91) 𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓶 𝔀𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻

{about and hour later, resumed from last}

-Eddie POV-
I had my arm around Ariel as she stirred awake again, slowly opening her eyes.

" Hi beautiful, how are you feeling?" I greeted her softly, " Eddie?" She then quickly sat up and looked around. " Hey, slow down." I told her and gently pulled her back towards me.

"What the hell happened?" She asked, her face changing into a series or different expressions as she thought, maybe she's remembering?

" I'll get to that in a second, okay? Does your head hurt yet?" I asked, she kept looking around like she was trying to remember something.

" I love you Eddie." She muttered as she looked down at her dress.

" I love you too." I told her, and she looked up at me with a look of admiration, " Bullshit!" She called, her face looking like she had just remembered another thing.

"What?" I asked her, " That's bullshit Eddie! You ditched me, you asshole! You left me! You left me to go hang out with her!" Ariel exclaimed angrily as she stood up

" Ariel! I didn't leave you! You were the one that went over to Patrick." I told her, my jealousy getting the best of me.

" I went over to him for 5 minutes! I told you to meet me by the pool and you nodded and you never did! You were too busy chasing Jess." She explained, calming to voice to a normal volume as she expressed her hurt.

"I wasn't chasing Jess-" I tired to explain, "Then what were you doing? Trying to leave me out? Trying to embarrass me? I was all alone, Eddie. Everyone else was already with someone else," she explained.

" I wasn't trying to any of those things. I didn't realize you were alone, you should've told me how you felt, if you were alone you should've came to get me." I explained to her softly, " Why Eddie? So you could ignore me again or so I that I could watch her out her hands on you?" She asked a little too genuinely. I could tell she was hurt, but why didn't she tell me before?

"Look, I'm sorry I ignored you that one time. I really am, that was an asshole move because I was jealous of you and Billy, but I promise you, I never meant to leave you alone! I had no idea you were alone, that's dangerous, if someone got you alone somewhere-"

" That's the problem Eddie! You didn't care enough to know where I was! Or what I was doing! All you cared about was messing around with Jess!" Ariel yelled, tears forming in her eyes.

I felt guilty for now being there with her, but that's not the whole truth. "Ariel I know I wasn't right beside you like you wanted, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you! I do care, a lot, I just reall-"

" You didn't care until after you saw me with someone else! It's like you don't want anyone else to even touch me, but when Jess touches you it's okay? How the hell does that make sense? Right it do-" She began to yell at me. " Ariel! I need you to listen to me! That is not what happened at all! You were drunk!" I snapped,

" So what if I was drunk? Ifs that not what happened, then what did?" She asked sarcastically.

" First off, I didn't leave you, you left to go to Patrick McKinney, and then me and Jess just started to hang out, then you told me to me you at the pool, you never said when, but I saw you go to talk to your friends, you wet never fully alone, Jess, me and Gareth went to go get drinks and then we went over to you and you were getting all close with Patrick!"

" I was not!" She argued, " I'm not done," I told her and she rolled her eyes, "I know you were embarrassed when she pushed you into the pool because your drunk as hell friends were laughing at you, but that doesn't explain why you and Patrick were in the bathroom together like you guys were about to fuck!" I expressed, all of my feelings about the situation were now out.

" No! He was comforting me because you left me! You can't get mad when you've been getting close with Jess since the readiness date!" She shouted, her voice filled with anger and jealousy?

I  stood up and grabbed the pack of Marlboro that was on my nightstand and walked to the living room.

I took a deep breath and lit my cigarette as I thought about the situation. I love her, but I think I'm losing her. I can't lose her! we've been arguing quite often... and I really need to fix myself, but I don't exactly know what I'm doing wrong, she's mad I'm with Jess, maybe she's jealous? She might be, but I tried showing her off to Jess, but I can't do that either because I don't know if we're sneaking around or not? I'm such an asshole, I shouldn't have left her alone, but she also was with Patrick. But I'm also jealous. No, fuck! Yes I am.

I heard Ariel turn the bathroom light on, I walked into the bathroom, man, this girl is literally perfect, I can't fuck this up!

I found myself leaning on the doorframe, watching her brush her hair and try to clean off the remainder of her makeup. We made eye contact every few seconds in the mirror. She looks like an angel. But I want to make her my angel.

She suddenly leaned over the open toilet, and began throwing up, I forgot she was drunk last night. I crouched down behind her to hold her hair back. She quickly finished and moved away. I tried to rub her back, but she hit my hand away.

" Sorry." She muttered before grabbing my hand, and running her fingertips over my knuckles. " Eddie," she started as she dropped my hand tenderly, " I- can I use your shower?"

" Yeah, always. I'll let you borrow some clothes. There should be a towel on the rod inside of the shower." I told her as I got up to walk to my room. I sat down onto the messy bed, finishing up my cigarette before putting it into the ash tray.

She that's mad, she doesn't even want to hold my hand. I felt guilty for treating her like that.

I went to my closet to grab her some clothes, well she wore her swimsuit under that dress, I'll see if she has anything here.

As I knocked on the bathroom door I could hear the shower running, " Come in." She called out to me.

" Hey, I- I brought you some clothes." I stated blankly, " Thank you."

" I'll-" she was quick to interrupt me, " Can you- do you wanna join me?" She asked, trying go find the right words.

Join her? Like shower with her? " Wait, What?" I asked, " Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. It's okay if your not into that-"

I quickly started taking my clothes off, " No, I've-I've wanted to try it, I've just been too scared to ask." I explained to her I removed my last article of clothing.

I then stepped into the shower behind her, my eyes quickly scanning over her bare body before she turned around. "Eddie," Ariel cooed, she reached up to gently move my still dry hair out of my face. She looked away and dropped her hand. Slowly the room went silent, the only sound being the water from the shower.

" Why do we argue like this?" The most beautiful eyes looked up at me with that familiar look in them.

" I- I don't know. I just think we both care about each other and- well I think I'm part of the problem." I admitted, " Eddie, why do you say that?"

" I've never been in a relationship before. It's really embarrassing, but it's true. I don't know how to act, Ariel. I'm sorry I keep messing up, I'm just so worried about fucking up what we have, that I keep fucking up."

" We both keep fucking up. I shouldn't have reacted like that, I shouldn't have started an argument. I should've just told how I felt. I should've told you that I was jealous, and that I-" I interrupted by grabbing her by the hips, and bringing her closer to me. I deeply kissed her soft lips, that still had just a touch of alcohol left on them.

She kissed back with the same energy, " Im sorry, Eddie." She whispered, I wrapped my arms around her and held her under the warm water. We both leaned into each other, enjoying the others's embrace.

"I'm sorry too, my angel."