83)𝓫𝓸𝔂𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓾𝓹𝓲𝓭.

{The next day, August 12, '85}

-Ariella POV-
Max and I were sitting on my bed, reading Seventeen magazines.

" Wait so why couldn't El hang out with us?" I asked while looking a skirt I thought was cute.

"I don't know, Hopper is being weird because she dumped him. Mike keeps calling her and they keep arguing. It's just weird." She responded.

I rolled my eyes as she phone ringed, I swear if it's another telemarketer-I picked it up to hear a voice I really didn't want to hear. "Hi Ariella, it's Jess. Is Eddie there? He was supposed to meet me at the mall," I sighed heavily, wishing it was a telemarketer. " No, he's not here, so-" Jess was quick to interrupt me, " Oh he's right there, sorry Ariella. Bye."

" Who was it?" Max asked curiously, " This other girl, asking about Eddie."

" Another girl? Is he..?" Max questioned, " No, but I don't know. She won't leave him alone, and it's really pissing me off. She's joining his D&D club and she's on the swim team or whatever, but invited to hang out with them and she was all over him the whole fucking time and he was ignoring me the whole time! Acting like our whole relationship is nothing to him! And she keeps calling my phone everytime he won't answer and it's so fucking frustrating!"

"It's sounds frustrating. She's sounds like a real bitch," Max said in response to my ramble, " Who is this bitch and why is she taking my boyfriend who doesn't know he's my boyfriend yet? I should really show her,"

"Slow down. Don't worry about her. Boys are stupid. They always will be stupid. He won't do anything, don't let this girl he chose to be friends with worry you. Boyfriends are stupid." She told me while she twisting the end of one of my braids that were matching with hers.

" You realize you're literally quoting me? From last year?" She rolled her eyes playfully. " You really need to listen to yourself,"

" Yeah. I am. They are there at the mall together and I need to make my move before she does, I have to get my keys." I told her, feeling myself come up with a plan, " No! You're missing the point, Ariel. You've made your move. And he's making moves on you too, right? So you're good. "

"Will you just come with me?" I asked, " Okay, fine, but I'm staying tonight then." Max added,"Deal."

-Starcourt Mall, food court-

" You're so boy crazy." Max mumbles to me as we walk through the food court. "Isn't that him right there?" She pointed to a table on the other side of the food court, Eddie was sitting there beside Eddie with a large pretzel in front of them and drinks.

"Walk over there and tell me what you see," I told Max, " Why can't you-" She protested, " Because he'll recognize me, Please."

She sighed, " Fine. I have two words for you, 'Boy' and ' Crazy'." She walked over to the table and walked past it slowly and then came back to me.

" Looks like they're sharing a pretzel and I noticed her touch his hand while he handed her something," Max came back, I started to walk over there, " Ari, where are got going?" Max said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I walked up to the table next to them which had 4 chairs instead of 2, sitting there was a woman and her daughter.

" Mind if I use this chair?" I asked and she politely agreed. I took it pulled it up close to Eddie, " Hey baby. Didn't think you'd be here." I said to him. Max gave me a ' Your insane.' Look before leaning onto my chair.

" Oh- hey Ariel." Eddie said to me. I felt a little crack in my heart when he moved away from me. Why is he acting like this? Last time with his friends he was showing me off to Gareth the Jeff. And their other bassist I can't remember the name of.

" Hi Ariella." Jess greeted, " Hey Jess." I greeted, it's not entirely her fault he's acting like this. How? Yesterday he was all over me, or was I all over him?

I moved a little bit closer to him, " I really missed you since yesterday," I told him, grabbing his hand, I realized one of his rings that he wears daily wasn't on his middle finger. He softly grabbed my hand back and rested it on my lap, then he softly ran his fingers against my bare shoulder in the ringer tank I was wearing.

" It's only been like 20 hours." What the hell happened to, ' Oh I missed you, too.' And that needy kiss.

I felt my heart crack again. "Ariella have you tried the new Coke? I know it's out for a little while now, but Eddie mentioned you don't really drink soda. It's really good," Jess says,

"Oh, I go by Ariel. Uh- no I haven't yet maybe I could try it." I told her, she gave a warm smile before picking up her cup and taking a sip. I couldn't believe what was on her finger. Eddie's ring.

It cracked again. This time making my chest ache.

" Are you okay?" Eddie asked, I felt like maybe my heart wasn't breaking into pieces, Eddie friendlily put a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked, fighting the aching feeling of sadness in my chest.

"Promise?" He asked, looking down at me with those doe eyes. " I- I promise." I said and I glanced at Max for a second.

I watched as Eddie took a drink out of his and Jess then grabbed his hand again. She started to twist his rings. The most frustrating part is that he didn't even do anything. He just let her. He noticed me looking and broke out of his zone. He ran his thumb over her knuckles before placing his hands in his lap.

"Do you think you'll be able to make it to Hellfire tomorrow, if not I can postpone?" He asked her, Gareth told me once he would never postpone! Ever!

I felt myself at the verge of tears, he was barely acknowledging me. I feel like a puppy. Chasing anyone that'll love me. Am I that pathetic? Eddie and Jess were having a whole conversation and she won't stop trying to touch on him. My heart cracked for the last time before I felt the tear leave my waterline and travel to my cheek.

Max noticed and set a hand in my shoulder. " Ariel, I really have to get home by 2." Max said, lying to get us out. I sucked it up and nodded. I leaned over to give Eddie a hug he ignored it. I know he saw it. He had that guilty look on his pretty face.

" It was nice seeing you Jess." I said before I quickly stood before I broke down, "Wait, Ariel what are you doing tomorrow?"

" Aren't you busy with Jess?-" Eddie interrupted me, " No, she can't make it tomorrow, I was thinking-" I felt myself scoff out of anger and frustration.

" You were thinking that we could hang out because you have nothing else to do? Because Jess can't make it you want to hang out with me? You don't actually want to hang out with me you only-" Max called my name until I stopped. I was already crying.

"We really got to go, sorry." Max said while grabbed my hand in attempt to comfort me and taking me out to my Camaro.

When we got in I tried to hold it in but it all came out. " Ariel,-"

" I'm sorry. It just really hurts when- when someone you really care about and want to move forward with just forgets that you're ever there and is just letting another girl touch them. And he doesn't even want to hang out with me. He only wants to hang out with me because Jess can't make it!"I expressed to her painfully.

" I know. I know it's hard, you really care about him, don't you?" Max asked and I nodded before letting out a sob. " Hey," she said as she leaned over the middle console to hug me and I hugged back.

" It's okay, you don't need him. We don't need stupid boys to ruin our fun. Let's go home and have the best sleepover yet."