109) 𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓽𝔂

-Ariella POV-
I got excited as I passed the large sign that was infront of the park. Quickly finding Eddie's trailer and parking infront of it. I noticed another car outside, a grey-ish, Ford Cortina. It wasn't an ugly car, but it wasn't in the beast condition. Maybe that's Eddie's uncle's? I then got out and walked up to the door, before I could knock, I was greeted with Wayne.

" Oh- hello!" He said, clearly startled from my presence, " Hi Mr. Munson, I'm here for Eddie." I say, " Please, call me Wayne, Eddie should be in his room. Nice seein' you again, kid." He said before he walked past me.

I made my way inside. Gently closing the door behind me. The first thing I heard was laughter, mixed with the sound of Mötley Crüe, Theatre of Pain, The record I bought for him. Maybe his friends are over?

I gently pushed the cracked door open, seeing the familiar blonde haired girl that he was siting by at lunch, now sitting in front of him on his bed.

"Oh- Ariel, what are you doing here?" He asked, " What? Did you break in?" Eddie joked.

" No. Your uncle let me in. here," I handed him the one football ticket and then I awkwardly stood there for a few seconds. The sound of ' Smokin' in the Boy's Room' filling the silence.

" You like the vinyl I got you," I say as an idea then filled my mind. I sat on the edge of the bed beside Eddie, wrapping an arm around him and running my hands through his hair. " You bought him this? I never thought that you would be the type to listen to them."

"Yeah..so Eddie, you know how you were talking about having nobody to go the game with, other than me? W-"

" Ed, do you need someone to go with? I really don't mind going," Jess said, casually interrupting me. "Well, Dustin and Mike are going, along with Lucas." I continued, setting my chin on his shoulder. Eddie gently gave me a small smirk, he's caught on.

"Oh, that's good." He said, wrapping his arm around my back, pulling me to lean closer to him. "After earlier I would have thought that you'd be all over me." I whisper in his ear, but loud enough for Jess to hear. When I met with him, all we did was make out for about 5 minutes. I love this little game!

" Anyway, Jess, I think that they'd like you." He says, lightly nudging me off of him, and moving over so there was more space for me to sit.

"Eddie, I think last time I was here I left my necklace here. Do you mind if I go look in the bathroom?" I ask, completely making up the whole thing, just trying to make her think that I would always be staying over here. Thinking of Billy's plan, and our little game.

"Yeah sure, sweetheart- Ariel." He quickly corrected himself, removing his hand from my waist.

As I left the room I heard a conversation about Eddie's Guitar, but once I got into the bathroom, their words changed. When I heard my name mentioned multiple times, I opened the door to hear what they were saying.

" You have a lot of pictures of her," Jess said, " Yeah, she gave me some of her Polaroids from summer. And we took a few together."

"Aw, you have it on your nightstand, that's so cute. If you guys did get together, it would be adorable." He has me on his nightstand?

"Can I trust you with something?" Eddie asked, I couldn't hear Jess's response but he began to talk again. " I want to get with her, but I don't know. We've only been on one date, I can't just say 'be my girlfriend', you know? I think she likes  one of football players anyway, I'm not really her type, she's never been with anyone like me." I hear him say casually. Why is he telling her our business?

"Do you like anyone else?" No way, right?

" Yeah, no. Kinda? Not as much as I like her. I feel like she would give me a chance, but there's something holding me back from telling her about it." 'Not as much as I like her.' He likes someone else?

" What do you find attractive in that girl, that you don't find in Ariel?" Jess asked, why am I always the damn topic of conversation? " I don't know.." He replied. Has he really been thinking about it?

"Do you think dark hair is more attractive, or blonde hair?" I heard Jess ask her. "I don't know. I like both I guess, I feel like really dark hair is pretty-but I also think that blonde hair is beautiful when it's the right color." This other girl has blonde hair. You know who else's is blonde?

" Eyes, green or blue? Hazel?" Jess asked him, "I like eyes different than mine. Blue or green, I think yours are nice, you don't see green eyes often." I felt my chest get tight in nervousness. Does he think her eyes are pretty, the same way he thinks my eyes are pretty?

I found myself not wanting to eavesdrop anymore, I don't want to hear Eddie basically say he's falling for someone else.

" I really want to talk to her, but I don't want her to feel pressured from the whole situation." I heard as I walked into the room, " Who?" I asked, hoping Eddie would just be honest with me. Both him and Jess looked up at me like a deer in head lights.

" Oh- I," He stammered, looking at Jess before looking around the room, " Joan Jett! We were reading this magazine that was talking about her- about her going on tour and how it could be a stressful time." Eddie exclaimed, looking around the room at the band posters to fuel his sentences. He can lie, but not to me.

One of the posters was an Iron Maiden tour poster, and he also had a magazine lying on his dresser. Wait, He feels like he has to lie to me?

"Did you find your necklace?" Eddie asked me as I awkwardly stood on the side of the bed, feeling as if I didn't belong. Look at me, then look at them.

Two metal heads, perfect for each other. No problems, no anxiety or anything like that. And then there's me, an ordinary cheerleader who likes Madonna, and has always got problems for her friends or brother to fix for her.

-Eddie POV-
I noticed that Ariel was obviously avoiding me. I think she knows that we weren't talking about Joan Jett. I don't know what happened, usually I'm pretty good at lying, but when it comes to her, I feel too guilty to lie.

I noticed Ariel's gorgeous blue eyes looking into mine. I scanned my eyes over her body. The girl I want to be mine, but I know I can't fuck this up. I can't fuck up a girl this beautiful, this kind, this incredible.

" Hey, I'm think I'm gonna head home now, my mom needs me home by 6. I'll see you guys later." Jess said, breaking me from my thoughts. "Thanks for letting me come over, Eddie. See you later."

Once I heard the front door close, I saw Ariel get up and walk outside to my room. " Are you heading out too?" I called after her.

I followed her out of my bedroom, "Oh, that Cortina is hers, alright." She said with a nod, looking out the window for a few seconds. " What?" I ask her with a chuckle, confused of why she wanted to see what car Jess drives.

" I guess it's just us now." I say to her, stepping behind her and wrapping an arm around her shoulders and an arm around her waist. I heard her sniffle gently, " Do you wanna tell me what happened earlier? Why you were upset?"

" Do you wanna tell me why you feel like you can't be honest with me?" She asked, turning around to face me, " Eddie, everything used to be so much different. We used to tell each other everything, make those promises not to tell anyone, it used to be so different. We wouldn't argue, we wouldn't get mad. I guess I just fucked all that up?" She asked genuinely, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"You didn't fuck up anything, and we do make promises, and I do trust you not to break those promises." I tell her, " No you don't. You don't trust me enough to talk to me about your feelings for me. Do you trust other people to talk about our relationship, more than me?"

" Our relationship?" I asked, unsure of what she meant, "Eddie, I just want honesty. I'm not mad, I just want you to trust me, I want you to feel like you can tell me anything, because I feel like I can tell you everything." Ariel said to me, " I'm giving you honesty." I told her, " Promise me that?" She whispers, engulfing my hand in hers,

" I promise."