88) 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪 𝓷𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮

{continued from last chapter}

-Ariella POV-
"You said you wanted to talk to me?" I asked Patrick with a smile, " Yeah, here. I got this for you while I was in Oregon. We were out on your birthday and I felt bad not getting you anything. " Patrick handed me a small Zales Jewelry bag.

"Since I couldn't come to your party or anything, and we haven't been able to hang out all summer, hopefully this can make up for it?" He smiled down at me and I gently pulled the small box from inside of the bag.

I opened the small box to see a beautiful silver necklace with an amethyst pendant on it. Above it were a pair of matching stud earrings.
It had to be expensive. But Patrick's rich, is this how they but gifts for friends in his family. The only money I spend like that is on Chrissy. It just had to be expensive. Hopefully no more than $50?

I stated at the jewelry in awe. How did he know that was my favorite stone?

" Patrick! I love it. How did you know that was my favorite stone? Oh but it had it to be expensive, you can't be spending this kind of money on me!" I scolded. I felt butterflies. Butterflies. I like Patrick. Like, like, Patrick. Does he like, like, me?

But I love Eddie. But he might like Jess. Oh I don't know.

" Well you always wear that one necklace with the same stone on. I figured you'd liked it." He said to me, looking down at me.

" Thank you so much. I love it." I set the box on the hood of Jason's jeep and leaned in to hug Patrick. That's so sweet of him.

" You're so sweet, Patrick." I told him as I started to put in the earrings. I then pulled the necklace out from the box and Patrick gently took it from my hands and stepped behind me and put it on around my neck.

"Your hair looks nice straightened." Patrick commented and I turned around with a smile, " At least you noticed. Not even Steve said anything!"

" 'Ella! Hurry up!" Steve called from the car, waiting on me so we could go get lunch.

I sighed and turned about to face Patrick. I took the box the necklace came in and set it Inside of the bag and then picked it up.

"Anyways I gotta go. I'll see you at Jason's later tonight!" I shouted as I ran to my brother's BMW.

I slid into the backseat beside Eddie. And he just looked at me.

" I know you're mad, I-" Robin interrupted me before I could finish, " Ari! It's from Zales! That one jewelry store at the mall?" Robin said, I then realized she probably watched the whole thing.

" Oh- yeah it is." I told her and Eddie then leaned closer, " What is?" He asked, " Oh, Patrick just gave a necklace. It's from my birthday. " I explained to Eddie.

Robin then turned on the radio and her and Steve started to engage in their own conversation. Eddie was giving me silent treatment.

" Eddie.." I cooed, moving into the 'middle seat' to sit beside him. I grabbed his hand softly. And he pulled it away, trying not to laugh.

" Come on, you know you're not really mad!" I told him, "I am a little. That's not who you are Ariel." He explained, " I-I'm sorry. I was just jealous okay? You've been with me all summer, touching me, kissing me, you know. And she was just touching you. Is it bad to feel like I should be the only one touching you like that?"

" No, I guess I kinda feel like I'm the only one that should be buying you gifts like that. But I didn't say a damn thing." Eddie mumbled.

" Eddie, it's not like that. At all. He just gave me birthday gift." I told him " He wasn't trying to basically feel me up." I snapped at him, we then started to whisper fight at each other.

" I saw the way you were looking at him, and the way you hugged him, like you wanted to get real close with him. He's just trying to get into your pants! He just wants to sleep with you!" Eddie whispered, " Eddie Munson! You take that bullshit back. What do you mean 'the way I was looking at him'? I have known Patrick since the 7th grade! He is not trying to sleep with me. You're just mad because not all of my attention was on you all the time!" I whispered back aggressively.

I couldn't help but start to stare into his eyes, I haven't really gotten to look at him since this morning.

" Oh, sweetheart, you know you can't stop thinking about me. Say what you want to, but the way that you're staring at me right now, tells a different story." man, those butterflies.

I looked away in embarrassment, but Eddie softly grabbed my chin and turned my head to face him. " Why are we arguing over something so ridiculous?" He whispered, not giving me a chance to answer before softly kissing my lips with his warm, plump ones.

Eddie then started to move me closer to him, " Hey! No! Not in my car!" Steve shouted and I embarrassingly moved myself away from Eddie. The sound of Van Halen filling my fuzzy mind from the radio.

I found myself staring at Eddie again. He's just so pretty. " Eddie, Jason's having a party tonight, will you come with me? You can bring your friends too. There's gonna so many people there he probably won't even notice. Please?" I asked in one breath.

He chuckled lowly, " Yes, of course I'll come with you. I'll see if Jeff and Gareth wanna come along. " He then traced his fingertips on my thigh and against the skirt of my cheer uniform.

"My Pretty girl." He whispered against my ear, his breath warming my neck. " My?" I questioned, " What?" He said, the movement of his fingertips stopping.

" You said- never mind I think I just misheard." I told him, leaning my head into his shoulder.

"I don't know what to wear over my swimsuit." I whispered to him, "Show me what you have, though you'd look good in anything." He whispered as Steve parked in the In-N-Out parking lot.

"I'm thinking about wearing this beach dress I bought a few weeks ago. I could wear it over?" I suggested to Eddie and he again let out a small chuckle and wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked into the restaurant.

"Again, what did I say Steve, sexual tension." Robin 'whispered' Steve pulled a disgusting facial expression, " Robin, can we talk about anything else?" Steve said aloud causing me to laugh.

I found myself fidgeting with the necklace Patrick gave me. Robin noticed and turned to me, " So, what exactly are you and Patrick McKinney?" Robin asked me as Eddie was talking to Steve.

" Friends, Robin." She shook her head, " Okay.. what are you and Eddie?" She pushed, "Friends?" She raised her brows at me, "What are you and Vicki?"

" Steve already told you. I know he did." I nodded my head playfully, " Sounds like a very nice relationship." I teased.

"At least I know where I stand with her. We're friends, not ' friends?' "