55) 𝓲𝓷-𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮

{ A few minutes later, 9:15 pm}

-Ariella POV-
A giggle slipped out when Eddie set me down in the passenger seat after carrying me the last 20-25 feet to his van.

"I have a better idea." He said over the fireworks, " And that would be?" I questioned curiously, he held up one finger before closing the door, signifying to hold on a sec. He ran to the drivers side and got in.

" We should go on the roof of my trailer, last year there were a whole bunch of fireworks, really great view too." He said as he explained his idea with excitement.

" The roof Eds? How the hell do you even get up there?" I asked and in reply he showed me that damn pretty smile, " Oh, I'll just show you, sweetheart." Eddie grabbed my hand and held it in his. He left a small kiss to my knuckles, " So, what do think if we do that, and then watch some movies together all night? Or does King Steve want you home?"

I playfully rolled my eyes at 'King Steve', " Actually Steve hasn't given me a curfew today. He can't say anything because he brought Dustin with him to spy on me, so if he wanted to give me one he would've. He always does that, he'll complain after but he didn't even—" I realized I was on a loop, rambling again.

" Sorry, but I'd love to do that with you, Eddie." He looked at me with a grin, " I told you not to say that, but you're so gorgeous I couldn't ever stay mad." I blushed at his compliment, though he's told me more times than I can count."Okay, I'll try. I promise."

"I was going to offer you a drink, but I don't want you throwing up again, or getting drunk at all. You're crazy when you are." He joked as I playfully rolled my eyes once again, he laughed at his own joke , before starting the van.

" I'm not crazy." I replied, " Yeah you're sober! If you weren't— you'd wake up in jail." He grabbed the back of my seat to turn around, looking over his shoulder while backing out.

" What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, pretending to be offended. He shook his head, his long waves moving slightly. " You're just crazy in general, you drink like a psycho."

" You drink like—" He chuckled, "Love, we both know you were way too drunk, both times, to remember how I drink. For the best, let's keep you sober tonight; but if you really want to, I guess we can." He looked at me for a few seconds before making a turn.

" Eddie, you're the one that suggested it, I don't really want to though. Maybe I can get some sleep this time, last time I saw you, you kept me up all night." I smirked at my own words.

" Oh? You said you want me to do it again? Because I made you feel so damn good. You could barely walk, you were so weak. Good thing your brother wasn't home, or else he'd know our little secret."

" Shut up." I playfully hit his arm, "Chrissy is the only one that knows all the stuff we've done, and Jason knows a little. The only thing Steve knows is that we're friends, nothing more, just on a friendly date."

I didn't know Eddie wanted this to be a secret, now that I've thought of it, we act like it is one, we haven't told anyone but our close friends, and that was months after it started. No one knows, and we hide it. I've never kept a relationship ship a secret, but so far, this is fun.

I looked up when Eddie stopped the car and got out, he quickly got out before I could get a word in, he opened my door, holding his hand out, " C'mon! I'll show you how to get on the roof."

The moment I grabbed his hand, he pulled me towards him. He shut the door before running to the back of the trailer, " Watch." He stepped onto an old shelve behind the trailer, he hoisted himself up onto the roof, holding his hands out. I replicated his motions, he grabbed my hands to pull me up.

" Wow." I stared at the stars, looking at the different constellations in the dark sky. I jumped when I unexpectedly heard the same sound I've been hearing all night, I leaned into Eddie, smiling when his arms wrapped around me.
+•*}~                                                                 ~{*•+

-Eddie POV-
I looked through movies while waiting for Ariel to change her clothes, The Outsiders, E.T, The Evil Dead, Jaws, Grease, Grease? When the hell did we have Grease? Maybe one of Wayne's 'girlfriends' left it here, though he hasn't had one in a while.

" Ooh!" She picked one up, ' The Outsiders' " I love this movie, Nancy and I watch it together all the time! She can't stop talking about how hot she thinks Tom Cruise is the whole time." She spoke, before handing it back to me. " We can watch it if you want, I haven't seen it since I bought it, so—"

" Okay!" She said excitedly, smiling down at me. My eyes then began to scan her body, she still looked so damn good in my clothes. " You're staring awful hard, is there something wrong?" She teased, causing my face to heat up.

"Hm?" She continued, placing a hand under my chin, tilting my head up to look at her. She giggled before walking off into the kitchen, " Mind if I make some tea?" She asked as if nothing happened.

" Uh- yeah go ahead." I replied putting the tape into the VCR, waiting for her to get back.

I was greeted by Ariel as she hopped onto the couch beside me, I smiled at her before starting the movie, she smiled back and took a sip of her tea, " Oh! I made you some." She handed me a glass with said tea in it, with a lemon on the edge, we have lemon?

" Thank you, you didn't have to do all that," I took a sip before I spoke again, " It's really good, though." We shared a smile, " It's your tea, why wouldn't I make you some?" She asked with a laugh.

Ariel once again, put her head on my shoulder; I wrapped my arm around her, causing her head to fall to my chest. She moved herself closer, closing the gap between us. I leaned my head over hers.

I laid down on the couch, bringing Ariel with me. " I love you." She muttered into my neck while hugging me, " I love you, too."

I looked down at her again, her eyes closed, and her breathing was slowed. I pulled the blanket on the edge of the couch over her.

I stared down at her peaceful state, I really love her. I've never thought all this sappy shit before, but I think I feel more than just 'love'?

I don't just love Ariel, I'm starting to fall in-love with her.