33) " 𝓘'𝓶 𝓼𝓸 𝓰𝓵𝓪𝓭 𝓘'𝓶 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾."

The next morning, June 23, '85
-Eddie POV-
I woke to the sound of pots and pans rattling, I opened my eyes and looked up to see Ariel in the kitchen, with a pan in one hand, and a carton of eggs in the other. I watched as she started to cook, as I studied her gently movements, I realized that she still had my shirt on. I slowly got up and walked to the kitchen. When I got closer to her, I noticed her fingers tapping a beat on the counter as she cracked one of the eggs.

I walked behind her and hugged her, I buried my face into the space in between her neck and shoulder. She smelt really good, like caramel, or vanilla, something sweet.

She let out a giggle, " Hi Eddie." She said softly, I closed my eyes as she spoke, enjoying the pleasant sound of her voice. I moved myself closer to her, wrapping my arms tighter around her as I pressed my body against hers." Hi, love." I whispered in her ear, not wanting to talk to too loudly in her ear.

She placed a hand over mine, that was resting on her waist. She softly traced over my knuckles with her fingertips. I set my chin on her shoulder, so I could watch her cook. I felt her smile as our cheeks were now gently pressed together, she then flipped the egg in the pan, over easy eggs.

As she lifted her hand off of mine, I noticed that she had on the ring I had given her; I smiled once again at the fact she kept it.

" You still have my ring." I whispered again, "Oh, I thought I could keep it. Do you want it back?" She said, and I chuckled gently, " You can keep it, sweetheart. I just didn't expect you to actually wear it."  My smile grew as I spoke to her.

" Do you still have my scrunchie?" She asked, moving slightly to look up at me, that pretty little smile on her face. I kissed her neck lovingly, kissing over the marks I made last night. " Of course, it's in my van. I wouldn't want to loose it. It's special." Her smile got bigger if it was possible, and I kissed her cheek softly.

Her face warmed up after I kissed her, when she turned the stove off, and put the eggs on a plate. I let go of her so she could put the pan in the sink. I couldn't help but smile every time I looked at her, I was so proud that I scored Ariel Harrington; Hopefully, at some point, we'll be more than this ' friends with benefits' shit. Not that I don't love it...

I watched as she set two plates down on the table in the kitchen. She had another table in the room by the front door, I thought that one was the dining table. Man, she's got a lot of tables.

I sat down, waiting for her to sit beside me, "What do you want to drink?" She questions, walking to the fridge. " You don't have to do all that, doll. All I want is for you to come sit with me." I looked at her from the other side of the room, " Eddie, are you sure?" I playfully rolled my eyes, " Get your pretty little ass over here!"

She laughed lightly, before making her way back over to me." You're so pretty Eds." She told me as she sat beside me. I scooted my chair closer to hers, smiling widely at her compliment.

" You're prettier." I whispered in her ear. She laughed, that familiar beautiful smile spreading on her face, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink. Her eyes met mind for a sec seconds before she picked up her fork.

I picked up my fork to begin eating; Before I could take a bite, she placed her hand on mine, pushing the fork away from my mouth.She then, softly pressed her lips against mine.

It lasted a few seconds, before I pulled away. "Needy, huh?" I teased, she nodded while saying: " Maybe, just for you, though."

She scooted her chair closer, close enough that legs of the chairs were touching. There was only about an inch or two of space between us. She picked up her fork and began to eat, I did the same.

-Ariella POV-
I smiled at Eddie. He looked so gorgeous, just sitting there. So effortlessly beautiful. "Do you want to do anything today? Steve's not home.." I trailed off as I thought of things to do, there's not much in Hawkins.

" We could catch a movie at the mall." He suggested, " That's a good idea; Maybe somewhere else, though? I'm tired of seeing Starcourt every damn day. If I'm not working I'm shopping. I— sorry."

" What are you sorry for, my love?" He looked up at me, before taking his last bite of food. "Oh- nothing." I smiled when he took hold of my hand.

" I'll get that for you." He picked up our plates, and dropped them in the sink. " Need help washing?" He pointed to the dishes, " It's Steve's night tonight. Thank you for the offer, Eds." He smiled beautifully.

" Mind if we go back to sleep? It's kinda early." He questioned, " Yeah sure, we can do that. Just in my bed please because  the couch is a little uncomfortable." I stated, he stuck his hand out, I took it. He gently helped me up and pulled me close to him. He wrapped his other arm around me, still holding my hand in his.

He unexpectedly picked me up and started running up the stairs, he ran into my bedroom and jumped onto the bed with me still in his arms. " Eddie!" I shouted as I laughed loudly, he smiled again, that gorgeous smile. He starting pressing kisses all over my face in a loving manner. He pulled away after kissing the tip of my nose.

He laid down beside me, he stared into my eyes and I stared back. I smiled when I felt his arm on my waist, he slowly wrapped both arms around me and pulled me closer to him. " I'm so glad I'm here with you."

He whispered to me, I felt a grin form on my face, his words gave me that same feeling every time I was with him, butterflies.

" Me too, Eds." I scooted closer to him, our bodies pressed together, I felt his grip tighten, it felt as if he was trying to make sure I wouldn't leave. " I'm not going anywhere Ed." I whispered as I softly giggled.

" Promise me?" He set his chin on my shoulder, still looking at me. He kissed right below my ear,  "I promise." I moved his bangs so I could kiss his forehead, I pressed a few kisses before putting his hair back in place.

I begun to feel tired as I felt the warmth that Eddie gave off, he's so warm. I scooted down so I could put my head on his chest.

" You're so gorgeous, y' know that?" He spoke slightly louder than before, "Thank you, Eddie. You're gorgeous too." I told him, I looked up into his eyes, he was already looking right back down at me.

" You're definitely more gorgeous." He told me, along with a kiss on the nose, " You're definitely the most gorgeous." I replied, I kissed his lips softly, he melted into it, I pulled away and he kissed me back.

I wrapped one arm around his waist, hugging him. "Are you warm enough?" He asks, about to put another blanket over us, "Yeah." I closed my eyes, I placed a kiss on his neck and he kissed the top of head, I guess this is our thing now.

" Sleep well, my darling."