Chapter 72

Chan and Changbin made it home just in time for the tournament to begin.

"You guys made it!" Jisung said excitedly. "We're just getting warmed up here."

They could see Hyunjin fighting against Minho in the game. They could tell this was gonna be one of those "separating the boys from the men" moment. Also observing the 2 playing, they also took note that when it comes to fighting games, there's usually 2 kinds of people, the button mashers, and the experts who can pull of insane combos.

If there's one thing Changbin knew about the Hwang brothers is that they're very competitive when it comes to video games. Especially Jisung, he always gives it his all and he doesn't like to lose.

"So how many games are gonna be in this tournament?" Changbin asked.

"Three." said Jisung. "The latest Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters and Street Fighter."

As Jisung and Felix were drawing the tournament brackets, they came across a problem, in order to make it work there was only enough room for 8 players, 4 on each side. So it meant that 2 people had to sit it out.

"I'll pass." Changbin volunteered.

"Binnie?" Jisung said, being taken off guard. "That's so not like you to pass up on a tournament."

"It's ok." said Changbin. "I spent a lot of time with my folks and I just wanna relax."

"Well if Binnie isn't playing, neither am I." said Chan, as he put his arm around Changbin. "Besides, someone has to keep these kids in check."

"You are you calling kids?" Jeongin asked, pretending to be offended.

"It's ok my little fox." Seungmin said, playing with his boyfriend's hair. "Those 2 seem to be taking their roles a little too seriously."

"Watch it Kim." Chan said, looking directly at Seungmin. "Don't make me pick you up and throw in the swimming pool."

Seungmin just sticks his tongue out at Chan. "See, you just proved my point Seungmin." Chan said. "Me and Binnie are the oldest ones of our groups, so yeah, we're basically the parents."

"So does that mean Changbin is gonna wear a dress?" Jisung teased.

"Keep it up Ji." said Changbin.

Wooyoung and San simply sat back enjoying the banter between friends. They truly missed these moments with Hongjoong and the others. They didn't care of being labeled "kids" by Chan and Changbin. They were just happy to belong.

After Jisung and Felix finished the brackets for the 3 games, they then chose who would go up against who. And so that they had no bias, they wouldn't have the boyfriends fight against each other. In the end, bracket A was Hyunjin, Wooyoung, Jisung and Seungmin. While bracket B was Felix, Jeongin, San and Minho. It would be the same for all 3 games, since Chan and Changbin would be sitting the entire tournament out.

With the tournament underway, the spectators ate the snacks that they bought while they waited their turn. Changbin even acted as the commentator, just to keep things interesting.

It was a pretty fierce competition between all the boys. Chan and Changbin have never seen them all so focused and determined. The only time they ever saw them like that is when they were training. By the time the final fight of the first game came it was between Jisung and Felix, with Hyunjin coming in third place.

The 2 of them battled it out with Jisung coming out on top. "Yes!" he said. "I still got it!"

"I almost had you Sungie." Felix said.

"Almost isn't enough." Jisung said, feeling very cocky.

"Careful squirrel," Minho said. "Lix is pretty competitive himself."