Chapter 3

Lee Mansion the next morning

"You boys are up early I see." said Mr. Lee, head of the Lee family business firm.

"Good morning dad." said the Lee brothers in unison. Lee Minho, the eldest son and Felix, the youngest. "It's such a nice day we decided to get up early and make the most of it." said Felix.

"Will you be having breakfast with us dad?" asks Minho "No son, I'm not" says Mr. Lee "I have some matters to at the firm and very important meeting with Mr. Bang."

Mr. Bang is Mr. Lee's best friend and business partner. Felix frowns and Minho sighs, almost expecting this to happen again. Mr. Lee is a workaholic, so hardly ever spends any time with his sons.

"What about mom?" asks Felix "No son, she had the servants bring her breakfast in bed." said Mr. Lee. Felix frowns even more.

"As she always does." Minho muffled under his breath loud enough for Felix to hear. Their mother was not an active figure in their lives despite living all under the same roof. She was too busy living the life of luxury to pay attention to her own sons. "What was that Minho?" asks Mr. Lee.

Minho's eyes widened a little "Nothing dad." he says shaking his head. Minho was very frustrated with how little attention their mother gave them.

It's not like they're little kids anymore and want attention 24/7 but just simple gestures like "How are you doing boys?" or even a simple "I love you." Nothing. Their mother wouldn't exist and it would change nothing in the brother's lives.

Mr. Lee gave Minho one of those looks. "Alright, well I'm off. You boys behave and don't come home late if decide to go out."

"Ok dad." The boys say in unison. "Behave?" Minho lightly scoffs as soon as their dad leaves "What does he think we are, 8? It's not like we're gonna rob a bank or something."

Felix lightly punches his brother on the shoulder. "Lino!" he says smirking at Minho.

"What?" says Minho rubbing his shoulder pretending like it hurt "You know he still treats us like children Lix. Despite the fact we're both in our 20s." Felix knods in agreement. "I know, but he just worries about us. That's all." he says.

"Well I wish he wouldn't worry so much to the point where it feels like he's babying us." Minho says as he folds his arms "Which reminds me, Lix, your birthday is coming up soon."

"Yeah it is." Felix says happily. You could almost see his eyes sparkling. But then his expression saddens a bit. "And mom and dad will probably be too busy to celebrate with us, again." Their dad would certainly be busy, but their mother would have absolutely no interest.

Seeing how his brother was starting to get sad, Minho put his hand on Felix's shoulder. "Don't be sad Lix." he says "Why don't we do something different this year?"

"Like what?" asked Felix "Well, we could get up really early and spend to whole day eating out." says Minho.

"Breakfast, lunch and dinner?" says Felix "Duh" says Minho sarcastically "That is what the whole day means. And heck, maybe even dessert. And Chan and Seungmin can join us too."

Bang Christopher Chan and his stepbrother Kim Seungmin. The Lee brothers have known Chan since they were babies. They practically grew up together since his dad is best friends with their dad. That and because their mother would drop them off at his family's mansion every chance she got.

Seungmin entered the picture when Chan was around 10, after his father remarried after the sudden death of his mother. At first Chan wasn't fond of his father remarriage, but that changed when he met Seungmin. He was so sweet and kind, and it was that, that won him over.

"That would be amazing!" said Felix. What better way to spend his birthday than with his brother and best friends hanging out and having fun?

Minho and Felix loved spending time with Chan and Seungmin. The 4 of them were very down-to-earth, unlike their other acquaintances who were pretty much the stereotypical spoiled rich snobs like the ones you see on t.v. At times it always felt like it was them against the world.

"Well, what do wanna do today Lix?" Minho asks. Felix strokes his chin pensively "Why don't we meet up with Chan and Seungmin and go do, stuff. Something. You know how much we don't like being cooped up here all day."

"You got that right." says Minho. "Come on, let's go."

"Ok!" says Felix "Let's see where the day takes us!" And with that, the 2 brothers got from the dining room table and left to off their day.