97) 𝓼𝓹𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰

{continued from last chapter}

-Ariella POV-
"Oh. Jess." Jason says in response, "What do you mean 'oh.' I haven't told you about her."

" Chrissy has." He says and I start to walk over to them."Come on let's go see what they do when I'm not around." Jason snickers and follows after me.

We walked over by the fitting rooms, standing behind the corner so that we could see them and they couldn't see us.

"I can't hear what they're saying," Jason said loudly in my ear from hovering over my shoulder. "You are so loud." I said, trying to hold back my laughter. " Sorry, I really can't hear what they're saying. Can you?"

" No. That means we have to get closer," I said as I began to slowly walk closer to them, I leaned against a pillar so that they couldn't see me from where they were standing.

" Why doesn't she like me? Did I say something that she didn't like?" I heard Jess ask Eddie.

" She does like you. She just has a different way of showing it. Ariel is different. She-she's not used to me being with other girls. I'm not friends either many girls."

" You mean she's jealous?" I heard Jess say, " No, I- I wouldn't say jealous-" Eddie started but Jess then interrupted him. "What is there for her to jealous of? Shes just your type."

" My type?" Eddie questioned, " Yeah. Like the stuff you find attractive. She's an athlete, she has long hair, blue eyes, she's a cheerleader. " Jess stated to Eddie's

Why are they at the mall together anyway. " I don't like her because of those things. I like her because she's a good friend, s-she has respect for me." Eddie stuttered, "Have you ever slept with her? You guys are really close, and I've seen you kiss her."

" I- Yeah." He admits, " But that's personal, and I don't know if she wants me to tell everyone about it."

" Oh right, sorry. I'm nosy." She fake giggles and then turns around, I watched as Eddie turns around also and they start to look at a t-shirt." I have that shirt, but I think Ariel has it."

"Shit." I mumbled as they begun to walk towards the pillar I was standing behind.

"Eddie, isn't that her right there?" I cursed under my breath as I ran back over to Jason by the fitting rooms.

" Shit! Jason they saw me!" I said to him, " Okay! Then just go out there!" Jason told me, " No!"

" Come on, Ariel." He says "No I can't!"

" Get out there!" Jason says, grabbing my shoulders to make me walk in front of him. " Uh-" I stammered as I saw Eddie and Jess both staring at me like I was crazy.

" Hey- what are you up to?" Eddie asks me before looking up as Jason. " Shopping for Steve. That's it, I didn't do anything else, and I don't plan on it."

" Ariel!" Jason scolded, " She's- she's been a little awkward lately, she's nervous about- about volleyball tryouts." Jason lied, that's why he's one of my best friends.

" Oh- okay." Eddie says, " Eddie, why are you here with Jess?" I found myself asking as the jealousy flooded in.

" Oh, I thought that it would be nice to go to the mall together. Since I don't really know anyone yet." Jess answered for him.

"Eddie!" I say, expecting him to say something, "What!" He jokes playfully, "I need to talk to you." I told him in a hushed tone.

I told him, "Okay, what is it?" He said aloud, a, "Why are you getting so close with her?" I whispered to him, " Cl-" he started to say loudly but I hit his chest to signal for him to not say it in front of Jess. They already talk about me, why make it worse?!

" Close with her?" He asked, " Don't play dumb! You haven't... never mind sorry, it's silly." I told him as I backed away.

I realized how dumb I was being. I was going to tell him that he hasn't even tried to kiss me or even touch me. He held my hand for like 2 minutes. This is silly.

I felt my heart sting as I walked away from him, "Wait, Ariel. Did I do something to upset you?" He asked and I shook my head.

" No. sorry it got kinda awkward. Bye Jess." I only said bye to Jess to give Eddie a sign.

It hurt that they were talking about me, they weren't saying anything bad. But what if they do, or did before?

"You were making it so obvious, you could've played that off." Jason says, " Jason, they were talking shit about me." I stated as I walked out of JCPenney and to the shoe store next door, I think I will get Steve new shoes.

"They were? I thought you guys had a thing going on? Like a sexual thing. And I've seen the way he acts around you. Why would he talk about you? What did he say?"

"Jess thinks I don't like her. They both think I'm jealous." I explain as we make our way towards the Nike section.

"Are you jealous?" Jason asks me, standing in front of me, " No." I said as I tried to walk around him to avoid the question.

" Be honest. You are. You're avoiding the question." Jason says as he steps in front of me again.

" You're so annoying." I told my male friend as I leaned against the shelf. " I might be annoying. But I'm right."

" He's barely paid any attention to me all day." I explained aggravated, " He held my hand for barely two minutes, that's it. He hasn't even kissed me, or tried to kiss me."

" There it is. Have you told him that? Don't be confusing, he probably doesn't even know."

" Don't be confusing?" I asked, finding myself laughing again at Jason's words, " Yeah, like you can't get mad at something we don't even know that we're doing."

"But here's the thing, what if he does know? I mean they were talking about me, they didn't say anything else than I was jealous but what if they did before?"

"You worry, a lot. Just talk it out, alright? So, how 'bout those shoes for your brother?"

-Eddie POV-
" That was really strange, do you think she was watching us? I don't know her that well, but she seemed really awkward." Jess said to me, her hand on my arm.

I reluctantly pulled my arm away, uncomfortable with the touch she was giving me. " She could've been, but that doesn't seem like her. I know she might seem a little jealous, but she's not. She just doesn't know you yet." I explained to Jess, even though I knew that she was 'spying' on us, and I know she's jealous, even if it's just a little bit.

" If you guys aren't dating and she's not your type, what is?"  Jess asked me, I froze.

"I don't have a type. I like her for who she is-" I said before Jess then interrupted me.

"Have you ever thought of dating other people?"