68) 𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓼

{The next day, 2:30 pm}

-Eddie POV-
" Hey, Eddie!" Ariel called as she swung her racket to hit the tennis ball that Billy tossed at her. She ran over both sides of the concrete basketball court on the side of her house.

" Jess? Right?" She stopped to ask and Billy hit the ball at her anyway, flying right by her face. She flipped Billy the bird and walked over to us.

" Yeah, you're—?" Jess asked, " Ariella, And that's Billy." She answered, pointing to Billy before she adjusted her tennis skirt. It fit perfectly around her hips. And the small slit on the right thigh.

"Like what you see?" She whispered in my ear before reaching for the foam cooler that was on the table. " There's drinks in here if you guys want one. Steve insisted that we have it out here. I passed out once, once—" She trailed off.

" Anyways, nice to meet you Jess." She said while walking off, she tossed a bottle of water to Billy. I noticed as she kept missing the balls that Billy served to her.

"I think I need help." She called to Billy, he smirked and walked over to her, " Hey Munson, mind tossing the balls?" When I looked back over, one of his hands were on her waist, the other over hers holding her racket.

What the hell? This isn't fucking ' tennis practice with Billy' this is fucking Billy needs some girl to fuck today. Billy spoke words I couldn't hear in her ear, while he moved her arm and her body.

" Eddie?" Ariel called to me, waiting for me to get up and toss the tennis ball to them. I got up and tossed it lazily not knowing where it would go.

He moved her body towards the left and adjusted her arm. "Good." I heard Billy say to her, I could almost hear the stupid ass smirk he had on his face.

After a few more balls, Billy's grip was still tight on Ariel his arm still around her waist.

" You did good, I still want you to work on that backhand, though." He said in her ear, Ariel hugged Billy, her arms wrapping around his neck. " Bye, Billy." Ariel cooed, staring at him like she head over heels.

She's doing this on purpose, you know I can play that game too.

" So Ariel, still coming to the arcade?" I asked, " Yeah, let me go put my racket inside then we can go. "

-a few minutes later, in Eddie's van-
"I thought you said I could ride shotgun?" Ariel asked, looking over at Jess who sat beside me in the passenger seat. " Oh- did I? Sorry." I told her.

"Are you two dating?" Jess asked abruptly, " Sort o-" Ariel began, " No, we're not. Ariel and I are just friends." I answered, if her and Billy are just friends, then so are we. I bet she fucks him behind my back.

"Oh! Are you dating that guy you were playing tennis with?" Jess asked, Ariel shook her head, " Do you have a girlfriend, Eddie?" I looked over at Ariel, she was glaring at me like a hawk.

" No, I'm single. " Ariel reacted silently, I saw her jaw drop in the mirror. She slouched in her seat as I turned into the arcade parking lot.

" Do you hook up with anyone?" Jess continued, "No, It's not really my thing?"

-Ariella POV-
If Eddie is fucking single, and he doesn't hook up, what the fucking hell am I?

Yeah, you had sex with me last week, yeah just friends, ' You're so beautiful', ' I love you', always coming to see me at work, coming over to my damn house, fuck, buying flowers.

The touching, the pet names, the compliments. When he holds my hand, kisses me, holds me.

When we kissed for the first time by my pool! And then it's just, 'Oh, yeah, man. We're just friends. And I don't like her like that. And I've been fucking avoiding her ass even though I invited her to hangout with me!'

" Ariel, we're here." Eddie stated, is started for a second, looking into those pretty brown eyes.

I got out as he and Jess did. I tried to grab Eddie's hand, but he walked away too fast before I could. Am I losing him?

"Eddie?" I walked in between him and Jess, because before I was behind them. "Yeah?" He asked. I felt my heart crack.

I stuck my hand by his where he could see it. "What?" He asked looking down at my hand as we continued to walk. I shook my head, and looked down. Stopping for a sec so they could walk ahead of me.

I walked on the other side of Jess. She's nice, from how things are just today, I'm starting to think he's gonna be her boyfriend in August when school starts, not mine.

I heard them start to talk about D&D. I wanted to join in, but I know absolutely nothing about D&D. I played once or twice with Will, Dustin, Mike, and Lucas. But that was in like '83, or '84.

My heart was scarred with another small crack.
I felt that same lump in my throat, and the tightness in my chest.

I followed them around the arcade; I'm not very good at this either. Dustin tried to teach me, but it didn't help.

I stared as they played one of the arcade game, " It might help if you try this.." Eddie moved the joy stick, while Jess was holding it at the same time.

I felt my self get more jealous, I felt my tears sting on my waterline. They burned my eyes. I angrily started to walk away to go the bathroom, " Ariel, where are you going?" Ariel?

I turned around, " To get a drink." I lied. " Are you okay?" Jess asked, " Yeah, I'm okay." I lied again. Why does she have to be so tall, and her eyes are so dark and pretty, and she's so nice! Everything I'm not.

"Ariel, come here a second." Eddie waved me on and stepped away from Jess.

" You're not okay." Wow, news flash. " Thanks for actually acknowledging my existence." I mumbled sarcastically. Feeling my heart crack another time, as my face heated.

" What? What do you mean?" He asked, he had that look on his face, I couldn't tell if he was lying or being genuine.

"You haven't talked to me the whole time we've been here." I tried to say loudly, but it came out as barely a whisper.

" Say it again, I didn't hear what you said." Eddie said cluelessly, but he still had that damn look on his face.

" Oh! Never mind Eddie!" I quickly walked away before I end up getting us kicked out.

I went to the small counter at the front of the arcade. " Rough day?" The employee asked, the voice sounded familiar but I couldn't place a name on it.

" Yeah. I don't even wanna be here. How about you?" I asked as I slid money over the counter and filled my cup.

" Not too bad, thanks for asking. Have a good day." He told me, I went back to Eddie and Jess.

" Where the hell did you go? You just left?" Eddie says, " To get a drink like I said." I stared blankly. "I wouldn't still be here if you weren't my ride home." I muttered. Eddie heard and he he started at me.

" Mad because Billy couldn't teach you some stuff in bed also?" He whispered in my ear, I could hear the slight cockiness in his voice.

" Hey, Eddie. Mind if we go somewhere else? Seems like Ariel hasn't been having much fun here?" Jess smiled at me.

" Yeah, let's go. I'll take you home Ariel."