73) 𝓼𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓵 𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓴

{the next morning, July 30,}

-Eddie POV-
I woke up beside Ariel, who was lying beside me still asleep, last night was amazing.

I wrapped my arms tighter around Ariel, she suddenly woke up and sat up, she quickly pulled her comforter back over her chest when she realized she didn't have clothes on, she was breathing heavy and looked scared.

" What happened, baby?" I asked concerned I sat up and left a comforting hand on her shoulder. Her head quickly turned towards me,   Her face softened when she saw it was me.  

"What?" She said just above a whisper, " You look terrified," I explained and she, " I just- I'm okay." She assured, but she still had that look in her eyes.  

"Are you sure? You don't look okay. Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked as she leaned her head back against the headboard.

"Talk about what, Eddie?" She asked with a hint of irritation in her voice, " The fact that you just shot up from your sleep, and you look fucking terrified. Did you have another nightmare?" I cooed,

" Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it." She replied as she leaned into me, " Okay." She pulled one of the blankets from the bed and wrapped it around herself before she got up, she grabbed my shirt and slipped it on before walking over to the window.

" Billy's gone," She looked over at me, I got up and put on my boxers and my sweatpants that she has in her room. She moved her floral curtains to the side and continued to look out her window, I stepped behind her and hugged her.

" You wanna go eat with me?" She suggested, I held my hand out and she took it, leading us down the hall and then downstairs.

She walked into her kitchen and flipped the light on. "What do you want, Eddie?" She asked, "Hey, don't feel like you have to make me food every time. I think it's my turn to cook for you, yeah?"

" I'm not really hungry." She explained, " Okay, when you are I'll try to make you something." I Ariel as she sat down at the kitchen table

"You're really pretty, did you know that?" I  whispered against her neck, she smiled for the first time since she woke up. " I love you, did you know that?" She whispered back. " I love you more." I smiled back at her. She rolled her eyes playfully, "There's no way." She added before slipping out of my hands and walking to her coffee maker.

" Want some? You better not say you drink it black," She joked, I chuckled as I walked over to her, " I don't even drink coffee, yeah I guess I do drink it black."

" I will never be able to like black coffee, my mom forced me too when I was twelve for about 6 months." She giggled as if she was joking, I gave Ariel a look of concern, " What? Why?" She shook her head, " Because I missed cheer practice once, one time, because I was too tired because of tennis and she was also trying to make Steve teach me basketball and I had gymnastics, it was too much."

" Sorry, didn't mean to like- never mind." She laughed nervously and stopped talking, " No offense, how the hell are you going to make your 12 year old daughter drink fucking coffee because she missed practice one time whenever you have her doing all this shit?" I asked, realizing I went a little too far. But that's messed up.

"She's just trying to make sure I'll be successful or whatever she said last time, but she's trying to find what's best for me. If I didn't take those gymnastics lessons I wouldn't be captain of the cheer team, and if I didn't go to tennis practice, or if Steve didn't teach me basketball, I wouldn't know what to do for myself. I have 4 things that could get me a scholarship, I couldn't probably get multiple, I mean tennis, volleyball, maybe basketball, I-" she stopped again, " Keep going." I assured her, letting her know I was still listening.

"I didn't mean to start rambling about my mom to you." She said, " Shit." She whispered after accidentally touching the hot glass of the coffee decanter.

" You're not rambling. I think you're right. You'll definitely get a scholarship for at least one of them if not all. " I smiled at her, I took the decanter from her hand and grabbed the mug on the counter, pouring the coffee for her.

"Still black?" I asked with a smile, " Yeah, we don't really have anything else." She smiled back, but it wasn't as genuine as it was earlier.

"Eddie I get to cheer at the student readiness event." She smiled excitedly, " Isn't that where you guys tour for the new freshman, right?"

" Yeah! We also get to present to the new people and the freshman about our team and we show them what we do and we have to take names for the new tryout."

-Ariella POV-
" I thought tryouts are in May?" Eddie asked, " They usually are, but we're having two this year for the freshman, because a lot of freshman last year who made the team when they tried out at the end of  8th grade didn't get to be on the team. So we're having them tryout here instead, and new students who weren't here or missed tryouts." I explained to Eddie excitedly.

" Maybe you should come watch me cheer!" I exclaimed, " Of course I will. I'll start going to pep rallies  too."  He smiled.

" I think Jess mentioned going to that thing because she transferred her the last two weeks of school." Eddie said, " Oh really? I maybe I'll tour her, or one of the other cheerleaders will. I'm so excited to cheer! I cant wait for you to see me, Maybe you can come to tryouts with me. Chrissy and I are hosting,"

" I'd love to come with you, but is that even aloud, wouldn't Patrick or whoever have a problem with it, I wouldn't scare off the other cheerleaders would I?" He joked, " No, silly. None of us actually listen to anything rest of the of them say. They have nothing better to do with their lives, they don't have jobs they live off of their parents." I explained to Eddie.

" I think Jess mentioned something about cheerleading." I ignored Eddie's words about Jess. She won't make the cheer squad.

" Please come!" I begged, " Alright, I'll come. But if anyone asks me, you forced me to." He gave a small grin.

  " Anything to see you in that cheer uniform again." He whispered in my ear, " You should see me in my volleyball jersey." I replied, giving the same flirtatious energy back.

" I realized I haven't kissed you yet, since we woke up." He stated, I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him close, I stood on my toes trying to reach him. He picked me up and sat me on the counter, " Kiss me, Ed." I whispered, I then remembered the last time I said that, whenever we went to the mall with Chrissy and Jason.

Before Jess came to fucking ruin everything. It felt like. I should listen to Chrissy, I should make him mine.

I should've made him mine when I had the chance before.