Special Chapter 3

Joel POV a few days before Jisung's birthday

Cindy and I had just finished putting an end to yet another deal between Mr. Lee and Mr. Bang with other potential buyers.

Dead bodies lay everywhere, some sliced apart, others burned to death. We look around for any survivors, finding a couple hear and there. Cindy takes care of them quickly, stabbing them to death with the blade of her newly acquired weapon, The Witchblade.

 Cindy takes care of them quickly, stabbing them to death with the blade of her newly acquired weapon, The Witchblade

A powerful weapon that's been around for eons. It's had thousands upon thousands of hosts, all female. And Cindy is the latest one. She was chosen by it. Yes the Witchblade is alive and chooses its host. Should anyone it doesn't deem worthy of it, or tries it on, it'll simply chop off the person's arm off.

"Another job well executed, no pun intended." I say. "You're new 'companion' seems to grown attached to you, also no pun intended."

"Don't quit your day job Joel." Cindy smirks. "But yes, this weapon is amazing. I can't believe it chose me to weild it."

"The Witchblade does choose its host." I say. "It saw great potential in you. Plus it also came with that living body armor."

Her body armor.

"Speaking of great potential," says Cindy

"Speaking of great potential," says Cindy. "Do you plan on making your presence known to them yet?"

"Yes." I say. "I do. 2 of their birthdays are coming up soon. We'll conveniently put ourselves somewhere where they can see us, and then we'll introduce ourselves."

"You don't think Hyunjin and Jisung will recognize you? I mean, you didn't mask your voice on that night." said Cindy.

"They were too scared and frazzled to think straight." I say. "They were more concerned about getting out there as quickly as possible."

I look around at all the dead bodies around us. "First things first, let's dispose of these bodies." I use my fire powers and incinerate all the bodies in the area. The flames are so intense that when they subside, nothing is left but ashes. "Much better. Come let's go back home, there's still much to do." I open a portal, Cindy and I step through it and go back to our home base. "Now to find where the Flames of Resurrection are."

An abandoned construction site on the outskirts of town

About a dozen or so homeless people are being beaten and tortured by men in suits. These men work for Mr. Lee and Mr. Bang. Among the men is Wooyoung and Choi San, Mr. Bang's personal bodyguard.

Wooyoung and San are observing for any progress that Mr. Bang is looking for. Anyone with latent powers. So far all the other they've 'experimented' on with vicious stress tests have failed. Mr. Bang tells them they have to put the targets under great physical, mental, and/or emotional stress to get a result. Even if it means torturing someone and making their loved one watch, to see if they get some sort of reaction. But so far, all have failed.

"God, I don't think I can take much more of this." Wooyoung says to San. "Look at what we've become. I can't even sleep well at night anymore."

"I know baby." says San. "But what can we do? You know what will happen to us if we defy them." San takes Wooyoung's hand while the others are busy beating on the homeless. "And you know what will happen if they discover about us."

"I know." says Wooyoung. "This isn't what I signed up for. I thought I'd be doing a service, but here we are, kidnapping homeless people and having them beat up."

"I know." says San. "Mr. Bang has become insane. He keeps searching for these, chosen ones with supernatural powers. I don't know what will if he ever gets to encounter any of them."

"I don't even want to know." says Wooyoung. "I'm more concerned about what will happen to us. I can't keep my feelings towards you hidden anymore. I just wanna say 'fuck it' and just leave with you. Away from all of this."

"Me too baby." says San. "I..." San is interrupted by someone approaching, quickly causing Wooyoung and San to let go of each other's hands.

"Well, anything?" says Mr. Bang.

"No sir. Nothing." says San. "Our men have spent hours on them and none of them have shown any hint of powers."

"Damn!" says Mr. Bang. "Then they're of no use to me." He looks at San and Wooyoung. "You know what to do."

"Yes sir." says San as Mr. Bang walks towards his car and drives off. San and Wooyoung give the order and all the homeless people are lined up and shot, execution style. They both look away from the massacre. They've both seen enough innocent blood spilled to last them 2 lifetimes.

"What are we gonna do San?" Wooyoung asks, a look of helplessness and defeat in his face. "What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know." says San. "All I know is that I don't want to lose you." The 2 want to hug so desperately, but they can't, let they arouse suspicion. They both wish they put and end to this nightmare that's now become their life.

A/N Oh my God, over 7K reads! Thank you all so much! I never expected to get so much love and support. Also I recently finished a short horror story with a little Hyunlix and Minsung sprinkled in. Please check it out. See you next chapter!