82) 𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓯-𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮

{A FEW DAYS LATER... August 10}

-Eddie POV-
I laid beside Ariel in the grass of the large field, her middle school friends behind us, If only I could remember their names. I don't remember why we came up here with them, but Ariel and I were basically alone.

She caught my eye as she pulled chapstick out of her pocket, man, those shorts. She's honestly so damn beautiful.

Her hands then softly touched my face, her thumb brushing my lip. She grazed my lip again before kissing me. I could taste the strawberry chapstick on her lips.This feels like a dream.

"They can last without me, don't you think?" She whispered, " Come on, let's run away together." She giggled.

" You're crazy." I whispered before kissing her cheek, " So are you. We're meant to be." She whispered, she grabbed my hand and we ran down the hill and jumped the fence that was around the large field. We both laughed as I hit my ass on the top of the chainlink.

" That was easy! You're tall!" Ariel teased, " You know what else is easy?" I quickly grabbed her and threw her over my shoulder, my hands on the back of her thighs.

" Eddie!" She repeatedly hit the back of my shoulder before I set her down by the side of her car.

"How am I here right now?" I thought to myself, not realizing I had said it aloud. But really, how? This beautiful, talented girl, full of kindness, who is adored by all of our peers, is here with me, the freak. I still don't know if I'm fully convinced if I've been dreaming this whole time.

" What do you mean? How are you here?" She whispered, as she fiddled with a necklace that she had on. My necklace.

" You're wearing it." I stated, my heart melted when she looked up at me with that sparkling smile. " Of course I am, and I see you helped yourself to my scrunchies," she replied, lightly touching my wrist. She's really touchy, but I never want it to stop.

" You gave me this," She shook her head at me words, " No, I gave you the blue one, this is red, Eds." She giggled, I brought her hand that was holding mine to my lips, placing a soft kiss onto her knuckles.

Tenderly bringing her closer to me, I kissed her soft lips once again. I could still taste the chapstick. " What do you say? Ice cream?" I questioned. She smiled, " Yeah, Baskin-Robbin's?"

" You're my type of girl. " I told her as my lips curved into a smirk. She wrapped her arms around my neck and leaned closer, " Can you drive?" She whispered, tracing her fingers against my neck. She dropped her arms to grab her keys out of her pocket, dropping them into my hands.

I found myself staring at her as she opened the car door, "Time's ticking, big boy." She teased with that dazzling smile. Though it was warm outside, I felt my face heat up.

As I shut the door, she placed a hand on bicep. I turned to look at her and she smiled, " I have a surprise, well, I think I have a surprise. I know we'll both enjoy."

" And what is this surprise?" I questioned her, "If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise would it? It's something you probably don't have yet, it's something we've both been dying to hear, like really hear. Shit, I'm giving it away aren't I?"

" Is it music? Maybe tapes?" I asked as I started to drive, "I can't tell you! But it's familiar, really familiar. But you don't have it." She hinted. I shook my head and put the car in park as we reached Baskin-Robbin's.

She reached for the door handle but I stopped her, " Wait." I told her as I got out and ran to her side to open her door for her.

" My love," I held my hand out for her and she took as she always would, but it felt different this time. I broke out of my thoughts when I heard the car door close and I looked down at her.

" Come on." She took my hand and led me to the door. The bell chimed as we walked through the door.

" Welcome in!" The employee called from behind the counter. " Mind if we split one? Ariel asked me, We settled on mint chocolate chip.

We sat up into the higher chairs, that were by the windows. I watched as she stuck the spoon into the large cup of ice cream.

I've always wondered how one person could have so much beauty, sometimes she seems unreal.

" What?" She teased in a coo, her eyes soft and her warm hands tenderly touching mine.

"You're just pretty." I whispered against her ear before kissing her forehead. She then leaned closer to me and returned the kiss, but this time on my cheek. Can this just last forever?

Her eyes continued to gaze at mine, before she fully leaned in and kissed me. Shes so perfect. Just so damn perfect.

"Oh! Hey Eddie!" I turned to look towards the direction of which I heard my name being called, Ariel looked over my shoulder and rolled her eyes before pulling me back to her.

Her hands were delicately holding both sides of my cheeks, she leaned in again and kissed my lips.

I returned the gesture and she tilted her head in attempt to deepen it. I instinctively wrapped my arms around her waist from where she was sitting. I was going to lift her from her seat and onto my lap, when I heard the bell of the door, reminding me we were in a public place, I pulled away.

Ariel looked at me like I was crazy, the her face softened, she grabbed the cherry off of the ice cream and ate it while making eye contact.

"It's probably half melted by now," she stated, stirring her spoon into the ice cream cup.

I stabbed my spoon into it and begin to eat it with her.  She then suddenly smiled as she continued to eat. When we finished I got up to throw away the cup and she came with me.

" Let's get home now, I wanna show you my surprise. Well half surprise!" Ariel took my hand and led me out of the door to her car.

We drove to her house and she excitedly jumped out of the car and took me by the hand into her house, she practically ran up the stairs to her room.

She opened her dresser and pulled out a plastic bag from it. " So, I pulled a few strings, and I got us these, " she pulled out a cassette tape and a vinyl of Theatre of Pain.

" I was thinking, maybe we could listen to it together? I know you've heard most of it but-" She started.

" Holy shit, where did got find them? Gareth just checked Sam Goody last week." I explained with excitement in my voice. Ariel took the vinyl into her hand and began to peel the plastic protective lining off of the cover. She delicately took it out, and walked over to her record player in the corner of her room.

She smiled and sat beside me on the edge of her bed, " This is a fuckin' awesome half-surprise, sweetheart." I told her, finding myself staring at her again, she grabbed my hand and kissed it softly.

" Just for you, Eds."