23) 𝓯𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶

June, 16 1985
(a few hours later, 6:04 am)
- Eddie POV-
I woke to the sound of slightly loud footsteps coming into my room. I looked up to see Ariel standing in the doorway, she had a glass of water in her hand.

I sat up and she greeted me with a sweet 'hi'. "Sweetheart, are you okay?" I asked her, my voice cracking from just waking up. She nodded while walking into the room, she laid down in the middle of my bedroom floor, blue eyes looking up into mine.

" Hope you don't mind, I threw up in your yard, I probably should've asked, but at it wasn't all over the bathroom." She spoke with her eyes closed, the sunlight from the window highlighted her beauty, she looked so goddamn gorgeous.

" The yard?" I felt myself let out a chuckle, she laid one of her arms over her eyes to block the Sun, the other rested under her head, propping it up.

" I'm such a dumbass, did I do anything stupid?" She spoke out, beginning to rub her head as her eyes stayed closed." Well not stupid, but you did things." I replied, I couldn't help but smile to myself about last night.

" Oh. Well I remember that part, it was great. So great. Was it you that pulled me off that table? because that hurt a little. I think I hit my ass on the table." She giggled to her self, I then felt my smile of confidence fade, and I felt slight jealousy overcome it.

" No, that was someone else, I don't know their name." I tried to sound like I wasn't jealous, I don't think I did very good. " Are you mad at me?" She asked, I didn't mean to come off as ' mad' .

" No not at all, what makes you think I am?" I looked down at her on the floor. " You just sounded mad for a sec; I'm never fucking drinking again." She said, causing me to chuckle.

" You say that now, wait until you go to another party and you see all your friends drinking." She shook her head. " No, never, I wasn't that bad, I regret drinking in the first place, I don't want an addiction." She spoke, slightly pouting.

I felt my self laugh again, " You're my little alcoholic!"  I felt my self crack with laughter at her face, she gave a 'You're not fucking funny' look, while she smiled slightly.

As the sun brightened through the window, I noticed the makeup smeared on her face, she still looked so beautiful, the unusual look of her  mascara under eyes, just made her so much prettier because she looked so different.

I slowly got out of bed, stepping around Ariel to get up. " Come on, love." I stuck my hand out for her and she grabbed it I pulled her up.

Once she was on her feet again, I picked her up, " Eddie, you don't have to do all that, I'm not that unstable." She tried to slip out of my grip, I shushed her soothingly, " You're fine, I'm carrying you so you don't have to walk."

I made my way into the living room, and I gently set her on the couch. I went to get her pain killers for her headache, and I also got a wet paper towel to wipe her makeup off.

" Here, darling." I set the pain killers on the coffee table in front of her, I sat down beside her.

" Look at me," I instructed, gently lifting her chin with my index finger. I began to run the paper towel over her face, revealing her freckles and natural long lashes again.

" Thank you Eddie, I really appreciate this, I owe you." She said, voice soft and tired. " You don't owe me anything, okay? Don't think that you do, angel." I cooed, she looked at me, " But I-" I shook my head, I pulled her closer to me, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

" You don't owe me anything, ever. You'll never owe me, do you understand?" I whispered in her ear and she nodded.

I kissed her under ear, and she nuzzled closer, she rested her head on my chest, and I wrapped both of my arms around her. I kissed her forehead, and played with her hair a few minutes. When I looked back down at her, she was knocked out, shes probably really  tired.

I admired her peaceful state. God, she was so beautiful, I kissed the top of her a few more times again before closing my eyes.

-Ariella POV- 8:15 am
I felt myself jerk awake from the horrible nightmare that I just had., alcohol can make you have strange dreams. I quickly tried to calm down, taking deep breaths. I then felt Eddie's large pair of arms wrap around me once again, " What happened, my love?" He cooed in my ear.

" Did you have another nightmare?" He asked in the same soft tone. I nodded and he rubbed my back. " I don't know what to do anymore Eddie. I- I just keep getting reminded of things I'm trying to forget. I need something to just make it all stop."

" If you want to talk about it, I'm here for you okay, I promise. I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind talking about it with you either if I'm not there." He twisted my hair in his fingers.

"We do talk about it, but it doesn't help. It just keeps getting worse." It did get worse. It got worse every night, I feel like. The same thing. The same person.

"I wish there was more I could do for you. I have sleeping pills, but I don't want to give them to you if they're not prescribed. If you accidentally overdose, you could lose your life, and I don't want that to happen to you."

He looked into my eyes, his face expressed concern and care for me, I haven't felt this cared for in a while, I felt to urge to hug him. I sat up and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back, we staying in a hug for a few minutes, then we pulled away slowly.

" You know Harrington, when I'm with you it feels kinda like a fever dream." He whispered. " A fever dream?" I asked, slightly confused.

" Yeah like a fever dream, but a good fever dream. It doesn't feel real, like- it feels too good to be real. I've never had as much fun and excitement with anyone before. It's just like a fever dream, you know?" He sweetly explained to me.

"I feel that way too sometimes, it never feels real with you either Eds. It's always new, it never gets old." I whispered to him, he showed me that amazing expression again, his expression of happiness with his smile. That amazing smile.

He cupped my face with his hand, the other hand on my waist. I couldn't help it anymore, so I leaned in and kissed him, it was a sweet kiss, but it was long. Sweet, long and memorable.

" It really does feel just like a fever dream, Eds."