108) "𝓞𝓸𝓱, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓾𝓰𝓵𝔂."

{the next day, school}

-Ariella POV-
"Chrissy, I told him that I wanted to sneak around with him and he got so nervous." I gushed to my best friend, telling her about the situation from yesterday with Eddie.

" Do we have cheer practice today?" Chrissy asked me, " No, Coach isn't here. She said she had a migraine after volleyball practice yesterday."

" Oh yeah-" Chrissy said as we walk into the cafeteria. Kimberly, as I call her, Kimmy, handing out more flyers for her party at the door. I looked over at Eddie's table and waved to Will and Mike. Not sure where the other two were, but something caught my eye. Eddie, standing in front of Jess, both of them looking down at something.

Once I could get at an angle that I could see, my jaw dramatically dropped, my face souring as I scoffed. " What?" Chrissy asked me, " Ari, what is it?"

"That bitch got invited to the party!" I said, fumbling with my words, " Ooh, that's ugly." Chrissy said, the look on our faces now matched as she looked over at them. " Look, it won't be that bad. She won't even know where to fit in, or who to talk to-"

" No, you don't get it. I invited Eddie to go with me. Now the whole thing that happened last time, will probably happen again! He ditched me for her, and I spent $60 on that slutty ass dress just to impress him!"

" Well, I know exactly how to stop that. You have nothing to worry about, I'll work this out, you just go seduce him." Chrissy joked, causing my to gasp. " Chrissy! that's why you're my best friend."

" Now, you go play with him, and I'll talk to Kimmy." Chrissy told me, " Okay." I told her, giving her a tight hug before going over to Eddie.

"Jess, I see you got invited to the party. Are you gonna go?" I ask, trying to hold back my shitty attitude. " Yeah I think so. I don't really go to parties much. I'm sure that you're going, right?" I nodded and gave a fake smile.

I then noticed Eddie's eyes on me from the corner of mine. "I tried to hug you, and you just walked right past me, but if you want to ignore me, okay." Eddie said to me, faking being upset. " I'm sorry." I told him, leaning down from behind him and wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

" So, what's your plan?" He whispered into my ear, " For what?" I said aloud. "Ariel, your plan." He continued to whisper. Oh. My plan, for us. " You gotta wait. Meet me next period, at, —1:45." I tell him before pulling away.

"So, about that party, are any of you guys going?" Jess asked, " Nah man, I've got a date." One of them say, " Me too." Mike said, causing me to look over at him. Him and El.

I walked over and sat by Will, considering Dustin and Lucas were no where to be seen.
"You guys finally too old for trick or treating?" I ask Will, "I- don't really know. Dustin is probably going to talk to Suzie, and Mike and Lucas want to go out with their girlfriends."

" They're lame. It would be so fun to just go out all together, and then trade candy after, you know? You're the only cool one, Will." I told him, realizing he was the only one still listening.

"How's your bro-" I paused when I turned around to see Nathan standing on the opposite side of the cafeteria, with a few other people I didn't recognize around him. I could hear Will calling my name, but I couldn't stop staring at him.

I then noticed him walking closer to the table I was currently sitting at. I quickly got up and ran to Chrissy. " Chris, red." I whispered the girl's ear frantically, finding myself grabbing her shoulders. " Shit." She swore, looking up seeing him, I felt myself began to worry, my hands beginning to get clammy on her clothed shoulders.