(1) 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓰𝓸𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓹

April 25,1985

-Eddie's POV-
I stared as the most beautiful girl walked passed me, Ariella Harrington. God, she was so beautiful, I've had eye on her since I first saw her, my first senior year. After hearing more about her, it developed into a small crush.

I loved when she would flip her dark curly hair over her shoulders. She is so pretty I can't even explain it. The way she always sat with her ankles crossed under her desk, leaning over every few minutes to talk to Chrissy Cunningham.

A voice interrupted my thoughts, I was disappointed that my 'daydream' was interrupted, as my friends would say, but these thoughts did need to stop. " Dude, stop starring at her before she sees you! You're literally gawking."Gareth told me as he smacked my arm. Rude ass. I've always found myself looking over at her, I never wanted her to think I was a creep, even if I do have a chance with her.

"Munson, Emerson, cut out the talking. Anyways, we're starting a new project and I decided that for the last project we're going to have partners." Mrs.O'Donnell explained and I watched as everyone looked at the person they wanted to be partners with, some other students groaned. Ew, school projects.

" I'm picking partners because some of you— can't be responsible." she paused and looked at me and Gareth, specifically, before saying the last part of her sentence. I sarcastically smiled at her when she wasn't looking.

Mrs. O'Donnell begin to announce partners "— Ariella and Eddie, Chrissy and—"  before I could even process that she was my partner, I heard the ruckus of a chair scoot over closer to me.

" Eddie, right?" Her sweet voice filled my ears " uh-I- yeah" She smiled beautifully, setting a hand on the desk in-front of us." I'm Ariella, but you can just call me Ariel or Ari!" She seemed so eager to talk to me, or is she just hyper? " Oh my god! I love your pins! I love Judas Priest!" She exclaimed excitedly .

" Oh, thank you." I squeaked out, she begin to ramble on about how she couldn't meet up with me after school because of cheer practice, and other small things, I listened to every word she said, I just met her and I'm already feeling all that cringy- mushy- love shit.

" Sorry, sorry! I said too much didn't I?" She asked " No, no, not at all." I replied, my heart fluttering that she was even acknowledging me. "Tell me some things about you."

" Well, I'm free all week, and next, accept for Thursday, I have a gig with my band." I informed her. She gasped " You have a band!?" She questioned,

" Uh yeah, I'm the guitarist actually!" She was already asking me constant questions. " Woah sweetheart, one at a time." What the hell did I just say? Sweetheart?

I then chuckled softly at her excitement, hoping to defuse the still awkward feelings in the moment." Sorry." she apologized again, I could tell by her body language that she was embarrassed. "It's okay."

" Is tomorrow okay? After school?" she asked me. " Yeah sure! we can do that. Your place?" I questioned

" Yeah that should be fine, my parents won't be home, and my brother won't mind!" Her excitement was so cute. Again, these thoughts need to stop, I just met her...A few minutes later, the bell rang and everyone begun to leave the classroom.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow, bye Eddie!" She told me as she left and walked over to Chrissy. This is gotta be a dream. Im having another strange dream that will never come true.

My crush on her was even worse now. I'm way out of her league ,she wouldn't date a freak like me. I mean, popular cheerleader who's dating a jock? Yeah, no never. Especially 'King Steve's younger sister. She's too good for me. I'm falling way too hard for her.

-Lunch, Ariella POV-
"So how is he? Is he mean?" Chrissy asked me curiously " No, not at all! he's actually really sweet and-" before I could finish Chrissy cut me off, " Ooh— Ari! You like him don't you!?" Chrissy asked me and I stayed quiet knowing I'm a bad liar, I couldn't even try to deny it, Chris knew it all.

I actually did like him. I thought he was cute before, screw that, he's kinda hot, but.. all my friends, and the whole basketball team, are so rude and disrespectful to him so I think he assumes I'm like that too.

" I heard that he likes you, like really, really, likes you." Chrissy said, I knew she could tell that I liked him. She's known me since kindergarten, she knows everything with out even trying! She's psychic or something.

"Maybe not anymore, I kinda ruined the moment, I kept talking and asking questions before I gave him a chance to talk. I'll tell you what, I'll tell you who I like if you admit you like Jason, don't deny Chris, it's obvious." I told her in a shushed tone, giggling to myself about her gigantic crush on our friend, Jason.

" Okay, I'll stay over tomorrow night, we can gossip!" She told me excitedly "Okay, but after four because Eddie is coming over for our project in Mrs. O'Donnell."

-Eddie POV-
" C'mon, man! She's clearly into you! Why didn't you ask her out?!" Jeff pestered "Not so loud, I don't want anyone to go run their fucking mouths to her! I just met her anyway, it would be weird to ask her out. I don't want to scare her off, also, all of her friends hate me. Im already a ' Freak' I don't need to be ' creep' also."

I reminded Jeff, knowing that if the basketball players found out about the huge crush I had on her, they would blow it and everything would just be worse.

I saw Chrissy walk up to our table " Hey Eddie, can I ask you something?" She questioned, what gossip was spread today? " Yeah, sure?" I replied awkwardly as I got up from my seat.

" So do you like anyone? Especially someone who's name starts with an 'A' ?" The cheerleader said, smirking slightly.

Play it cool, " Oh, I- , No, I don't!" I
replied, how did she know? Goddamnit, Did I make it that obvious? Does Ariel know? I had so many questions with no answers for myself.

"Okay that's all I needed to know! Oh! And Ari wants you to meet her at the end of 9th period." She turned and ran back to her table, Ariel's face with an eager look on it.

.+•*}~ ~{*•+

-Ariella POV-
I was collecting my stuff for cheer practice out of my locker, and placing the stuff I didn't need into it. I'm so glad it's Thursday, I couldn't wait to go to mall and have that sleepover with Chrissy.

I turned around to see Eddie facing me. I jumped " Oh! It's just you! You scared me Eddie!" I said that as if if wasn't already obvious. God, I'm embarrassing myself. I'm an  embarrassment.

" Sorry, Chrissy said you wanted to see me?" Oh my god! What did Chrissy do this time? Oh Chrissy...

" Oh yeah I wanted to..I wanted to ask what time we should meet up at my house tomorrow?" That was the first thing that came to mind. I was too nervous of embarrassing myself to say anything else.

I noticed how tall he was, he looked 5'11 maybe 6'0? I stared at all his features, he was pretty good looking, definitely had good genetics. Am I staring at the 'freak' ?

"Is 4 okay?" He asked I barely even heard it that's zoned out I was, " Huh? Oh yeah, yeah, come at 4. That's fine!" I quickly looked at my feet. I hoping that he hadn't notice.

" Okay, have fun at practice, bye Ariel!" he waved and smiled. His smile is really pretty, he has dimples too!

" Bye."