56) " 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰!"

{next morning, July 5th, 8:09 am}

-Eddie POV-
I woke up to Ariel laying beside me, I smiled down at her, she can be so cute sometimes. I moved her hair out of her face and softly kissed her forehead.

I really want to change, these jeans from yesterday are really staring to get uncomfortable. I stood up, and before I could walk to my room, I felt a hand on my wrist.

" Eddie?" I heard the sweet sound of Ariel's voice call out. I turned to face her, " Are you leaving?" She mumbled in a tried voice, " No sweetheart, I'm just changing. I'll be right back."

She nodded before closing her eyes again. I made my way into my room before kicking my jeans off and changing my shirt in case Wayne gets home.

When I walked back into the living room to see Ariel curled into a fetal position with the blanket pulled up to her nose. She woke up when I started playing with her hair. She scooted over on the couch, her body pressed against the back of it.

" Hi." She muttered as I laid back down beside her, "Hey beautiful." She playfully rolled her eyes at my response, "How disrespectful." I pretended to be offended. She giggled before moving closer to me.

" I'm sorry." She told me before leaning into me. "Sleep with me." She added, " Darling, I already have. That must've been the best sex y-" She interrupted me, saying: " Eddie! You know what I mean!" I laughed at her reaction.

" Okay." I cooed into her ear, she moved the blanket over me, " Thank you, doll." I said after I kissed her forehead. She set her head on my chest, placing a small kiss on my neck. " I love you, Eds." She whispered into my neck, "I love you, more." I replied and she sat up.

" You do?" Those familiar, pretty blue eyes looked into mine, " I- yeah, I do." I nervously smiled, she grabbed my hand, "Nobody's ever said that to me before. You're really sweet Eddie, that's why I love you."

Ariel threw her arms around me, hugging me tightly, "I love you so much!" She cooed into my ear, " I love you too, baby." I grabbed her waist candy pulled her closer, closing the gap.

I sat up as she pulled away, " Want something to eat?" I asked, getting a nod in reply,  I got up and she mimicked my actions.

" Eddie." Ariel cooed from behind me, I turned around and her delicate hands grabbed my face and her lips attached to mine.

" That's all I wanted." She stated with a smile before walking away to the kitchen. I followed and wrapped my arms around her waist, " I'm not done with you yet." I whispered in her ear, kissing down her neck and jawline. She turned around while I held her, she again kissed my lips. Our lips passionately moving in tandem.

She pulled away, " You know what would be really good right now?" She asked whilst walking to the fridge, she opened the freezer. She gasped dramatically, " You do have them!" She pulled out a box of Strawberry Eggo Waffles.

" I haven't had these in years! Can I have one?" She questioned, I chuckled at her excitement. " Of course you can!" She smiled and took one and out it into the toaster.

" You can have the whole box if you want, I don't eat them." I smiled down at her, getting a smile back. So beautiful. " I would but if my parents come back unexpectedly, which they always do, Mom will lose her shit. She lost her shit when you bought me those snacks. If it's not pure protein or vegetables, we're not allowed to eat it. Or at least I'm not allowed too. Steve can because 'he's a boy, boys can eat more,' apparently. She wants me to be absolutely perfect."

" You are absolutely perfect." I pushed one of her long curls behind her ear, " Thank you, Eddie. Clearly not perfect enough." Ariel mumbled sarcastically. She jumped when the waffle popped out of the toaster.

" Sorry to make you listen to my shitty problems. How is your day?" We shared a laugh, " Good so far. A really pretty girl kissed me. How about you?" Her grin grew bigger at my compliment. " It's not too bad, I stayed the night with this guy, he's so goddamn pretty. He's prettier than all of the members of Mötley Crüe combined! You might know him, he's so gorgeous you couldn't miss him!"

I felt my face flush, "You're cute when you're flustered." She whispered before taking a bite of her waffle, I remember her saying that when we swam together.

I picked her up and set her on the counter, I kissed down her neck until her skin got warm. " So are you." I pulled away and stood in between her legs. "How'd you sleep?" I begun to play with her hair, " Well- it was good, but I just keep having the same nightmare. I thought they were gone." I nodded, "Wait, didn't you say you didn't remember them?"

" Eddie, I lied to you when I said that. I'm sorry, I just don't want to tell anyone about it because it's stupid, it's really fuckin' stupid." I shook my head at her words, " Darling, it's not stupid, if you're losing sleep over it. Are they that bad that you-"

" Eddie, it's not about the dumbass nightmares, it's about the same person that's in them. I hate to admit it, but I'm scared of them."

" Do you want to tell me who it is? It's okay if you don't want to talk about it." I told Ariel, looking into her eyes as I waited for a response.

"It's Nathan." She answered, avoiding eye contact with me, "If I tried to get out of seeing him he would ask everyone where I was and try to find me. He wouldn't stop until he found me. And he would bring his anger out on me. He cheated on me so many times, after the first time he did, I confronted him and that's when he started to hit me. I-" She rambled, before I could ask questions she continued.

I noticed as she started to get emotional, "Sorry, I know this isn't- I'm sorry I just keep complaining about my bullshit. I'm sorry, Eddie. Do you wanna watch a movie or something?" She anxiously started playing with her hair, instantly changing the subject.

-Ariella POV-
"Sweetheart, did he really do that to you? That's why you're so skittish, because you're— I'm gonna find that asshole and-" Eddie's voice got louder and more angry as he spoke.

" Eddie, no! It's fine! It's over, just pretend I didn't say that, it wasn't that bad I promise, really!" He shook his head, " No, Ariel that's not okay, really you-"

" Eddie, you didn't hear me say shit, don't tell anyone, if you do it will not end well. Please don't tell anyone, especially Steve! You heard nothing! " I felt tears sting my eyes as I shouted at Eddie, " Hey, hey, I won't okay, I won't say anything to anyone." Eddie pushed my hair away from my face.

" I won't say anything, I promise, does Steve know about this?" He questioned me, speaking just above a whisper.

" I can't tell Steve, it's too much for Steve to know. If he knew the whole story it wouldn't end well. Same with Billy, I told him some of it, but Chrissy is the only one that knows it all."

"I want to tell you, but I don't want our whole relationship revolving around my drama."