101) 𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓮𝓻𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻

{about a month and a half later, Friday September 28th}

-Eddie POV-
I watched as Ariel sat at the front of the class, applying green and orange glitter to her best friend's face. Today was another pep rally, and a football game.

Both of them I would be attending to support Ariel, well really she wants me to go see her. She's really excited, I've noticed her drifting away from me lately, it's been like this for about a week, the gap began to grow when school started.

Less touching or grabbing, less asking to hang out after school, less making out, she's barely kissed me, and she keeps declining when I offer to drive her to school or practice.

" You seem like you're thinking hard," Jess started, " Yeah, a little." I say, my eyes not leaving Ariel's beautiful smile.

" You're falling so hard for her." Jess added, I then looked away from Ariel, "Falling? It's really not like that..." yeah, I've already fallen, fallen and hit the damn ground. Multiple times.

"If it's not like that, do you like anyone?" My heart twisted at the question. I love someone. But I'm starting to believe that that person never really loved me from the beginning. She thought she did, now she's realizing she doesn't. She's too sweet to tell me.

I did this to myself, trying to go for a cheerleader, especially 'King Steve' s perfect little sister.

" What happened to Billy's plan for you to break up Eddie and that bitch?" I heard Chrissy ask Ariel, I looked up at the mention of my name, Ariel was looking my way, but quickly looked away when she saw me look up.

"Shut up, Chrissy." Ariel mouthed,  while elbowing the girl beside her. Billy Hargrove? That bitch?

"Go talk to him." Chrissy Cunningham said, her voice louder than before, I again looked up from playing with Ariel's scrunchie on my wrist, and I saw Chrissy pushing Ariel towards me.

" I- Hi." Ariel said blankly, "Still coming next period?" She asked, running her hands against her cheer skirt, smoothing it out.

" Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I ask, this whole encounter is strange. " Just asking. I didn't think you wanted to?" She said, her statement sounding more like a question.

I noticed her eyes looking at Jess, her blank face expression gaining a look of maybe, anger?

" I- I guess I'll see you later, I gotta go get ready ." She said as the bell rang. Turning around and leaving the class.

"Well, that was awkward. She seems really tense." Jess said, grabbing her backpack, and standing up.

" I don't know why she asked if I was gonna come, we've had this planned for a while, I told her I would come, and I spent 2 bucks on tickets for the game." I told Jess, confused at why Ariel was upset at me.

We started to walk together to the gym, where the pep rally was going to be held. "Munson, since when do you go to pep rallies?" Jeff asked me, " Since he started seeing Ariel." Gareth teased.

"C'mon man, stop playing. She bought me tickets to go the game, so I thought I should just come to this too." I told them, "Alright man, you'll never really admit how you feel for your 'sweetheart'." My friend again teased, the four of us walked into the gymnasium and found a seat on the bleachers.

Soon enough, the loud music from the schools marching band, and students cheering filled the gym. I watched as Ariel and the rest of the cheer squad came out and positioned in windows. The band begin to play a different song and they began to dance. They did a few different dances before running over to a corner to grab a large breakaway banner.