99) 𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓼

{a few days later, school}

-Ariella POV-
" Chris, I'm telling you right now, she didn't make the team." I told my best friend as we walked down the hall, I'm so happy it's finally Friday, the last day of tryouts.

" Hey, Ariel," Patrick says from behind me, I then felt his arm brush my back, as he grabbed my shoulder.

" Hi!" I greeted as I leaned into his side to hug him, " So, last day of tryouts?" He asks, " Yeah. I had fun at first, but there's this girl, and I can't stand her.. anyways, how's football? Did you make varsity?"

"Hell yeah, so did Carver." Patrick explains, " Oh! That reminds me, do you wanna come to my game on Monday?" I asked him, I then realized while I was walking I lost Chrissy somewhere along the way.

" Of course! It starts at 5:30 still, right?" Patrick asked, " Yeah, I-" I felt a hard shove on my left shoulder, I looked over to see Eddie laughing with Jess along with Dustin and Mike. 

I looked away and turned back to Patrick, but then Eddie ran into me again." Hey asshole , you do realize that you just ran into me twice?" I told Eddie, he has really been quiet towards me lately.

I then noticed that Eddie and Jess had their arms locked together. " Hold up, I gotta ask them something. Wait for me by your locker?" I told Patrick and he nodded with a smile, I never noticed how pretty his smile was, so peaceful.

I then felt my mood re-ruined as I walked in between Eddie and Jess. "So what's this thing you guys have going on here?" I asked, my voice intentionally laced with sarcasm.

I pushed in between them, forcing them to let go, with out being aggressive. "What's so damn funny?" I ask genuinely, they both fell quiet, but Dustin continued to laugh, " Oh! Ariel! Jess just said something about you and Eddie! And it was actually really funny! She said-"

" Henderson! Knock that shit off." Eddie scolded, I felt my stomach knot up, my chest get tight. They were making jokes about me.

" It was nothing bad, really." Dustin tells me, but I couldn't find in myself to believe him. " Eddie, I- gotta talk to you. Please?" I ask, feeling belittled by them.

" O-okay." He stammered, I gently grabbed his arm and pulled him toward the lockers. "Eddie, what were you and Jess saying about me?"

" Saying about you? Baby-" I sighed, " Eddie, don't. Seriously. You ran into me twice you were laughing so hard."

" Ariel, I just think your behavior is kinda funny. When you get jealous you're so attached, you get all close, and you try to kiss me. And you never do that. You said we were sneaking around." He explains, a practical, shit-eating grin on his beautiful face.

"Jealous? Why the hell would I be jealous? I-" He chuckled, causing me to chicken out. "It's obvious. Just admit it. You know, there's no need to be jealous, babe. It's not like that, at all."

" Yeah, so when I hold your hand walking down the hall way or hug you it means nothing?" I explain, I'm not jealous! "I didn't say that,"

" You don't have to. If her locking arms with you means nothing to you, then I guess I should stop trying." I told him, my feelings coming out in a way I didn't want them to.

"You're needy, huh?" Eddie whispered against my ear, his hand brushing my hip as he grabbed my waist, gently giving it a squeeze.