64) 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝔀𝓮 𝓫𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮?

{The next morning, July 10, 1985}

-Ariella POV-
I woke up with Eddie still laying on top of me, the lamp on his bedside table was on, and I could hear the AC running quietly, meaning the power was back on.

I looked back down at Eddie as he continued to sleep peacefully, I could tell he was dreaming at his grip tightened, and his facial expressions changed in his sleep.

I started to feel a little anxious as his grip tightened more, I shouldn't be anxious, anxious of what anyway?

I thought of Nathan, he was always so possessive of me, he would never let me go. I tried my best to clear my mind of him immediately, not wanting one thought of my ex-boyfriend in my mind.

I played with Eddie's hair to calm myself, running my fingers softly through his beautiful waves.

I love him, so much. I then found myself thinking, what's next? What's after this 'friends with benefits' thing? Well sometimes, it's not even that. One day we act like we've been dating for 6 months, the next, it's platonic.
Could we be more?

I felt Ed shift slightly, his eyes opening and looking at me. " How long was I asleep for?" He muttered against my skin in a tired tone.

" All night, it's morning, Ed." I replied to him, continuing to play with his hair, " Oh." He said softly, chuckling at himself , and then looking up at me. " It's too early~." Eddie groaned, leaning his head back into my shoulder.

" It's 9:00, Eddie. That's not even close to early. Volleyball practice last year started at 6:00 AM." I told him,suddenly having the urge to hug him closer.

"You're gorgeous, you know that?" He said, kissing my jaw softly, "You're the pretty one." I said as I kissed his temple.

Eddie continued to talk but I couldn't hear what he said over the ringing of the phone from the kitchen.

" Maybe you should get that." I suggested, he dramatically groaned, and dragged himself off of me, " Who the fuck is calling this early, fuckin-" He rambled as he walked down the hall.

" Baby, it's for you!" He called down the hallway, I smiled at the pet name and walked down the short hall to the open kitchen. I took the phone receiver from Eddie and held it to my ear.

I could see Eddie's smirk from the corner of my eye, " Hey, Ariel," Billy Hargrove's voice could be heard from the other end. " Oh hey, Billy. What's up?"

" Maxine and her friend, said you were taking them to the mall. They're on the way to your house, If your busy, I can drive them, I don't want those brats up your ass."

" Oh, no I'm- I'm not busy. I'll come get Max and El. I just had to get something from a friend's house. Steve will let them in if I'm not there when they get there. Bye Billy." The last thing I heard was " See you later."

" What did Hargrove want?" Eddie asked, acting like he didn't just listen to the whole thing. " I forgot I told Max and El, I would take them to the mall. I'm sorry, I can't ditch them."

" Oh okay, that's cool." Eddie smiled softly, " Thanks Eddie. Tonight I'm yours, I promise." I unintentionally made that sound really dirty. I decided to say more, " I don't have practice tomorrow, Steve is going on a date tonight, we have plenty of time and space for a little fun. The whole house, just us, alone."

I ran my hands down his chest, his face changed color, but he still played along. "Oh really? Is that what you want? Was last time not enough for you? I have to make you get what you deserve this time." Eddie's hands held my hips, one of them grabbed my chin, and moved my head to look up at him.

" You know you should go so you'll have time to get ready." I gasped, " Oh yeah!" I went back to his room to get my stuff.

"Bye Eddie." I whispered in his ear before kissing his cheek, as I walked towards the door, Eddie pulled me back towards him, his hands finding my waist. He tilted me backwards slightly, he then kissed my lips, he melted into it as he kissed me a few more times. The kissed were slow and mesmerizing.

" Bye, sweetheart." He whispered with a smirk, I felt the heat on my face. I haven't been kissed like that in a while, so long, so passionate, but also so short. Too good to put in words." See you later." He said as I walked out. I cant wait for tonight.

{1 hour later, the mall}
" Did you guys eat yet?" I asked Max and El, " No." El said, " Me either." The girls smiled as we walked towards the food court, " How was cheerleading yesterday?" El asked, I knew that she had a small interest in cheer, Mike is lame and won't let her try anything.

" It was good, I can show you the new cheer we learned if you want?" El's smile grew, " I'd like that, Ariel." Max abruptly said, " Ew, he looks like Billy." Max pointed to a random guy, " Max don't point. I think he goes to my school."

" Anyways, Ariel, I don't know if I told you, but Dustin has girlfriend!" Max began, " Her name is Suzy or something, apparently she's more pretty than Phoebe Cates."

" Dustin? Has a girlfriend? I missed like a whole chapter!" I exclaimed as we got in line for pizza. "Because you've been with that Eddie guy." El said, "How did you know? Did Steve tell you? It couldn't have been Steve,"

" Billy told me you were dating this guy named Eddie, that he knows, he said he went to school with him." Max said with a shrug.

" Well, I'm not dating him. We're just friends, I don't know where Billy got that from but, he's wrong." I don't know why I suddenly felt like I had to his my relationship with Eddie from them, why do I feel like this?

" Friends that happy scream." El said, " El! Shh! I told you not to tell her that!" I was surprised that El knew that, but she's old enough to. " I don't happy scream with Eddie either. " I felt heat raise to my neck, I tried to brush it off.

" So El, you wanna find some more shoes or something today?" I asked the girl, I wanted her to find more stuff that she likes, more clothes other than Mikes and some of my old ones. " Yeah, I'm really excited, I really liked the clothes I got last time. I also really like your shoes, do they have them here?"

I smiled at her, " They should, and if they don't you can wear them anytime."

" Ariel, are you sure you're not dating Eddie? I saw you guys a few times, you seem really touchy, and you were kissing in your pool—" Max said before I interrupted her, " You never saw us kiss." Was all I managed to say.

I found myself thinking about Eddie nonstop, the girls were talking about going roller skating. We then ordered our food and sat down. I kept thinking about what was going to happen tonight, thinking about Eddie.

I'm daydreaming, I didn't even realize until Max asked if I was alright. I couldn't stop thinking about that curious question.

Could we be more?