44) 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷.

{next day, June 30}
-Eddie POV-
I walked into Scoops Ahoy, I waved to Steve and he waved back. " Hey, man." He greeted, "She's on break, she's-" He began told me about where his sister was, "Wait, I gotta ask you something." I stated, "Okay, What's up?"

" It's about Ariel, well, her ex. His name was Nathan right?" I asked and he nodded, " What about him? Did she tell you about the phone calls?" I felt my face scrunch in confusion, "Phone calls?" Steve nodded,

" Yeah, he keeps calling her. I don't know how he got her new number, but he's already called 3 times. Ask 'Ella more about it, she didn't tell me much about it." I walked into the back, "Ariel, Nathan is calling you? Why didn't yo-" I stopped talking when I realized Robin was with her. Robin gave a wave and then left the room.

Ariel's eyebrows sewed together in confusion, she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the back room, and then out of Scoops Ahoy. Not saying a word while she did so, kind of  freaking me out.

"Eddie! How do you know?" Ariel exclaimed, a look of confusion on her face and frustration in her voice." Your brother told me. Why does he keep calling you?" I asked, is there something here I obviously don't know? " You tell me." She replied with a sigh; rubbing her eyes, which caused small black flakes of mascara to fall under her eyes.

" What did he say when he called you? Do you know how he got your number?" I interrogated, moving closer and wiping the small flakes from under her gorgeous blue eyes.

" I don't fuckin' know Eddie! He always does shit like this! I- I gotta get back to work, I don't have time for this." She told me, pushing my hand away from her and getting up. She shook her head as she made her way back to the busy counter inside of Scoops Ahoy.

I figured she was frustrated with me, so I left the mall and waited until she got off to talk to her. Maybe I shouldn't have asked?

-Time skip, 3 hours, 2:37 pm-
" Why didn't you come over yesterday, remember?" I questioned Ariel,  a new tone of kindness in my voice, " Eddie, I couldn't okay. I was dealing with Nathan." She told me as she walked ahead a little on the sidewalk, we decided to go on a walk considering how warm it was out today, though it's warm everyday...

"What do you mean ' dealing with' him?" I asked as caught up to her, "I was trying to figure out how and why he had my phone number, not the house number in the phone book, my line. I have my own." She began to explain." Are you sure you didn't give it to him before you broke up?"

" Yes! I'm sure! That's why I got a new one anyways. After we broke up he kept calling me, and when I didn't answer he would show up at the door. He kept trying to get things from me." She grabbed my hand and swayed our hands back-and-forth as we walked.

" What kind of things?" I asked as I opened the door of my trailer for her. " Oh- just stuff." She replied hesitantly. " Nothing bad, right?" Probably bad.

" Eddie, please don't take this the wrong way. I appreciate you looking out for me, but this doesn't concern you. I've got it under control, 'kay?" She said, her voice calm at first, then gaining a mock type tone; a shitty attitude. She then sat down on the couch and I followed.

It was silent for a few minutes before I couldn't stop all the questions I had, questions on concern and worry, " He didn't, try to- sleep with you, did he? Like without consent? Did he ever ask for money?-" She interrupted my long list of concerned questions, I understand if she doesn't want to tell me, but some things you have to tell people.

" Eddie, look. Please, I've got it." She then gave more for that shitty attitude as looked up from her stare at her thumbs as she fiddled with them, picking at the hangnail on her left thumb, then chipping her fresh white nail polish.

" Right. Sorry." I sighed and plopped my back onto my couch, frustrated. Trying to tolerate her behavior, considering that this is most likely stressful for her. " Do you think he might be stalking me or something?" I looked over at her, I was kinda pissed that she would ask me about it, after telling me that I'm not involved, and being rude, if she's so persistent that I not be involved, why is she asking for my advice?

" I cant answer that, remember? ' This doesn't concern me'." I replied, she just looked at me, before rolling her eyes at me. " Your words, not mine, sweetheart." I informed her with a hint of sarcasm that probably came off stronger than I intended it too.

" Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. After Steve told you my business and then you almost yelled it out to Robin, I might as well tell everyone," Her voice lowered to a mumble as she spoke her second sentence.

" Sorry for caring about you, and trying to make sure you're not in a shitty situation that you can't get out off." I muttered back sarcastically. She scoffed at my words, " I told you I appreciate you caring for me, I just don't understand why you're mad, it's me in this, not you. I'm the one that has to worry about what bullshit he'll pull next."

" You're so stubborn." I said aloud, "I'm stubborn? You keep asking questions about this, and I told you twice, Eddie. This-does-not -concern-you." She spaced out her words as if I couldn't understand what she was saying the prior two times.

" Well damn! Sorry for trying to make sure that you're okay, you clearly don't feel the same." She once again scoffed, "What? Eddie, just because we disagree on something does not mean that I don't care about you!" She yelled loudly in 'shock', though I'm convinced she was amused by my reaction.

-Ariella POV-
" Oh really now? That's what it feels like, you talk all this shit and then you-" I immediately started to yell over Eddie, his pettiness is starting to really piss me off.

"You better not say that I don't care about you again, Eddie! You have no idea how much you mean to me!" I yelled. I cant believe he would even think to say that, is he delusional?

" I'm sorry that I'm trying to protect you from your psychotic ex- boyfriend that, I know, is probably trying to use you for shit! Using you for sex, and money, and probably—"

" Eddie! Stop! You don't know anything about this! How come this is the argument every time? You always accuse someone to be 'oh so bad'!First it's Billy, and now Nathan! I know he's an asshat, but I've got it under control and if you really cared, you'd listen to me!" His face softened slightly, but then he begun to talk shit again.

"Okay! I was wrong about Billy! Happy? But this guy has actually done things to you! And now that he's harassing you and I'm trying to help you, you want to get mad at me for it!" My jaw dramatically dropped. " I'm not mad at you for that! I'm mad because you won't fucking listen to me! Look I don't want to argue anymore, I'm sorry."

He took a deep breath, " You know all your problems can't be fixed with just 'I'm sorry'! I don't want to argue anymore either! But I was listening, and I'm just trying to fucking help. You could've just said ' hey man, I got this, thanks' but no! You always have to have that shitty attitude!"

" Eddie? Are you stupid? That's exactly what I did! That's— you really don't pay any goddamn attention! That's exactly what I-" He interrupted me, " Okay? Well you still didn't have to have a fucking attitude!" He said, " What? Out of ammo Munson? You're just pissed because you're wrong." I spoke.

" Im not ' out of ammo', Harrington! I'm just so tired of fucking arguing with you!" He exclaimed, " Then stop." I smiled sarcastically.

" You want me to stop? You like starting shit don't you? This is entertainment to you isn't it?" I scoffed once again at Eddie's words, feeling myself get even more frustrated by the second.

" No! What?! That doesn't even make sense, Eddie! You're the one starting more shit, because this started off about Nathan, and now your saying that I'm doing this for entertainment?! Are you high or some shit?"

" You probably fuck him behind my back, don't you!"