60) 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰.

{ 4 days later, Tuesday, July 9, 1985 }

-Ariella POV-
I hung up the phone for the 3rd time after not getting an answer from Eddie. We haven't hung out or talked in a few days, and he was acting weird when he left on Friday.

I called to make sure he wasn't angry or upset at me, and I also really want to talk to him. I was going to go over to his place, until I remembered, he has a gig tonight! Maybe I should go see him and his band.

He told me about it last week, he said it started at 7:00, it's now 7:45, but he also said it ends at 9:00. He invited me, but I had that cheer event today, for school next month, and I wasn't sure when it'd be over. It only ended about an hour ago.

I smiled to myself at my idea, I jumped up and grabbed my car keys, running down the stairs and to my car. I didn't realize I was still in my cheer uniform until I was in the car. " it's fine, who's cares what I'm wearing?" I mumbled, putting my keys into the ignition.

I started my drive to downtown Hawkins, excited for my arrival.

-10 minutes later, The Hideout-
I smiled as I walked in, my eyes landing on the staged were Eddie and his band were standing. They weren't preforming quite yet. I noticed people staring at me, most of the people here looked like metal heads.

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to come alone? But oh well..! I looked up again to see Gareth pointing at me while saying something to Eddie. I waved and Eddie got off the stage and begin walking over to me.

" Ariel, what are you doing here?" He smiled, " I came to watch you play, I also wanted to talk to you, I haven't seen you since Friday." I stated, moving closer to him.

"I did want to talk to you about something, but I want to talk about it.. privately." Eddie looked over his shoulder for a second, " Do you feel better the you did on Friday? I was really worried about you."

"I'm fine, Eds, it's nothing to worry about really. I promise."

" You're still wearing that uniform, you're so adorable—" He looked over his shoulder again and Gareth waved him on. " Shit, we're about to start." His eyes traveled back down to mine,

I softly pressed my lips to his cheek, " Good luck." He smiled and his cheeks turned color. " Thanks, make sure you sit in the front or you can't see!" He shouted as he ran back to the stage.

I quickly found a seat and smiled as I heard the loud noise of metal music fill my ears. Corroded Coffin has a pretty big crowd, Eddie says they don't have more than about 15, but I would say they're are about 70  people here.

I watched as Eddie's hands moved quickly against the guitar, I forgot he was this good.

I looked over to my right and happened to see a group of about 3 girls who were standing in the front row, all three staring at Eddie, not the band, Eddie. All three of them looked Identical, they look exactly like Joan Jett.

A few songs later, the band announced the end of their performance. Gareth, Jeff, and the bassist, which I still don't know the name of, went into the back while Eddie came to me.

" So what do you think?" He asked, throwing an arm around my shoulders, " You guys are great! I'm definitely coming with you for your next gig."

" Wanna come ba-" Eddie was interrupted by those three girls, " Great job tonight, are we still aloud back stage? Kaitlyn has to ask Gareth something." The tallest out of the three asked, " Uh- yeah sure. Let's go." Eddie grabbed my hand and begun walking to a door beside the small stage.

He pulled out some chairs beside the other band members for the three girls. " You can sit with me." He whispered in my ear, I didn't know what he meant until he sat down and pulled me into his lap.

" Hey Harrington!" Gareth greeted, I smiled and waved, " Oh! They said they wanna talk to you." Eddie pointed to the girls, before snaking his arm around my waist.

" I missed you." Eddie said quietly, but loudly enough for everyone else to hear, I don't think they did considering they were having their own conversation.

" Who is that girl anyway?" One of them asked, causing everyone to go quiet " Steve Harrington's sister." Said Jeff before another one asked, " Is that his girlfriend?"

" Might as well be." Gareth mumbled. " I know you're not talking, Emerson." Eddie said, " What is she to you, Eddie?" One of them asked in a nasty tone, "What's it to you?" He replied. " Damn, no need to be rude, just asking. Also why do you have on a cheer uniform? It's not game season."

" I had practice. I-" Eddie interrupted me, " Okay, enough with the interrogating." His arms pulled me from one side of his lap to the middle. "Didn't you want to talk to me about something?" I asked, he nodded, " Yeah, I want to tell you how I feel about.., we can go to one of the backrooms."

He let me get up before taking me by the hand down the hallway and into a small room. " I didn't do anything wrong did I?" He shook his head, taking both of my hands in his, " No, no, I just want to get this off my chest." He took a deep breath before he began to talk.

" Ariel, I feel like you should have better than me. I feel like you're wasting your time on me. You could have so much better. I really like you, and I've never felt this way with anyone before, but I just keep overthinking. I know you care about me, and I'm not trying to say that you don't , I just don't want to hold you back. I feel like we're back to the start. I feel like I don't have a chance with you. I-" I cut Eddie off by kissing him and bringing him into a tight hug.

" Eddie, babe, there's no reason for you to feel that way. Eddie you have a bigger chance with me than anyone else. Eddie you are not a waste of my time, and I'll never think of you that way. I don't deserve ' better', because there is no better, love. To be honest, you deserve more from me. I always involve you in all my bullshit, like Nathan and my family—. Just know that I love you and that you never have to feel that way again."

He smiled, I hugged him again "You smell good, I missed the smell of your perfume." He whispered, placing a kiss on my temple.

" I swear if they're fucking in there- Munson! We're getting dinner are you coming?"