19) " 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓶𝓪𝓷!"

( three days later)

-Eddie POV-
We were all sitting in Jeff's garage, we had just finished band practice and the three of us were having a drink together. I sipped on the can of beer in my hand as I sweat from the summer heat, and listened to my band mates' conversation.

" So, How's it going with Jennifer?" Jeff asked Gareth about the girl he's been hooking up with after he met her at a gig a few weeks back.
" It's cool, we've been hanging out. What I wanna know is what's going on between Munson and Ariel." They both turned to me.

" Well, I'm not really sure, we're just messing around I guess." I replied, I was kinda sad that I didn't know what this was. But it's also really interesting to me, it gives our relationship life. It also worries me a little that I don't know.

" I mean we're friends, but we've done stuff that people that are way more than friends so together."  Gareth looked at me, " Like what? Make outs? Sex?" He asked, " Both, I just really like her and shit- I don't think she likes me back how I like her."

" Have you told her?" Jeff interrogated. " Yeah, kinda- I don't fuckin' know dude!" I took another sip of beer and Gareth patted my shoulder, " You'll get it man."

" It's obvious she likes you back, she stares at you, she always smiles when she sees you," Gareth tried to help, " Just tell her you want to be more than friends, it's clear that she wants to, if you've had sex with her and made out with her I think she might like you back." Jeff said sarcastically.

"I don't want to scare her off!" I exclaimed, and Jeff shook his head at me, " That's probably why she won't tell you that she likes you because she likes you so much she doesn't want to scare you off also, and make you not want to be friends with her. She likes you and she definitely likes the ' friends with benefits' bullshit you have going on too!" Jeff stated and I listened carefully to every word.

" You really fucking think she likes me?" I asked with hope. " Holy shit Munson." Gareth rolled his eyes. I would hope so.

" Yes! Just tell her, man!"

- Ariella POV-
Chrissy and I were on our daily run we decided to take a different route today, we had just stopped when Chrissy said she had to tie her shoe. We had stopped infront of a house with an open garage, I could see a few people sitting inside, but I couldn't make out who they were.

" Ariel! Eddie says 'hi!' "I heard a voice call out from the house. Eddie? I recognized the voice to be sound of one of Eddie's friends.

" What?" Chrissy asked me and giggled, " Let's go up there, your boyfriend misses you!" She teased but still ended up dragging me towards the house, even though I had told her I wanted to continue our run.

When we got to the open garage, I saw Eddie with two other boys, I think their names were Jeff and Gareth? Not entirely sure.

" Hi!" Chrissy greeted them, still tugging on my hand. They all gave a variation of ' hey' s and 'hi's. " Ariel, Munson said he-" One of the other boys started, " Emerson! Stop talking. Don't say that." Eddie replied, he chuckled slightly after. Eddie's pretty brown eyes met mine and I managed to smile.

" So what are you guys up too?" Eddie asked Chrissy and I, " Just our run." Chrissy replied and she gave me that look again, smirking at me like she had just made a dirty joke.

" Want a beer?" The other one asked, I'm almost certain his name is Jeff. Still, not really sure.

" Yeah sure." Chrissy answered for us and Jeff? I think, went inside to get us one. Eddie chuckled while looking at me, I went over to sit on the floor beside him, Chris on my other side.

" What?" I asked and he smiled, " Nothin' you're just beautiful ." He whispered  into my ear, causing my heart to melt.

" Oh! My mom took the snacks you gave me!" I exclaimed, I'm still fucking mad about that, I wanted to eat those damn Cheetos." I joked to him, but I also felt bad that his money had been wasted on me.

" All of them?" He asked, Chrissy and the two boys were having their own conversation beside us.

" Yes! And I feel really bad because you wasted your money on me." I explained a little too loudly to him.

"Wait what?" Chrissy asked me, leaning closer to hear what she probably thought was gossip. " Eddie bought me some stuff and my bitch of a mom, threw it away." I explained to her.

" Damn Harrington, I didn't think you'd ever say that word.I didn't even think you knew what they meant!" One of the boys laughed and I just stayed quiet and giggled at myself, this wasn't supposed to be a big thing, but I guess I kinda did it to myself because I had to be too damn loud.

I tried to laugh off the embarrassment, " You know, it was nice seeing you guys. I'm gonna run home now." I said trying to rush down the driveway, before Chrissy grabbed my arm.

" What Ariel meant to ask you, Eddie, was that Jason is having a party, and she wanted you to go with her, you know, like, be her date?" Chrissy said and my eyes widened as I pulled her aside about ten feet away.

" What the hell, Chrissy?" I exclaimed, knowing that she has just but me into deeper embarrassment. I'm standing here sweating, while trying to run, Ive managed to bring all the attention to me, and now it seems as if I can't ask someone out on my own.

" Just wait he'll say yes." She said to me, bringing me back to the garage. " Sure, When is it?" Eddie chuckled, probably at me. " Told you so!" Chris told me under her breath. " Tomorrow night." Chrissy smirked at me.

" Yeah, okay cool. Bye Eddie!" I said sarcastically as I pulled on her hand so that I could go home.

" Why would you do that?" I asked genuinely, " Because you were too scared to and it needed to be done, he likes you a lot, I can tell."

" So! You didn't have to- Never mind." I replied, realizing she was right, it did need to be done. Again, this girl has gotta be psychic.

" You know I'm right Ari," Chrissy started as we walked into my house, " You know you guys would be so cute together." She continued.

" Also-" Chris's voice was cut off from the sound of the phone ringing. I walked over and picked it up.

" Hey doll, so can you help me with something?" Eddie's voice from the phone filled my ears I felt my mouth curve into a smile, " What do you need help with?"

He then asked what to wear to the party, " I'll help you, I'll make you look so good! I can come tomorrow because the party doesn't start 'til five, if that's okay?" I asked and I felt my smile get wider.

" Sure, I can come pick you up, how about 12:30?" He asked and I agreed.

"Ooh! Girl! It's so obvious! You miss him don't you?" Chrissy teased, " Shut up!" I said playfully back.

" Let's go watch 'Murder, She Wrote' while it's still on!" Chrissy suggested, " Yeah before Steve gets home, I still don't know why he wants to hang out so bad, I literally hang out with him every single day."

" Well lately you've been with Eddie a lot, which is super cute!" She exclaimed, I'm so glad to have met Chrissy those 13 years ago, she's so sweet and so supportive of me.

She reached over and turned on the TV and we watched a few episodes before Steve came home.

When Steve did come home, Chrissy told Steve how she thinks Ed really likes me, I think he likes me back, but not as much as she thinks. Chrissy, Steve, and I watched a few movies and Chrissy ended up staying the night.