too sweet, I wish I could make him mine. Then I felt Insecurity run through me.

" Do you really mean that?" I thought he was just using lines on me, like all the other guys, and my exes did. He began to speak before I heard Steve come in.

" Hey ' Ella, who's your frie—Munson?" I looked up at Steve as he talked, " Uh - hey man, what's up?" Eddie greeted awkwardly. " Hi?, 'Ella, are Mom and Dad home yet?" he asked, our parents are never home. He came in here to get into my business. I looked over Eddie as he awkwardly continued our work. We met eyes and he smiled beautifully.

" No, they won't be back 'til Sunday." Steve nodded and left the room, cracking the door back.
***
After about 45 minutes Eddie went home, I was excited because we were going out to lunch tomorrow, as friends, I wish I could just date him, but I know he probably doesn't think of me that way.

" Hello Harringtons!" Chrissy called out from downstairs, she usually just walks in, I've known her for so long, and she's done it so many times, that's it's okay.

" My room Chris!" I yelled downstairs, I then heard her loud foot steps up the stairs. " So are you dating now?" She asked " Woah Chrissy slow down a little, we just became friends!" I told her, " But—, we are hanging out tomorrow, we're getting lunch at the mall!"

Chrissy's whole face lit up " Ooh you have a date!" She yelled excitedly, aware that Steve would hear.

Then, Steve came in, as predicted, I always told him right after I told Chrissy whenever I had a crush, But I was kinda scared this time.

" Who is it 'Ella?" Steve asked me, with that eager smirk on his face. " It's a friend." was all I said, " It's Eddie!" Chrissy said and I flustered.

" Ariel, you like Eddie, like Eddie Munson?" Steve asked and I nodded as my face begun to heat up more.

" Oh, Oh!" Steve said, his voice gaining excitement, "Are you mad that I like him? Do you think it's weird?" I asked Steve knowing how different Eddie was from Steve and I.

" No, of course not! I just wasn't expecting you to like him." Steve said with a slight smirk on his face " I knew it!" Chrissy called out, as Steve left my room.

" Chrissy you promised me...." I said referring to her crush. " Okay! Fine! You were right Ariel. I do like Jason, he's so hot!" She gushed, and we both laughed, we spent all of are hours laughing and giggling .

Suddenly around 9pm, the phone rang. " Chris, its for you." I said, the voice on the other end worried me, I heard Chrissy's mom on the other end, crying.

As Chrissy answered the phone, her face changed from a giggly and giddy mood to pure sadness. She begin to sob after hanging up " Chris, what happened?" I said to her " I have to get home, my great- grandma passed away." She cried out.

" Oh Chris!" I said wrapping my arms about her as she cried into my shoulder. I rubbed her back in attempt to sooth her.

After she calmed down, Steve drove her home, as much as I didn't want Chrissy to leave, it sorta worked out for me, it would be easier for me to get ready for tomorrow. I hope Chrissy feels better, and I can see her tomorrow.

After thinking for a while about all that happened today, Eddie and Chrissy, I went to bed.