Chapter 60

The boys all met Joel in the dining area, where they had an amazing 3 course meal. After they finished, Joel had some things to discuss with them.

"I'm planning on sending you back to Seoul soon." he said. "I know you must all be homesick, and your servants must be worried about you. Even now after word is out on the disappearance of your parents."

"Oh my God." said Minho. "I almost forgot. What happened to our moms?"

"They, were killed." said Joel. "I'm sorry."

Both the Lee and Bang brother's eyes widened and got teary-eyed. "What happened to them?" Felix asked.

"They were killed on that day." said Joel. "The day Hyunjin was killed. It was by the bodyguards of other rival drug lords. Drug lords that were both angry about continuous failed drug deals, and the fact that word got out about Bang's obsession with finding the 'superhumans'. They all thought he was going mad and decided to go after him, his family, and anyone else close to him. That's also why Mrs. Lee was caught in the crosshairs of it all."

"You can revive them, right?" Minho asked.

"I can." said Joel. "However, it's not gonna be easy."

"Why not?" Felix asked. "You revived Hyunjin and Wooyoung so easily. Why not our moms?"

"Because their souls were still roaming around." Joel said. "The Flames of Resurrection can put a soul back in the person's body. However, if that soul has already crossed over, it's a bit more, complicated."

"How's that?" Jeongin asked.

"It means that someone must die in their place." Joel says, causing everyone's eyes to widen. "Once a person has been killed, the soul will be pulled from Heaven and back into the living world, and replace the soul of the recently deceased. However, instead of simply swapping places, the Flames will burn the soul away, making way for the soul of the one you wish to revive."

"By burn away," Hyunjin said. "You mean..."

"Complete obliteration of the soul." said Joel. "Basically, the soul will cease to exist. It won't go to Heaven, Hell, Limbo, anywhere. It'll be erased from history. Not even reincarnated in another life, if you believe in that sort of thing."

"That's insanity." Minho said.

"It is." said Joel. "That's a price to pay for someone who's long dead, or recently crossed over. And I hadn't even acquired that power yet when it happened. My main focus was ressurecting Hyunjin. And I also did Wooyoung because his soul was still in our world, and because I believe he deserved a second chance."

Wooyoung and San held hands tightly. "I'm forever grateful for that." San said. "I don't think I could've gone on living without my Wooyoung."

Wooyoung kisses his boyfriend on the cheek. "And I'm glad that you felt that I deserved a second chance." he said. "I won't mess up this opportunity you gave me."

"You're welcome." said Joel "So, what's it gonna be?" he looks at the Lee and Bang brothers as he asks this. "Do you still want me to ressurect your mothers?"

"Can you give us a moment?" Minho asks as he gets out of his seat and signals for Felix, Chan and Seungmin to join him.

"Of course." said Joel. "Take all the time you need."

The 4 huddled up together and discussed their options, should they sacrifice 2 random people to give their mothers a second chance at life, or should everything remain as is? Even though they're mothers were hardly ever there for them, they were still their mothers. But they ultimately came to a decision.

"We've decided not to bring them back." Minho says. "Too many people have died as is. And we don't want any more blood spilled if we can avoid it."

"As you wish." says Joel. "By the way, I find quite interesting that your father was against you being with Hyunjin, Felix."

"Why is that?" Felix asked.

"You're mom was just a simple 'peasant' as well." Joel said, while handing Felix some pictures of his mother before she married Mr. Lee. "Your father took quite a liking to her. But his parents weren't so thrilled about it."

"Now that you mention it, we never knew our grandparents." said Minho. "They died before we were born."

"They 'mysteriously' disappeared." said Joel."

Something in the way he said, mysteriously made Felix furrow his brow. "What are you implying?" he asked.

"Well," said Joel. "Your dad has his sights set on someone below his social class, his parents aren't happy about it, then they suddenly disappear. I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together."

Felix, realizing what he meant, covers his mouth, as a few tears slide down his cheeks. Minho on the other hand, maintains his composure and puts his arm around his brother, comforting him. Chan and Seungmin also comfort Felix as well. The rest of the boys join in a big group hug.

After giving the group time to process what they just learned, Joel proposes something. "Why don't you all go outside and have some fun?" he suggests. "You've all been here for a while and haven't even been outside yet. So go on, stretch your legs and do whatever you like."

The boys all seem to agree, as they all head outside to have some much needed fun. Once outside they boys take quick observation of a few things. "Wow!" Jisung says excitedly. "This place is massive!"

The area they're in is a massive open field that seems to stretch for miles and miles. Trees and mountains all around, and various types of animals in different environments. It's like nothing they've ever seen before. But they also took note of something else they obviously saw.

"Why is the grass purple?" Jeongin asked. Everywhere they looked, the grass was purple, but the leaves on the trees were the colors you'd expect on them.

"I have no idea." said Seungmin. "But what does it really matter? Let's have some fun!"

"Race you!" said Jisung. "Let's see who can make it to those mountains in the distance."

"Oh you're on!" Seungmin said, as the 2 took off.

"Hey!" Hyunjin shouted. "Wait for us!"

With that, the 8 boys gave chase to the squirrel and dog, who already had a head start. All 10 of them just ran without a care in care world, just being kids and having fun.

"I'm gonna win!" Jisung said.

"Don't speak so soon." said Seungmin, although he could tell the younger was gaining on him. So he decided to pick up the pace. More and more, he ran faster and faster, until he couldn't see anyone around him anymore.

Jisung stopped in his tracks, as did everyone else. "Did you see that?!" Jisung said. "Look how fast Minnie is running! He did it! He got his powers!"

"Yeah." said Hyunjin. "But he can't stop!"

A/N Well, it finally happened, Seungmin got his powers, super speed! What do you all think? See you next chapter!