Chapter 49

"You all need each other." says Joel. "Each of you are strong individually. With your soulmate, you can surpass your limits. But with the 8 of you combined, you'll be unstoppable."

"You said these Sisters control the Threads of Life," Changbin asks. "You mean they could've killed us whenever they wanted?"

"Technically they're not supposed to." says Joel. "The thread is only supposed to be cut when the person naturally reaches the end of their life. But yes, they can cut the thread prematurely if they choose, even though it's forbidden."

"It seems they were willing to break the rules." Hyunjin said.

"They were." says Joel. "But I stopped them."

"I still can't believe you would've threatened to end more life on Earth to be born simply because of us." says Jeongin.

"Innie, I'm sure he was trying to scare them." says Seungmin. "You were trying to scare them, right?"

"I was." says Joel. "I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a monster. Even though some may perceive me as one."

"Is there anything else we should know about these Sisters?" Minho asks.

"They're all sisters of Moros, the God of Doom." says Joel

"A god?" Minho asks. "Are you for real? I mean, having powers is one thing, but now we're talking about gods too?"

"Yes." says Joel. "There's a lot that all of you don't know. I know it's a lot to take in, but the reason that they fear you is because of a prophecy that told that 8 humans with an unbreakable bond would become powerful enough to overthrow the gods themselves."

All of the boys mouths almost dropped to the floor upon hearing this. They all looked at each other with confusion, and a little bit of fear as well.

"All of us, powerful enough to take down gods?" Hyunjin asked. "That's a bit much don't you think?"

"You'd be surprised what you're capable of." said Joel. "But please don't worry. I'm not here to train you for some upcoming war against the gods, or anything of that nature."

This brings a sense of relief to the 8 boys, who are glad that they're not going to embark on some crazy journey.

"I don't care about some prophecy." says Joel. "All I care about is your well-being. I want to train you to control your powers, so that you can live a normal life. Or as normal as a life as possible with having supernatural powers."

The boys all look at each other once more, before looking to Joel and nodding in agreement. "Ok." Hyunjin says. "We agree for you to help us."

"Good." says Joel. He looks over to Chan who, despite Changbin's best efforts to calm him down, still looks very anxious. "Is there something wrong Chan?" Clearly he knows there's something wrong, he just wants Chan to say it.

"I'm fine." says Chan. But Joel can see right thru him.

"Chan..." Joel begins, but is quickly interrupted.

"I said I'm fine!" Chan snaps, but instantly regrets it as he covers his mouth in shame. "I-I'm sorry!"

"Channie." Changbin says as he puts his arm around Chan and squeezes tightly. All the boys look at Chan wide-eyed. They've never seen him like this before, especially Seungmin.

"Clearly you're not." Joel says as he sits up. "Come with me Chan." He motions Chan to follow him. "You too Changbin." They both look at Joel for a second before getting up and following him.

"Where are you taking him?" Seungmin asks, concerned about his stepbrother. "And Changbin too."

"Don't worry," says Joel, reassuring them that everything is going to be ok. "I'm going to help Chan, trust me."