26) 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓫𝓫𝓲𝓽

- Ariella POV-
After Eddie cleaned up all my cuts, he gave the same t-shirt as he did last time I stayed, I started changing in front of him, he stared at me with a blank expression on his face. " What are you doing, doll?" His eyes scanned my body, I had already taken my shirt off, and I was almost done stripping off my shorts.

He gawked at my half naked body, I only had a light green lace set on. " You've seen it before, unless you're uncomfortable, I'm fine with it." I told him, slipping his shirt I loved to wear, over my head, not breaking eye contact with him.

" I'm fine with it too." He smirked at the sight of me in his Metallica shirt. He walked over to me, " You look good in green." He whispered, referring to my lace undergarments.

" Thank you." I whispered back before I gently kissed his cheek and walked over to his bed and plopped down on it. He sat down on the bed beside me, his face bright red.

I shifted, moving my head onto his lap, " Eds, you make my life so much better." He smiled, " You make my life so much better too, sweetheart."

I didn't think before saying what I said next, " I love you Eddie." I admitted the feelings, I always pushed far back deep inside of my mind.  The feelings I hadn't even understood up until this point.

I panicked, scared of coming off as creepy. "Like as a friend, a best friend, you- you know?" I tried to get out of the hole I was in, I ended up digging myself deeper. A good 3 to 4 feet deeper.

He looked down at me, he started playing with my hair, running his hands through it, flattening it down. I just realized, did I just friend zone him? Holy shit, I just friend zoned the guy I had sex with last week whom I'm currently laying on top of. I just need to shut up.

" I love you too, Ariel, even if it's just as friends." He said, I smiled, and he turned on the TV.
We were now watching a rerun of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'. I still had my head against his body, but i was now laying on his stomach. My body in between his legs. He seemed awfully quiet, usually when wed watch movies he'd be making commentary on the film, or we would be in some type of conversation. I turned my head to look at him and he was reading a book, that book being 'The Hobbit'.

I've never read it, but I heard it's a really good book. I've never really read any fantasy books, the only books I had were the ones Mom used to read to me when would influence me to read, Jane Austen books. I loved it when she used to read to me when I younger, before Dad started drinking again, and taking full control over her.

" Eddie?" I turned my body around to look at him, he moved the book away from his face, "What's up, pretty girl?" These pet names, I love them! I've heard them so many times I've gotten used to the butterflies that they give me, but it's always a new feeling.

-Eddie POV-
" Can you read to me?" Ariel's perfect shade of light blue eyes looked up into mine, looking over the different parts of my face. I chuckled softly, she was so cute sometimes, and so pretty, all the time.

"Sure darling, come up here." I felt a smile come to my face. She moved from in between my legs, and came and sat up beside me, a smile on her face. I gently pulled her into my chest, draping one of my arms around her shoulders and back, still holding the book.

" You're really happy." I commented, considering what happened to her prior of coming over here. I would've expected her so be more upset, but she was strong and she fought through it.

" You just make life better, Eddie. You're a good friend." She smiled up at me, and I kissed her forehead.

I started reading from the beginning of the book, she listened the whole time as I read.

" In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."

I read out the words on the page, I noticed her eyes looking back and forth, between me and the book. When I started reading the next sentence of the book, she nuzzled her face closer into my shoulder. I couldn't hold back my smile, I could feel the happiness in my voice as I read.

I looked down every few seconds to look at her, her eyes started to close even few minutes, falling asleep. By the time I was through the first chapter, she was asleep. I carefully moved the book onto the bedside table, In hopes to not wake her up. Her eyes opened for a sec, but she didn't fully wake up.

I played with her long curly hair, her hair was so pretty, and well taken care of. I started braided a few strands together, I wasn't entirely sure how to braid, but I think I did it right.

I held her close, the girl I loved as a ' friend', close. I wanted to love her more, I guess she's not ready for that yet, she's had boyfriends in the past, I guess I'm just not what she wants. We even did things, why isn't anything happening?

I just keep overwhelming myself when I think about her. It's simple, I'm just over-complicating it. I watched whatever movie was on the TV. I felt my eye lids fall.

I leaned to kiss her forehead again, I felt a kiss back, in the crook of the my neck.

" Goodnight, my love." I whispered in her ear, I felt her smile against me,

" Goodnight Eds."

-Ariella POV- next morning, 8:16 am

I woke up on my back, with Ed laying on top of me, his arms tightly wrapped around me, his face in my neck, I could feel his snores against my neck. I giggled from the ticklish feeling his snoring gave.

I wanted to make him breakfast, since he made for me last time I stayed. I tried to move out from under him, he's so damn heavy!
I successfully slipped halfway out from him, then he rolled over, pulling me with him, I was now facing him, my face now in his chest.

I pulled away from him, he tried pulled me back, waking up in the process.

"Where are you going, darling?" His voice was raspy, from just waking up, he sounded kinda hot, like really, really, kinda hot.

" I'm going to make you food, I'll wake you up when it's done, okay?" I tried to escape him, he pulled me closer.

" Just five more minutes?" He pouted, " You don't have to get up Ed, I'll wake you when it's done." I played with his chestnut colored wavy hair.

" No. I want five more minutes with you-! Please." I felt those familiar, old-feeling, butterflies.

With other guys, after about a month, the feeling gets tiring and boring; But with Eddie, the feeling never gets old, it's always new, I always find myself thinking the same thing.

" Okay." I told him and he plopped on top of me again, his muscles relaxed. Feeling bold I kissed the top of his head, I felt his face heat up on my neck. He whispered in a flustered voice, :

" Thank you, babe."