40) "-𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓭𝓸 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽."

-Eddie POV-
"What!?" I yelled back at Ariel, " I didn't call you a whore!" I told her defensively, " Yes you did! You told Billy to come back and add me to his list like I am one. Is that what you really think?" She shouted, I've never seen her this pissed about something so small, I was about to apologize and stop arguing with her before she kept going. "You know Eddie, just because I'm not a virgin and I've dated people doesn't make me a whore!" She raised her voice louder. " I don't think you're a whore! I was talking about Billy Hargrove." I replied,

" That reminds me, why the hell do you care so much why I hang out with him? I get it, he can be a pain in the ass, but he's a good person! You keep talking all this shit about how he'll try to get me to sleep with him, but you don't know him at all!" Her voice strained as she continued to yell.

" Ariel, how do you not see it, he fucks every girl in his sight. I'm just trying to look out for you! I don't want you to get raped or some shit!" I told her, " You said that earlier but it's more than just that Eddie! You only say shit about Billy!"

"Why is it only Billy? Nobody else!" She yelled." I sighed and rubbed my forehead, I was done arguing and she was still going. " What do you mean?" I asked her, annoyed. " I'm just trying to make sure you're safe and you're staring a fucking argument out of it you're upset because I'm right and you don't want to fucking admit it!" I shouted toward her.

" I started this bullshit? It's you because you were talking shit to Billy for no reason!" She yelled.  I just stopped arguing with her, noticing as she got more pissed off. I've never seen her this mad before, actually I've never really seen her mad.

I walked over to her and stood across from her at the island. I tried to apologize again but she had other plans. " You know, I can hang out with Billy as much as I want." Now she's being a smart ass?

" I know that, but Billy is dangerous, and-" She cut me off, " Listen Eddie, I'll hang out with whoever I want, whenever I want, and there's nothing you can do about it. You don't control me."

She leaned against the counter, her glare shooting daggers at me. She walked around the counter I felt guilty for upsetting her. As I thought about her words, I realized she was right;I was the one that started the argument.

" Ariel-" I grabbed her waist gently before she could walk past me, she angrily ripped my hands off of her, " Fuck off, Eddie." She walked a few feet away, I placed a hand on her shoulder, " Babe please— I'm sorry. Baby." She turned around she pushed my hand off. She then walked away from me and making her way up the stairs and into her room. I was hesitant to whether I should follow her or not, so I just gave her space, not wanting to make her more angry at me. I felt so bad for making her feel that way, just because I wanted to say shit to Hargrove.

I passed about 15 minutes just scrolling through TV, watching whatever I could find. I couldn't take it anymore, I had to talk to her. I got up from the couch and slowly walked up the stairs. As I made my way to her bedroom, I noticed that the door was open, Ariel was laying on the bed on her back with a stuffed animal of a green bunny in her arms. I tenderly knocked on the doorframe, she looked up and then flipped over, her back facing me.

I walked into the middle of her room, standing about a foot from the bed. " Still mad at me?" I asked, getting no answer, Silent treatment, huh? I sat on the edge of the bed, I started playing with her hair, running my hands through each curl. I was about to speak before she scooted away from me to the other side of the bed.

"I'm sorry, Ari." I called her one of her nicknames that her friends frequently call her, thinking if anything to make her crack. All I got out of her was a quiet hum. "You can't stay mad at me forever, angel." I told her, " Yes I can." She muttered stubbornly, hugging the green bunny closer to her chest.

I felt a soft laugh slip out as I looked at Ariel. She's so cute.I then started running my hands through her soft hair again, " I'm sorry I yelled at you." I cooed as I moved closer, still running my fingers through her long curls. She moved farther away, now laying on the edge of the bed.

" Now you're acting ridiculous, sweetheart." I told her in a calm tone. " You want me to forgive you, then you just keep talking shit." She said quietly, " I'm not talking shit, my love. I just want you to talk to me. I hate not hearing your pretty voice." I leaned down to place a kiss on her ear.

" I'm really sorry." She shook her head at my words, " Okay. When you want to talk to me I'll be downstairs." I ran my fingers through her hair before I left the room. I wanted her to forgive me, but I didn't want to piss her off more because I won't leave her alone. She'll come back around.

I continued to watch TV before I heard footsteps down the stairs. I looked up to see Ariel walking towards the couch. She sat down quietly. " Why'd you leave?" She mumbled to me," I figured you'd want me to leave you alone." I explained to her, referring to her prior behavior.

She shook her head, I'm so confused? She then reached over and hugged me, I then noticed she still had the bunny. " Are you not mad at me anymore?" I asked her as I wrapped my arms around her back and shoulders. " I'm not mad. I'm sorry I starting arguing with you, I just took what you said the wrong way, and it hurt my feelings."

" I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have yelled at you." I kissed her head, " Do you forgive me?" She asked, " Only if you forgive me." I replied. " I do." She said as she let go of hugging me.

" I did overreact a little, I just thought that you were calling me a whore to my face, it hurt because it's kind of true." She rested her head on my chest. " It's not true, you're not a whore, Ariel." " But I am. I've dated so many people and done so many things, I'm basically a whore."

I shushed her soothingly, " Don't lie to yourself, baby." I cooed in her ear. She got closer to me and I smiled, I took the stuffed bunny out of her hands. " What's its name?" I asked as I hugged her tighter, " Peridot." She replied, " Peridot?"

" Yeah, like the stone. Steve gave it to me when we were younger, and Peridot is his birthstone, that's where I got the name from. I think that's the first thing I remember Steve giving to me when we were kids, that's why it's so special to me." I watched as her expressions changed as she spoke.

"Eds."