63) 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻

{continued from prior}

-Eddie POV-
I heard the low grumble of thunder continue with the sound of the heavy rain from outside of the window. I handed Ariel one of my old sweatshirts " Here, and I'll help you get this off." I mumbled motioning to her cheer uniform.

I stepped in front of her, she begun to take off the top, revealing her simple black bra. " Do you wanna help me with my skirt?" She smirked, I flipped her around by her shoulders she gasped at the sudden movement.

I leaned down and unzipped the short zipper on the back of the skirt. I lightly tugged the skirt down her hips before it fell down to her ankles. She stepped out of it and folded it neatly. "Damn,I just got it dry cleaned. " She sighed and set her folded skirt beside the top piece.

I looked down at her, she was only wearing her matching black panties and bra. " Are you gonna change?" She asked innocently. I took my eyes off of her.

"Yeah— here." I tossed her a random pair of pajama pants I probably haven't worn since 8th grade. "Thanks." She began to slip them on along with the black sweatshirt I gave her.

I kicked my jeans off and changed my shirt, her eyes watched curiously, she stood waiting for me to be done.

I admired the sight of her in my clothes, I don't know why, but it makes me more attracted to  Ariel.

"Eddie—," She cooed, stepping closer to me, " What are gonna do now?" She asked, she jumped slightly at the sound of the thunder, as it got louder than before and the rain began to beat harder against the roof.

"Your choice, are you hungry, you didn't eat much at dinner?" I questioned, Ariel shook her head in response. "I ate after cheer, I'm okay." She smiled up at me, " Do you wanna watch a movie or something?"

" Of course, I don't have very many movies though, I would take you to the video store but they close at 8, and it's already 10:30." I explained to her, " That's okay, I'll watch anything really,"

She grabbed my hand and took us to the living room. She sat down in front of the TV stand, she opened the cabinets where the VHS were stored.

" Okay—," She pulled out a few, and looked at them, calling them out as she read them. " Nightmare on Elm Street, The Shining, Christine," She stopped and gasped, " Eddie! This is due.. from 3 months ago!" She said holding up The Shining.

Before I could say anything she spoke again, " Eddie, you have Risky Business ?" She asked with a smirk, " I've never watched it, but yeah."

"You should watch it sometime." Her grin grew bigger, " 'specially the part when— never mind I don't wanna spoil it."

"How about.. Ooh, Poltergeist ?  Chrissy watched it with Jason and she said it was good?" She suggested.

"You've never seen it? Lets watch it." She stood up excitedly, but then stopped to pick up the tapes and stack them on the table.

Do you want me to grab a blanket?" I looked down at her as she stood I front of me. I found myself thinking the same thought I have been thinking since day one,: God, shes so beautiful.

I walked down to my room, where I snatched one of the blankets from off my bed and made my way back to Ariel.

She tapped her fingers against her leg softly as she stared outside the window at the storm. I stepped behind her and hugged her while wrapping the blanket around her. 

She moved over and made space for me beside her on the couch. Then she started the movie. Ariel leaned her head onto my shoulder, I pulled her closer to me, admiring her features.

She began to move the blanket over me, and then kissed my cheek. I kissed the top of her head on return. She moved in closer to me, her head falling into my chest.

I moved my eyes back to the screen, suddenly the TV screen went black, along with any other lights in the trailer. I heard the AC shut off also.

" Shit," I spoke up over the loud thunder, " The power's out." I stated the obvious, Ariel nodded. "Yeah, shit." She sighed, and then jumped once again from the thunder.

" I'll go find a candle or something-" I said as I began to stand, " Wait for me." She replied urgently, she quickly stood up and got closer to me.

" Okay, okay— wait, Ariel, are you scared of the dark?" She looked up at me, I could barely see her face from the faint light coming from the windows.

" No! That's so— that's so childish, why the hell would I be scared of the dark?" A small chuckle escaped my lips, " You are aren't you?" She looked down in embarrassment, " Fine. I am, but you better not tell anyone Eddie!" She admitted, raising her voice slightly.

" I won't, I promise." I pushed her hair behind her ears, and guided her down the hallway, to my room, I got my small candle on the nightstand, I crouched down to get the lighter from my jeans that I wore earlier.

I lit the candle and set the lighter beside it, "Now I can see that pretty face again." I muttered to her, seeing a smile creep onto her face.

Ariel laid down on me as I sat on the bed, her head on my chest, and arms wrapped around me, hugging my tightly. "What do we do now?" She whispered, " There isn't much to do, darling."

" I would teach you guitar but it's in the van, and it's still pouring outside and I don't—" She leaned off of me and-"

" Ooh— what book is this?!" She leaned over my lap to the very unorganized bookshelf that was by my bed, she pulled out a book, A Wrinkle in Time. I could never forget when Wayne brought home that book for me, he got a whole bunch of random books at a yard sale for only about $60.

-Ariella POV-
" Aw! Eddie I love this book!" I said with a smile, " You can read it if you'd like, I can barely remember half of it." I moved closer to Eddie, sitting back beside him.

" I wanna read it to you." I told Eddie, "Okay, do you mind if I lay on you?" He said just above a whisper, leaning his head on my shoulder, " Not at all." I replied and he moved down, resting his head on the right side of my chest, one of his arms secured around my waist.

I felt his muscles relax as I began to read the first chapter, his eyes read over the words on the page as I did. Looking up at me every few seconds.

When I looked down at him again, his eyes were closed, a tired expression on his face. He's probably really tired from his gig earlier. I leaned over and draped the quilted blanket that was on his bed, over him.

I whispered into his ear softly,
" I love you."