54) "𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓸 𝓪𝓶𝓪𝔃𝓲𝓷𝓰."

{8:30, Ferris wheel, a little time skip from prior chapter}

-Eddie POV-
I placed a hand on Ariel's thigh in a non- sexual way, just wanting to hold her in some way. She smiled over at me, it was the biggest one I've seen since we got here.

I moved closer to her, our knees touched and she leaned onto my shoulder. I don't want to think about anything right now, I just want to enjoy my time with Ariel. This felt like a dream, I'm on a date with Ariel Harrington. She really is a dream.

The other guys that stared at her at school, would be so jealous. I haven't thought this hard in a while, she's too good for me, what is she doing here with me? She should be with one of those stuck up rich guys on the basketball team, but she's with me. I wanted to brag and show her off, then I realized, she's not mine, not yet.

I'm thinking way to far ahead of myself, I can't rush this, or I'll scare her off like I did. My eyes traveled down her body, she's so perfect, there's not one flaw. I didn't realize how hard I was staring until I felt myself jump at the pop of the fireworks.

I felt Ariel's hands grab my face, she pulled me closer, attaching our lips. She passionately moved her lips against mine. I gave the same energy back, shoving my tongue into her mouth. I felt warm at the familiar feeling when our tongues rubbed against each other. The way she kissed was amazing, this is the best feeling I've ever had. The best feeling I will ever have.

She pulled away, wrapping her arms around my neck, I haven't realized how happy I was with her, until I thought she was gone.

-Ariella POV-
I stared into Eddie's eyes, the prettiest shade of chocolate brown. I noticed he's been awfully quiet since we got on the Ferris Wheel, he couldn't stop yapping a few minutes ago.

I watched as his eyes glossed over with tears, " Eddie? Are you crying?" He made eye contact with me, " No, it's just- it's just my allergies, my eyes itch like shit." I believed what he was saying, but I could hear it in his voice.

" Eds, what's wrong?" I questioned him, taking both of his hands in mine, lightly tracing my thumbs over his knuckles." Nothing, I just..." He trailed off, " Did I say something to hurt your feelings? Is it because I mocked you? I was just kid-" He suddenly brought me into a hug, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

" Ariel," Be begun to speak at be pulled away from me, " I- It's just that, I only just realized how happy you make me, you don't even have to try. You always make sure I'm okay before you worry about yourself, you're always happy and you always care- you're just so-" I soothingly shushed him, he had the same look on his face as he did when he was upset before, telling me that whatever lie he would try to come up with, wouldn't work.

I brought him into me, his head rested on my chest, I wrapped one arm around his back, the other cradling his head, " Baby, if I make you happy, why are you crying?" I cooed to him, letting the pet name slip off of my tongue. I hugged him closer.

" I'm not." He replied as he tensed up, shifting slightly. I played with his hair in attempt to soothe him. "You're just so amazing, Ariel." He set his chin on my chest, " I'm not crying, but if I was they'd be happy tears."

I felt my heart melt at his words, "Oh, Eddie.", I said, dumbstruck by his words. "Sorry, not trying to get all emotional and shit." He leaned back into me. "It's okay, don't feel bad. A lot of shit happened today, and the last few days. It's better to let it out than bottle it all up." I told him as I leaned down to kiss his forehead.

I raised my voice to talk to him as the fireworks started again, " Do I make you that happy that you're crying?" He shifted on me, bringing himself closer to him, "Yeah- yeah, you do. That I might cry, not that I am." He said, defending the fact that he was not crying. He deeply stared into my eyes while he spoke, the look on his face made me just want to hug him and never let go of him.

"Hearing you say that makes me wanna cry, Eddie you have some really good lines." I admitted, " Don't cry. I've told you before, I don't lie or use 'lines', I only speak truth. When I say that I mean it, Ariel; and you better believe it."

" I love you." Was all I could think of to say, I squeezed lightly as I brought him into a full hug. I felt the vibrations on my neck as he let out a small chuckle.

I let go as I felt the Ferris Wheel start to bring us back down. " Do you wanna watch the rest of the fireworks from my van?" He suggested, pushing hair from my face, I nodded and he smiled.

-Eddie POV-
" I'm sorry you had to be there while Nathan was. He- he won't leave me the fuck alone, and I'm sorry you had to be involved." Ariel spoke to me, leaning her head onto my shoulder once again; she was apologizing for something out of her control.

Before I could respond, she starting talking again. I could hear her talk for days and never get tired of her voice. It had to be the prettiest sound I've ever heard.

"Billy didn't exactly tell me what happened, but he got himself banned from the fair. In his words he 'smoked Nathan's ass',  but he always says that after he gets into a fight." She says with a sigh, telling me more details about the situation.

" Hope I don't sound like an asshole when I say this, but that fucker deserved to get smoked. I know that I know nothing about him, but I know it's bad if it made you go with him, you are a little stubborn." I joked to lighten the conversation, she smiled.

" I would tell you, you know I really trust you. It's just a lot of bullshit. I feel bad that Billy had to get involved and Chrissy, and especially you. I'm sorry-" I shushed her softly, I stuck my hand out and she took it, standing up with me as we got off of the ride.

" Don't be sorry, you didn't know this was going to happen, darling." I caressed her face while moving hair out of her face. She leaned into my touch, grabbing my wrist.

" Come on." I told her after leaving a small kiss on her temple. I engulfed her hand in mine, leading her to my van. 

" I'll carry you?" I offered to Ariel, she smiled, " Thank you, but no. I know you're gonna try to do it, Ed; don't." 

" You don't know that—." I smiled down at her, " Oh, but I do. Don't try me." She looked up at me with a 'serious' look. "What are you going to do? You're so short you couldn't do anything above the waist!"

She tried to hold in her laughter, " I'm 5'2! I'm not short! I'm only a few inches shorter than you, not 4 feet!" She defended playfully, " Yeah 10 inches, 10 is not a few." She rolled her eyes jokingly.

"At least I'm not like 6 ft like you!" Ariel stood directly in front of me, poking my chest. I stared at her for a few seconds before picking her up.