86) 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓮

{Readiness Date Hawkins Highschool.}

Eddie POV

Ariel giggled as we got out of the car. "Im so excited!l" she exclaimed for about the 4th time since we've woken up. I could see her looking up at me from the corner of my eye. But I was looking at something else. I could see Jess getting out of a brown 1970 Ford Cortina.

She waved and run up to us when she saw me, Ariel looked over her shoulder to see who or what I was looking at. " Oh god. You know just really gotta go. Coach needs me there before 9. You guys go to the gym at 9." She signed then walking over towards the school.

Jess, Steve, Robin and I all followed Ariel to the gym.

When we got there, we sat on the first row of bleachers. Jess was sitting on my left as I sat at the end of the row.

I heard all the cheerleaders excitedly yell and shout there cheers.

" Doesn't that just look so fun? I've never really thought about any sport other than swimming, but you did tell Ariel to talk to her coach, right?" Jess suddenly commented. " Yeah, she did. I really think you should go for it." I told her before looking up when Ariel came running up to us.

" Guys! Watch my stunt!" She told me. " Okay! Laura, Rebecca, Base, Melissa back. Harrington on top!" The cheerleading coach shouted out to the cheerleaders.

Ariel ran over to her cheer team and stepped on the girls' hands that were crouched down under her. I watched in awe as she was lifted into the air. She stuck her arms out into a v-shape, and then they let her down.

" Okay Ladies! Great stunt. It's 9:04. Start greeting people and getting into your groups."

Ariel then walked back over to us waving her Pom-poms. She then came over to me and sat on my lap. I instinctively wrapped my arms around her waist. She made the first move, so we're not sneaking around right now?

-Ariella POV-
When Steve turned around I quickly jumped off of Eddie

"I really gotta go greet people and get my tour group. Jess what group are you?" I asked her, so I could direct her to the right place.

"I think D. Yeah D." Seriously? It just has to be my group? I sighed before looking back up at her.

" Oh. You're with me. Wanna come with me while I get everyone else?" I asked her and we made our way to the cafeteria. Thank god I only had about 20 other people on my list. Half didn't even show up. I guided my 11 people to the gym and began my short presentation.

I noticed that the trifold presentations we made were now set up. " So our second destination is here. At the gym."

" Here is where all of our classes and practices take place. You have the choice to either take P.E. or athletics. Go ahead and look around if you're interested in any sports. We have a trifold for each sport. If you have any questions ask me or the coaches outside. After this, Melissa will take you to your next destination."

I took a deep breath and then walked over to where Steve and Eddie were sitting. " Watch." I told Eddie confidently as I got ready to do a front handspring. I think I did about 4 before stopping.

" Ariel? Do you have to do that to get on the team?" Jess asked and I turned to look at her. " Yes, well no. It depends. -"

" Ariel! The football team is here!" Chrissy called from the other side of the gym. Standing by Melissa and the whole football team from last year.

I gasped in excitement. Running up to greet my friends.

" Little Harrington!" Andy called. I ran up to hug him and the others. He's been calling me that because he knew Steve before me. Harrington, and Little Harrington.

" Carver said that you're not exactly single. Who it is?" One of them asked, " Jason you ass." I told him. " You guys are so nosey."

"I am single. It was nothing but a stupid hookup. " I told them as I rolled my eyes.

" Oh really?" Andy teased. " Yes! Shut up!"

" She's not lying. She told me the other day she was single. When I was buying new cleats." Patrick stated. " With you around, she won't be single for long." Chance said before laughing and walking off to talk to Jason.

" And what does that mean?" I ask, " They won't stop bugging me about it. I can't tell you right now, but I wanna talk to you when this is over." Patrick told me while walking away.

I walked back to Jess and Eddie. "I have some questions about cheer tryouts?" Jess said, " Ask away." I told her.

" How to try outs work? Like is there anything specific you have to learn how to do to?"

" Just jumps, and maybe tumbling? But for the most part you just preform the dance and cheers we teach you and a few jumps." I say causally and then Steve waved me over.

" Are they selling concessions like last year? You haven't eaten yet." Steve stated. " Uh yeah. They should be in the cafeteria. I don't want anything. But thanks Steve." I told my brother while I hugged him. " Where's Robin?"

" One name, spelt, V-I-C-K-I. Her new crush, who is also in band. They met last year, You know at that one pep rally for the championship game? They met then." Steve explained, annoyed that he was left alone.

" Hey, aren't you and Eddie, kind of something?" Steve said pointing behind me, I turned around to see Eddies hand on Jess's shoulder and her hand holding his wrist.

My jaw dropped as I was about to go over there. I watched at he tired to pull his hand off of her, but she grabbed it again and held his hand. I felt my face heat as they got closer.
He's not even doing anything about it.

" Woah. Take it easy. He's probably doesn't even realize. But if he breaks your heart, I swear-" Steve started, getting into defensive mode.

" 'Woah. Take it easy.'" I mocked him playfully and he rolled his eyes. " Go over there!" He told me with a little shove.

When I turned around again I saw Eddie get very invested into a conversation with her. He's here for me. I leave for a few minutes to do tour and say 'hi 'to my friends and he just ditches me?

I quickly looked around to see if anyone was around. There were only a few new students in the gym. No football team. No cheer team. No jocks. No one I know.

I walked over to Eddie and ripped Jess's hand off of his without ripping it off.

I then took his hands into mine. " I really need to talk to you." I whispered to him softly. He smirked down at me and I led him to the bleachers.

"Thanks,That was kinda getting uncomfortable. Palms were clammy."

I grabbed his hand and pulled it over my shoulder, when he realized what I was doing he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, then placed a kiss on my forehead. He ran his fingers through my straightened ponytail. Did he just not say anything, did he really not notice?

-Eddie POV-
I looked around before kissing Ariel on the lips.
" Your flip was pretty fuckin' awesome." I told her and she smiled largely.

" I'd love to stay with you all day, But I have to go meet Coach in the cafeteria, it's 10:30."