62) 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓻

{continued from last chapter}

-Eddie POV, 8:30 PM-
I watched as Ariel looked up at me, that 'feel-good' smile on her face. I sat down beside her, I noticed Jennifer still glaring at Ariel, accept for it had, sorta like a sad look mixed into it.

" Hey, what's up?" I greeted, conveniently throwing my arm around Ariel. " Nothing much. Just talking." Ariel smirked, looking over at the three girls, that I knew nothing about but their names.

Jennifer, flipped her off, sarcastically smiling whilst doing so. Ariel faked being offended, bringing her snarky comments. "Oh no! You flipped me off! Holy shit!—" She said to Jennifer with an exaggerated gasp at the end.

" Go to hell!" Jennifer yelled to Ariel as she stood, the whole diner looking over at us. Ariel tried to stand also, but I pulled her back down.

" What the hell is going on?" Jeff asked abruptly and very loudly. Causing some people to look back at us. "Oh my god. Sit down!" Gareth told Jennifer and Amanda pulled her back down. " Why are you such a bitch?" Jennifer asked a little too genuinely.

"How am I being a bitch?" Ariel stared at her, " All I was-" Gareth suddenly stood up, Jeff doing the same, "We're leaving before we get kicked out. Munson you coming?" I watched as Gareth swung my car keys around in his hand.

I began to stand before a voice said my name, "Eddie?" Ariel looked up at me confused, "You're not gonna seriously leave me here with your whores are you?" She whisper yelled, her look of confusion switched over to a glare.

" Ariel, really, My whores? 1, I don't have whores 2, How the hell am I leaving you here? You drove here in your car by yourself, As much as I don't want you walking by yourself at night, I have to drop them off. You can figure it out."

Why the hell would I leave her at a diner, especially at night? And I don't have any ' Whores' I have her. Is she oblivious to the fact that I love her?

I broke thought when Ariel audibly sighed. "I gotta drop them off, meet me at my place?" She looked up at me with an unimpressed look. " Yeah if I can make it by myself." She mumbled sarcastically.

-Ariella POV-
I watched as Eddie jogged over to Gareth and grabbed the keys from his hand.

He wants me to safe, but then he leaves me at a sketchy ass diner on the whole other side of Hawkins, where I'm not sure how to get home, never mind safely when there's at least 4 men staring at me. What about if something actually happens? Like I get lost or hurt, is he just gonna run off with his friends every time something goes wrong?

My thoughts were put on pause when the waitress brought the check over. The three of them quickly got up, " Yeah sorry, your check, rich girl." One of them said while walking off.

The price wasn't too bad. But it's way more than I expected, than again it was 6 people.

After paying, I got up and walked out of the diner. I stared out into the darkness I'm not sure what time it is, but I know it's way past 9:00. Once I spotted my car, I ran across the parking lot and got it quickly. I looking around my car in a paranoid way. I hate it when it's dark, you can't see who or, what, is out there to get you.

Once I checked all around my I put my keys into the ignition, the sound of Paul Anka's ' Puppy Love' played on the radio. 

how the hell am I leaving you?'  ' You can figure it out.'

I kept thinking about what Eddie said to me, am I just being sensitive? That stings a little. I'm just being dramatic, I think.

I turned around and begun to back out of my parking spot, I'm debating going to Eddie's or not, it is closer, but he's been acting weird since Friday. He was being all quiet on Friday, today he wants to be all touchy and shit and now, I feel like he's trying to avoid me again. The last time he talked to me it felt like he was really mad at me.

I felt more anxious when I heard the clap of thunder from outside. I hate driving in a storm. Hawkins weather is so strange.

I focused on the music as I started my drive to Eddie's.

(7 minutes later, Forest Hills Trailer Park)

I pulled up to Eddie's trailer, not seeing his van nor his uncle's pick up. I could hear the rain banging on the top of my car. It was almost louder than the music. I looked down at the watch on my wrist, 9:57.

I jumped when I heard a loud knock on my window, those familiar brown eyes stared back at me. I have this feeling in my stomach, I found myself thinking, do I want to be here? Do I need a break? —No, no!

I quickly opened the door, feeling the rain dump onto me. " You weren't waiting for too long we're you?" Now he's being polite?

" No, I've only been here about 5 minutes." I replied to Eddie, he looked down at me for a few seconds before taking a step away from me.

I shivered, though it was still humid outside, the rain was really cold. It didn't help that I only had my cheer uniform on. I took my now wet, scrunchie out of my hair and stepped back up to Eddie.

"You okay?" I felt myself shiver again, causing my voice to waver. " Yeah, don't worry about me. Let's get you inside, you're shivering."

Eddie's hand softly touched the small of my back, lighting pushing me towards the door, he turned unlocked the door and then turned the knob. Stepping out of the way so I could go inside.

"Eddie-" As soon as I began to say his name, he placed a small peck on my lips. " Did I upset you somehow?" He asked whilst pulling away, " No..?" I replied hesitantly, yeah the fact that you left at the sketchiest ass diner, on the other side of town where I don't know how the fuck to get home, never mind, 'Figure it out, dumbass'.

"You know you're lying." He whispered, " I would've never guessed that. Come on, Eddie, You basically left me alone at a sketchy ass diner where I have no idea how the fuck to get home!"

" I'm sorry, did you want me to drive home with you? You should've said something." He replied pushing hair out of my face, " Eds! You're missing the point. The moment something goes wrong you just run off with your friends. I hate getting mad at you, but you can't leave because you're friends told you too. Okay?" He nodded and dropped his hands to his sides.

" Sorry, I didn't mean to be that harsh on you, Eddie." He shook his head and softly lightly my cheek.

" No, you're right. How about we change in to something more dry, yeah?"