87 ) 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓘𝓘

{continued from last chapter}

-Eddie POV-
"How long did it take you to do that?" I asked Ariel as she did another I think, handspring?

" I don't remember, maybe 2-3 months to get my form right." She smiled " I still can't land perfectly," she stated as she walked back over to me.

We both stood in the gym. Jocks and cheerleaders talking along with other students. Some were new, the others I recognized from last year.

I then noticed Jess and Gareth talking as they walked towards us. " She's just been really cold towards me.." I heard Jess say. Not entirely sure who she was referring to.

" They've kinda had this thing over summer. She might be jealous. I don't know why she would be, he's literally all over her." Gareth replied to her. Clearly not realizing I could hear them.

Ariel then sat next to me on the bleachers. I noticed Jess still coming towards me, but Gareth was walking the other way.

" Oh- Hey?" I said to Jess and Ariel snickered under her breath, it slowing becoming a loud giggle.

" What are you laughing at?" I teased as I softly dragged my thumb against her cheekbone. Jess then cleared her throat and I looked over to her.

" Gareth mentioned another Hellfire meet this week, I forgot to ask earlier, but even before I've been calling you! To find out when it is but you haven't been answering." She explained. Why is she so mad? She wasn't earlier. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the conversation that they don't know I heard.

"Don't get your panties in a twist. He's been with me." Ariel told her.

" Yeah, um-sorry. It's— we don't have one this week." I told her, I completely forgot about that, I've been too busy with Ariel. Even now I can't stop thinking about her, and she's sitting right beside me.

"Ari! Come here!" I heard Chrissy Cunningham call to her. She stood up, " I'll be back." She whispered to me and left. Then Jess sat down.

-Ariella POV-
" Jason's having a pool party because Patrick is back. You have to come!" My best friend exclaimed, " Oh definitely. We should wear those white bikinis we bought!" I said to her.

I then saw Nancy, and Steve. " Oh! My brother is literally trying to die. Look." I pointed to Steve awkwardly trying to talk to Nancy, while Mike was a few feet away from them with Lucas and Will. His mom probably made him come with Nancy.

"Let's go save your brother before he digs himself in a deeper hole than the one he's already in." Chrissy stated , taking my hand.

We walked over to them, and Nancy gave a warm smile to both of us. While Steve was awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

" I thought I told you to go get some concessions?" I said to him, " Right- about that.."

" Steve, do you want this to get any more awkward than it already is. I mean, look at you guys?" I said to him in a hushed tone.

He looked down in embarrassment. " Just go!" I then turned back to Nancy, " So, what's up? Ooh school paper!" I said taking flyer from her hand, " Yeah, I'm trying to recruit people to join." Nancy replied.

I nodded, mouthing 'oh.' Before handing her the flyer back. " Ask that girl over there by Eddie Munson." Chrissy suggested to Nancy. I then turned back and noticed how close she was. Again.

" She's a little too close to my man." I told Chrissy, " You mean your boyfriend, who doesn't know he's your boyfriend yet?" Chrissy teased. " Yes. He might not be my boyfriend, but he's still mine. I think?" Chrissy shook her head playfully.

" She is too close though. You know I've never seen a girl dress like that." My best friend referred to Jess's dark colored clothing. Looking like Joan Jett but in a bad way.

" I have. But not that bad." I told her, " She's so annoying, she's trying to make the cheer team."

" Not our cheer team. She really needs to back off of him. She knows you guys are a thing, that's so weird." Chrissy told me, " Yeah, but you have to remember Chris, she's from Jordan High. Imagine cheering for the 'Falcons'. "

Chrissy giggled and then pointed to Jess and Eddie again, " And he's just letting her touch him like that?" She referred to Jess's hand on Eddie's chest.

" Let me go stop that right now!" I said in annoyance, " Yeah!" Chrissy cheered after me.

I walked back over to Eddie and Jess and sat in between them. Knocking Jess's hand off of Eddie.

"Hey,Ariel." Eddie greeted, placing a kiss on my cheek. I smiled at him, and made sure nobody else saw.

" Oh hey. Your friends with that Nancy girl right?" Jess asked and I nodded, "She's so sweet. She agreed to let me join the school paper even though I've never done it before."

" yeah, Nancy is nice to anyone. " I told her and Eddie playfully hit my shoulder, " Be nice, baby." He whispered in my ear.

" Hey Ariel we have to go to the hall to preform. Remember the 'Tigers are the best' one," Chrissy told me and I got up to follow her. " Are you coming to watch me?" I asked Eddie and he smiled widely. " Of course."

We all made our way to the gym hall and I got into windows with the rest of the cheer team.

" This is an example of the cheers we do!" Coach said to the small crowd watching us. I noticed Eddie's friends, Jeff, and Gareth.

I felt a little anxious when Eddie suddenly started glaring at me and at Chrissy. I shrugged it off and Chrissy and I started calling our cheer.

" Go Tigers! Go Tigers! Go Tigers Go Tigers!" We both shouted at once and then the whole started to shout.

"T-I-G-E-R-S! The mighty Tigers are the best!" We all started as we moved our arms and waved our poms. When we finished the cheer and a few other, Eddie motioned me over to him.

" I need to talk to you-." He said but was interrupted by Andy and Patrick. " Little Harrington—," Andy called in a sing song voice. He's always here at the worst time.

I walked towards them, "He wants to talk to you when everyone leaves. Since it ends in about 5 minutes. You're coming to the party right, at Jason's?" Andy said in once breath.

" Yes, Andy. I am. Patrick can I meet you in the parking lot? We took Steve's car." I told Patrick and he nodded. " Yeah. I have something for you." He said before Andy took him and they both walked away.

" Ariel, why were you talking shit about Jess?" Eddie confronted me. " W-what? I wasn't. I didn't say a damn thing about her, Eddie. Why do you care anywa-"

" That's not what Gareth told me!" Eddie stated, " I didn't say anything about her. To be honest, she's so boring there's nothin' to say about her." I told him and he sighed and shook his head. " Why are you talking about her, she did nothing to you?" Eddie said,

"Ready to go? I found Robin?" Steve asked while walking up to us. " Yeah. I really am." I said to Steve, shaking my 'poms aggravatingly.

" The sexual tension is absolutely nuts Steve." Robin said, that girl still cannot whisper.

We all walked out of the gym doors and to the parking lot. Where I saw Patrick talking to Jason as they leaned on his black Jeep Cherokee.

" You said you wanted to talk to me?"