76) 𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓴𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

{includes sensitive topics, resumed from prior chapter, Hawkins Family Skate Rink}

-Ariella POV-
" Eddie you tied them wrong," I told him  and he dramatically sighed, "How? Every time I do it, you say it's wrong?" I pulled his foot into my lap he playfully kicked me and I hit his leg.

" If you don't tie it a certain way it'll hang out and you'll trip." I stated as I tied the rented skate onto his foot. "I'll probably end up busting my ass anyway." He shrugged sarcastically.

I set his foot down when I was done, I stood up and caught my balance on my skates. Eddie tried to stand up with me and fell back onto the bench.

" Come on." I held my hand out for him, he took it and I grabbed his waist to balance him. " How do you do this again?" He asked shyly, gripping onto my shoulder. 

" Bend your knees a little, it helps with balance." He bent his knees, he chuckled before he looked back up at me for the next instruction.

" Then you just push off, shift your weight onto the foot you don't push off of. Do you wanna try it together?" I asked him, he nodded and we started together.

He again laughed, " Man, I probably look like a fool." He muttered, "No! Eddie that was good!" He looked at me with raised eyebrows, " Really?"

" Yes! Try it again! Keep going!" I encouraged and he listened and skated about ten feet before stopping and looking over his shoulder at me, I quickly skated towards him.

" Eddie that was so good!" I cheered while I grabbed his hands, "You're a natural," Billy's plan then popped into my head. I leaned closer to Eddie and pressed a kiss to his lips. " Way better than I was when I started." I whispered against his lips, he pulled away, his hands finding their way on the sides of my hips.

" There's no way, pretty girl, no way." He flirted back, "Oh, Eddie. Come on." I giggled and led him to skate around the rink with me.

"I can't believe I'm here with you, doing this." He teased, " Oh and what do you mean by 'This' you know you wanted to do this. You said you would-" My voice stopped. My breath got shorter. My heart almost stopped.

My mind was blank as I saw Nathan skating with a few other people I hadn't recognized. I almost screamed when his eyes turned to me.

He smirked and then skated towards me, Eddie doesn't recognize him. " Well boys, look who it is. Our favorite girl." Nathan laughed along with the crowd behind him.

When I didn't respond he proudly said, " I'll chat with you later, darlin'." Nathan and his friends then skated away.

" Ariel, who was that?" I heard Eddie but my mind was blank, I felt as if I was in sleep paralysis, I don't know what to say, I don't know what to- I don't know!

" Ariel," Eddie tapped my shoulder, I felt as if I had woken up, " Yeah?" I said loudly and panicked, I then realized my volume and tried to speak quietly.

" Did you hear me, who was that?" He asked but he said it in a way that was familiar, too familiar.

"It's nobody! Let's have fun!" I insisted but I already knew he wasn't going to believe it. " Sweetheart, are you okay?" I first ignored Eddie's question.
We're here to have fun, stop worrying about him. We're here to have fun stop worrying about him. I repeated in my head.

Everytime we would skate around the rink, Nathan would be right there. Behind us, beside us. I can't stop thinking about it.

I skated to one of the exits on the side of the rink. "Where are you going?" Eddie said, " Uh- I'll be back. How about you get us some drinks!" I told him before I skated off into the restroom.

***
Nathan backed me into a corner of his bedroom. " You're such a bitch." he mumbled.

" Where the fuck were you? You were supposed to be here! Here, at 4:30. It's 7:00, Ariella, Where the hell were you!" Nathan yelled,

"I was at Chrissy's!" I replied, terrified.
I felt a hard slap against my face, that's the third time he's hit me. He got close to my face, I could smell the alcohol on his breath, he's drunk again.

" Oh really? How come when I called, her mom told me you weren't there. I'll give you one more chance to tell the truth."

I felt tears sting in my eyes, " Stop fucking crying! You did this shit to yourself!" I hate it when he's drunk, he's - like Dad. " I- I" I started but I couldn't get the words out.

" I-I" Nathan mocked, "Where the hell were you?" " I'm sorry! I really am! I didn't to be there that long! I was just hanging with with friends!" I sobbed and he grabbed my wrist.

" Just admit you were with Billy Hargrove. Fucking him behind my back like the whore you are. You're so fucking pathetic, you know that? "
***

I felt myself cry, I tried to calm down, I'm safe, I'm safe. No I'm not! What if he tries to get me alone? What if he hurts Eddie?  I need to get out there before he tries anything, I already know what he's going to do, I don't want him doing anything to Eddie. What if Eddie turns out that way?

I splashed water on my faces from the pastel blue sink, it reminded me of my own which was pastel pink.  I tried to focus on the color of the sink to distract myself, but it really wasn't working.

I jumped when I heard a voice, " Ariel? Oh my god! What are you doing here?" Nancy Wheeler's voice filled my ears. She was like my second best friend, too bad I couldn't hang out with her all summer. She's been too busy.

" Oh, what's wrong?" She walked over to me, I looked up to see her wearing a green and blue dress with a matching head band.

" I- I'm okay. It's just hormones." I thought of an excuse that I know she'd understand. " Okay. Do you need anything? I have stuff in my purse?" She said as she unzipped her purse.

"Oh no, Nance, I'm okay. Thank you. Did you happen see a guy with like dark shoulder length hair and an Iron Maiden t-shirt?" I asked to see if Eddie was okay.

" Oh, yeah I did. He was buying food I think." She smiled; I felt my mood lighten while talking to Nancy.  "I hate to leave, but I really have to get back to work. I was just coming to get Mike and his friends. I'll make sure to call you when I get the chance, bye Ariel." Nancy said as she walked out.

I followed her, considering I didn't want to walk out alone. " I was looking for you." Eddie said and I jumped. When I realized it was his voice, I felt slightly more comfortable.

" Bye Ari." Nancy said as Mike, Dustin and Lucas followed her, the three of them waved.

"Hey, uh- you alright?" Eddie asked me, I nodded anxiously and sat beside him on the bench, " Here, I got you some Fanta. You mentioned like go liked it." He smiled, while he begun to eat his nachos.

-Eddie POV-
" Strawberry?" Ariel mumbles, I leaned closer to her slowly so I wouldn't scare her. She's been crying. " Yep. That's what you like, right?" A smiled crept onto her face.

" Yeah, it is."