35) " 𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬, 𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽!"

{continued from last chapter}

-Eddie POV- 6:50 pm
I walked through the main entrance doors of the mall, It was quite empty today. I looked around as I walked towards Scoops Ahoy. I spotted Ariel, Robin, and Steve sitting at one of the tables by the front of the small parlor. " Hey." I sat down in the forth seat of the table.
Robin laughed and Ariel hit her arm playfully, "Robin, shut up!" She exclaimed. " Hi Eddie!" Ariel me greeted with a pretty smile.

" Anyway, I'm getting tired so bye Ariel, have fun, don't be out late; and call. Bye Munson." Steve stood up with a smirk, I awkwardly smiled and waved at them both, they were in a rush.

" What did you want to tell me?" I asked Ariel curiously, she looked up at me, " Can we leave first? please?" She said, " Yeah, sure." I stuck out my elbow and we locked arms. We begun to walk out of the mall, my curiosity grew and question after question, began to fill my mind. " You're not telling me anything bad, are you?" I asked, I felt her wrap both of her arms around my left arm that was previously locked with hers.

"Well— it's not, bad. It's just about something that happened today, and that's related to something that happened a few months back. It's really not that serious, but want to tell you because I know you won't freak out and you won't tell anyone else." She explained briefly.

"Oh okay; I was just making sure nothing happened to you, you seem a little on edge." I replied to the girl on my arm. She nodded as we walked out of the mall the same way I came in earlier.

" M'lady," I said playfully, as I opened the door for her, she let out that familiar giggle that I could never hear enough times. She then told me, "Thank you, Eddie." I ran over to the drivers side and got in. I just noticed how her hair was styled, her hair was in two braids, one on each side, was fiddling with the end of one of them.

" Cute." I complimented as I picked one up for a second, her hair was always so damn soft. I laid it back down over her shoulder. " Can I tell you?" She placed her hand on mine, that was on the middle console. I hummed in response and brought all of my attention to her. Our eyes met and I gave her a gentle smile, letting her know that I was listening.

" So, uh- I'm a little embarrassed about this but I can't keep it in. Remember in April, when we went to the mall together? Remember that guy?" She explained, twisting my rings on my fingers as she spoke.

" Yeah, can I ask why your embarrassed about that?" I questioned curiously, she shook her head, "Alright. Sorry, keep going," I told her, and her voice again filled my ears." He was at the mall earlier today, at first I didn't recognize him, then it hit me. He kept looking me up and down and shit, and just being fuckin' creepy."

I listened carefully, "Oh, sweetheart—" I cooed,   " I was so scared, Eds, well not scared, but more freaked. Freaked out that he would try to do something again, I don't know what would've happened if there wasn't Steve and Robin in the back, just, ew." I shook my head at the situation, thinking it over. Thinking of how she probably felt.

" Did you tell Steve?" I asked, expecting a 'no' as response." I didn't because I know he would've freaked out, that's why I didn't tell him about it when it happened the first time, I couldn't tell Robin, because she would tell Steve. I just don't want to be involved in anything. I really don't." She says in an upset tone.

" You don't have to worry about that, doll. I won't let anyone put their hands on you, if I can't be there, I'll make sure someone else is there to take care of you. I promise, I won't let anything happen to you, if something does happen, I'll take care of it. Okay?" I told her, while I was speaking I caressed her face. We then shared a smile.

She placed her hand over mine that was resting on her face, she was now holding both of my hands in hers. "Thank you, Eddie, I really appreciate that. You're such a good person, you know that right?" She told me as her smile grew.

" I know now, I'm not just telling you this to make you feel better, baby. I mean all this. I wont let anyone hurt you, 'kay?" She nodded in response, I've never let my guard down, and told someone my true feelings like like before.

I've always been to scared to, ever since I had my first crush in the 7th grade, got rejected  and told how gross I was, and how I was really weird. I might by fuckin' weird, but I'm better than those damn basketball players.

But with Ariel it felt so natural to just tell her how I felt, I feel like I could tell her absolutely anything, and she wouldn't judge me. I hadn't realized I was staring at her for so long until she called my name, and broke my train of thoughts, " Eddie— why are you staring at me like that?" She practically whispered, "Sorry I didn't mean to stare, I was just thinking about you" I whispered back. Her face then again twisted into a smile.

" I wanna take you somewhere special." I told her as the amazing, but very ' sappy', idea popped into my head, " Where would that be?" She asked, her face lighting up with excitement. " You'll see." I replied, as I stuck my key into the ignition and began to drive to the mystery location, Lovers Lake.

-Ariella POV-
After about 10-15 minutes, the van stopped and Eddie quickly got out of the van and ran over to my side, and opened the door with his hand stuck out. He grabbed my hand to help me out of the van, " Skull Rock? Really?" I say jokingly,  'Skull Rock' the popular make-out station. Oh, the memories here. The memories. Those memories...

" Not just ' Skull Rock' have you ever been to the top?" Eddie asked me, and I shook my head at him, " How would we even get up there?" I said as I turned my gaze to him." I'll show you," He gently took my hand and led me on a short trail that led to the end of a hill.

" Careful when you climb this, it's a little steep. I'm going to stay behind you so you won't fall." He said and I made my way up the large, slightly steep hill. It took us about 10 minutes to reach the top. " See right there, that's the top of Skull Rock." He placed a hand on my waist, and pointed to the large rock.

" C'mon." He again grabbed my hand and we ran to the top of Skull Rock. When we stood at the top of it, you could see all of Lovers Lake, and a great view of the stars. I looked around some more, taking in every detail." This is so beautiful Eddie, how did you even find out how to get up here!" I exclaimed.

" Magic, sweetheart!"