Bonus Story Part 1: Fractured Timeline

A/N Even though the main story of The Chosen Ones is finished (at least until the sequel), there's still something that needs to be told. The aftermath of the battle between Stray Kids & Ateez with Moros, and what it caused. This story will take place some time after the others return home, but before the 1 year time skip. This will be a long bonus story that will be in several parts, but not long enough to be a separate story. I hope you enjoy.

Joel POV

It's been a couple of days since the fight against Moros. All should be fine, but why do I feel so uneasy? Something just feels, off, some strange energy I feel. Cindy isn't here right now, she's busy in other parts of the world doing missions for me. So I have to investigate this on my own.

I teleport myself to the source of the energy, and to my not-so surprise, it's coming from the constitution site, or what's left of it. Nothing stands here now but a giant crater. Ground zero of the fight between Stray Kids and Ateez, then, against Moros himself.

I remember that the energy blast that defeated Moros sent a pillar of energy up to the sky. So that's where I'll investigate.

I fly straight up into the sky, rather quickly I might add. I also make myself invisible, for obvious reasons. As I make myself higher and higher, I still don't see anything, but I can feel the energy getting stronger the higher up I go.

Eventually I'm so high up that I'm almost up in space. I shift into my astral form, so that I can breathe easily in space, and it's there that I see it. It looks like an aurora borealis but with sparks shooting out of it.

This is unnatural, it shouldn't be here. Still, I let my curiosity get the better of me. I fly into this anomaly, emerging from the other side, I come face-to-face with a shocking sight.

 I fly into this anomaly, emerging from the other side, I come face-to-face with a shocking sight

Countless planet Earth's, one after the other, as far as eye can see. It's an overwhelming sight to say the least. As I gather my thoughts, I came to the realization that this the Nexus. A gateway to endless possible timelines. Each planet is a different timeline, a different reality altogether. It's a terrifying, yet intoxicating feeling seeing all the possible alternate realities that exist. But, I shouldn't be here, I shouldn't interfere with the course of these timelines. Then again, the gods shouldn't have interfered either. And maybe this wouldn't come to be.

As I'm about to return to my own timeline, I hear it; a cry of pain, of ultimate suffering. Such crying and suffering is almost enough to drive someone mad. But then, I hear a voice attached to cries of pain and suffering.

"Felix!" the voice says. "My Felix! My angel!"

Almost immediately I recognize the voice, Hwang Hyunjin. But not my Hyunjin, but rather a different timeline, and his Felix is dead. I try to push it back and return to my own, but the crying persistently gets louder in my head, and I can't block it out. Sometime I hate having empathic abilities. I can feel this Hyunjin's pain as if it were my own. I can't take much more of it.