15) 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓾𝓽𝓼

{one week later, June 7, 1985}

-Ariella POV-
Prince was blasting in my car as I drove over to Eddie's, It wasn't planned for us to hang out today, and I felt a little bad for not asking him to make sure he wasn't busy, make sure that he's even home, but I had already driven to Forest Hills, oops. I can't stop myself from wanting to see him.

I hummed along with the catchy lyrics of '1999', knowing that it will most likely be stuck in my head later.

Two thousand- zero-zero,
party over
Oops out of time
We're runnin' outta time
(Tonight I'm gonna)
So tonight we gonna
( Party like it's 1999)

This is going to be in my head for days, I parked close to Eddie's trailer, and went to knock on his door. Instead of the beautiful Eddie Munson that I was looking for, An older looking man opened the door to me. He looked to be in his late 50's -  early 60's.

" Hi, can I help you?" The man asked calmly, he looked similar to Eddie. " Hi, is Eddie home? I'm one of his friends." I asked eagerly. " Uh, Yeah,hold on kid." The man replied to me kindly before turning his head to shout out to Eddie whom came out shirtless with a pair of dark wash jeans on.

" Hi!" I greeted and I smiled when I noticed my scrunchie was still on his wrist. He's gorgeous, no other words. " Hey love, what's up?" His eyes scanned my body. " Are you busy today?" I asked him and he shook his head, with a soft "No".

" Did you wanna go to the mall with me? It's boring alone." I looked into his gorgeous eyes.

" Definitely, I am so bored today, I started learning Madonna on my guitar. Do you wanna go now?" He looked at me back, " Well yeah, I mean if you have stuff to do, we can go later, it's just supposed to rain or whatever weather bullshit. Wait you learned Madonna on guitar?But-" He interrupted my annoying ramble, I'm glad he did before I went to far.

" We can go now, chill." He chuckled softly. I just smiled, not really knowing how to respond. Why did I keep talking?

" Let me get a shirt, wait here." He rushed inside and when he came back I heard a voice call from behind him, " Have fun on your date."

" Ignore that, sorry. My uncle is- he says I'm lonely." He turned that light pink on his cheeks. " It's cool, you forget that Steve is my brother." He laughed, and he helped me into my own car.

" You're car is still fucking awesome!" He exclaimed,  " Is it now? You wanna see how awesome it really is?"

" What do you mean?" Eddie asked me, " Well you know, it's really fast, maybe throw in some donuts maybe?" I asked him, " Are you sure? It might fuck up your tires? He stated " Yeah, but I'm supposed to get new ones." I replied.

" Are you sure? Have you even done them before? I d-"Eddie repeated the same question he asked from before.

" This is a side I've never seen of you. You're Eddie Munson, I thought you'd be totally down to try this. And yes I have done them before with Billy, and it was so cool."

-Eddie POV-
I felt jealous at the mention of Billy Hargrove. I hope they weren't a thing before, and they're just friends. It's selfish for me to think this way, I should stop, but I just want her so bad, I want to make her mine, and I want to be hers. I don't want someone else to get to her before I do.

To her, this is probably just a summer fling. It was just a hook up, I don't know how she really feels about when we had sex, but that's probably how she feels.

She pulled into a parking lot of the abandoned ' Hawkins Drive-In Movie Theatre' you could even call it that, when it was open, crazy shit happened. Even since the new one was built in '76, this one was out of business, leaving a huge parking lot.

I turned up the radio as Black Sabbath was came on. " Ready?" She asked with a devilish smile on her face before she turned the steering wheel and we begun to spin into a donut.

" Shit!" She exclaimed excitedly, as she went into another, she looked so hot when she doing this. The control, that she has over the car.

When we came to a stop, she asked " You wanna go?" She smiled brightly, her face full of excitement. " Are y-" She put her hand over my mouth playfully.

" I swear Eddie, if you say ' Are you sure?' again I will fucking slap you! now go! Have fun!" She energetically shouted, getting out of the car to switch seats with me.

" You know, I wasn't expecting a girl like you to rebel like this." I told her once I got into the drivers seat. I mean would anyone? She was a perfect straight A student, beautiful looks, hot girl next door, Harrington cheerleader.

" Well, life's too short to not have fun! Do it!" She replied, her beautiful smile exposing her cute dimple, she only had one on her right cheek, but on her left she had a beauty mark on the edge of her lip.

I started turning the wheel, I was nervous that I was going to fuck up her car, but I didn't want to be wimp, so I did it. When I finished the donut, she was laughing of excitement.

" One more?" She asked and I nodded, I patted my lap for her to sit, and she climbed over the middle console. I grabbed her waist, guiding her closer to my body, I placed my hands over hers on the steering wheel, and pressed the gas petal to the floor.

She laughed and crawled off of my lap, " Mall?" I asked and she nodded her head. " Let me drive, I know a shorter way to get there from here." She said and we switched sides.

She drove down the old Hawkins Road, the radio still blasting music loudly as 'Jump' by Van Halen. I watched as she drove into the back of the mall parking lot, it was only a 2 minute drive instead of 10.

We both got out at the same time, and she grabbed my hand and starting running, I caught up with her pace, and we entered the mall.

"Come on, let's go try stuff on!" She exclaimed as she took my hand and we ran over to Sears. She gasped and picked up a pair of very, I mean, very, very, acid washed jeans.

" You have to try them on!" She laughed, " No, sweetheart look, I lo- I care about you, but I'm not doing that." I almost told her the feelings I didn't know had, I knew I really liked her, a lot, but I haven't thought that far.

It would great to love her, and have her love me, hold me, kiss me, we did these things now, but it wasn't serious, I wish it was more than just 'messin' around' I gotta stop dreaming,I know that's not going to happen, she's perfect, and I have nothing to compare to her.

" Please-!" She finally talked me into trying on the jeans, let's be honest here, what man on this earth would wear these? No, let me rephrase that. What human on this earth would wear these jeans?

I walked out awkwardly and showed her. She laughed that perfect laugh.

After calming down she told me, " I'm going to try on this dress." She held a red, tight dress. My cheeks heated at the thought of her in red.
She would look so good, I felt guilty thinking these things about her, even though I had seen her with nothing...

" Eddie can you help me?"