103) 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓴

{a few days later}

-Eddie POV-
" I can't believe we gotta write a whole summary essay on that book." Gareth said as he sat down at the lunch table beside me.

" I know, we just did a novel study last week." Jess said, sitting on the other side of me.  Both of them referring to our assignment in Mrs. O'Donell's.

I looked over at the other side of the cafeteria, watching as Ariel was talking to her friends, holding an orange piece of paper while carrying the book we had to study.

I watched as Patrick McKinney stepped behind her and wrapped his arm around her, squeezing her close for a few seconds. She then leaned in, wrapping her free arm around his back, returning his hug.

"Don't stress, there's other girls you know,"  Jess mumbled to me, giving a smile. I gave a fake smile back, and turned my gaze back to Ariel.

I feel like I'm back to where we started. I have this massive crush on her, and I can't even find it in myself to even look away, and she's never even had any intention to talk to me until she's had to. And now I'm starting that believe  she's not going to talk to me unless she has to.

Man, she's so beautiful though. The way she just flips her hair over her shoulder like that,  and the way she looks in that damn sweater.

I hadn't noticed she had parted from her friends and was now coming to me, until she was only about 12 feet away. My eyes never leaving her body.

" Hey Eds." Her smile causing my heart to flutter as she came closer to me, " What?" She asked, her perfect little laugh filling my ears.

I then looked away, breaking my stare, " H-hi." I stammered, I'm insane, she looks like an absolute angel.

" What is up with you? Are you okay?" She asked, shifting her weight as she stood and then moving hair from my face. I then felt the blush heat up my cheeks for the first time in a while.

" Yeah, 'm sorry." I looked into her eyes and she again sweetly giggled. I'm love sick and I've got it bad.

"Anyway, do you wanna come with me?" She held out the orange piece of paper, which read
'KIMBERLY'S  HALLOWEEN PARTY'  in bold letters, taking up half the page.

"Isn't it a little early for that? It's only the 12th," I asked her, noticing the new blue nail polish covering her fingernails.

"I know, but she wanted to make sure that I got an invite. Please come with me! Please~!" Ariel begged, pouting her lip and staring at me with such innocence, " I guess someone has to supervise you. So yeah sure, I'll go with you." I joked and she scoffed playfully.

"Hey, you wanna work on our novel study after school?" She asked, a smirk creeping up her cheeks, she obviously had a maybe not quite sexual, but definitely intimate plan for us.

I felt myself began to almost sweat at her words, my neck beginning to feel hot. When she lightly touched my arm I almost jumped out of my skin.

" Eddie, seriously, are you okay? Your face looks really flushed." The girl in front of me teased, I then noticed Jess look over at us and turn, Ariel stepped closer to me.

" Do you not want to?" She asked me, a fake expression of sadness on her face, and a pout in her voice, but a look of desire in her eyes.

" Y-yes I do. Can I take you home?" I stared directly into her eyes, she's knows what she's doing and it's working.