98) 𝓽𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓽𝓼

{next day, Wensday, school}

-Eddie POV-
" Eddie!" Ariel squealed as she ran up to me, I was making my way to the cafeteria, I was going to pick her up from her class, but she said she was walking with Chrissy.

" Hey, sweetheart." I said to her, " Eddie! I'm so excited!"
"Cheer tryouts are today!"
" Cheer tryouts are today!"

I said in sync with her, she's been saying the same thing to me after every class period.

Ariel then giggled and grabbed onto my arm as we walked into the busy hallway by the cafeteria.

" Ed, coach posted the results today," She started, " Did you make it?" I asked her, " I don't know. I'm too nervous to check. Can you check for me?" She asked as her  plain just gorgeous, blue eyes looked into mine.

" Sure, come on." I told her as began to walk up to the doors. Her delicate hands grabbing my arm and wrist.

She buried her head into my shoulder, " Eddie, is my name up there?" She asked, I felt excited for her as I read her name under the, ' Varsity' section.

" You gotta look." I told her, and opened her eyes, " But you said-" she interrupted her self with a gasp, and then a loud squeal, causing the few people left in the hallway to look over at us.

"Eddie! Eddie I made it! I made it, again!" She yelled loudly, I grabbed her and kissed her.

" I'm so proud of you!" I told her, " You are?" She asked, looking deeply into my eyes, like she's never been told that in her life. " Of course I'm proud of you!" I told her before I brought her into a hug, making sure that nobody saw.

" I'm gonna go tell everyone!" She said as she led me into the cafeteria and ran to the table Chrissy was sat at.

"So, Harrington made varsity volleyball?" Jeff asked, " You really need to ask?" I say, realizing she was running back up to the table where her, now our freshman friends sat.

"Lucas, Dustin! Wheeler! I made it!" She said to them, " Didn't she make it last year?" Gareth asked, " Just let her be happy for a minute. I love seeing her like that, sh-"

" Alright Munson." Gareth stopped me before I got carried away. " What's going on?" Jess said, walking over.

" Ariel made the volleyball team. If you couldn't tell from her squealing." Gareth then said sarcastically.

" Eddie!" Ariel then hugged me from behind, leaning down to reach me as I sat under her.

"I'm so proud of you! Sit down so you can eat." I told her. " I told Chrissy I sit with her," Ariel started, leaning the side of her head against mine, her arms still wrapped around my shoulders.

Then Jess sat down beside me. " Is it your first year playing?" Jess asked, Ariel looked over at Jess, " Actually Eds, I'll sit with you." She said, slight jealousy in her voice. She pulled a chair from the other table and sat beside me, moving her chair in between Jess and I, scooting it so close that we were almost sharing one.

" I'm so excited for cheer tryouts, you're still coming, right?" She asked me, "Eddie your coming to tryouts?" Jess asked, " Uh-yeah why?"