Chapter 37

"J-Jisung?!" Minho says, with a look of shock and concern in his face. "How did you do that?"

"I-I don't know!" Jisung says, frightened. His hands are trembling as he sees electricity crackling from his fingertips. He looks at Minho. "I'm scared. What's happening to me?"

Minho immediately hugs Jisung in an attempt to calm him down. It works, as the electricity coming from his fingers subsides.

"He's one of them!" Mr. Bang says, voice full of excitement. It makes the boys uncomfortable. "This is incredible!"

"Dad, what the Hell are you talking about?!" says Chan.

"Oh Chan," his father says. "How long I've waited for this moment. All those experiments finally paid off. I finally found a super powered! There's more out there, I know!"

"Experiments?!" Changbin says. "I don't know what the fuck you're trying to do, but Jisung's a human being, not some lab rat!" Chan puts his arms around him, trying to calm him down.

"Someone like you could never understand what this breakthrough means." says Mr. Bang. "Oh what this will do for us!"

"I don't care if this end world hunger!" says Changbin. "Leave Jisung alone!" Anger boils up inside of him, like a streaming pot of boiling water, ready to explode. Seeing Hyunjin's lifeless body, seeing what's happening to Jisung, makes him feel like he's failed them as a friend. He was supposed to protect them, now one of them is dead, and other might get experimented on. "You miserable piece of...Argh!"

"Bin?!" says Chan. "Changbin, what's wrong?!"

Changbin grabs his head in pain. He starts to hear voices, everywhere, in his head! "God! I can hear everything! Oh God make it stop!" He's getting overwhelmed by the never-ending barrage of voices. Like a million people speaking all once, trying to get his attention.

"Binnie what's wrong?!" Jeongin says. "Somebody help him!"

Chan puts his arms around Changbin. "It's ok Bin!" Chan says. "Bin, I got you! Stay with me ok?" It seems to work, as the voices subside, for the most part. At the moment, there's a voice that sticks out like a beacon.

"You!" Changbin says, pointing at Mr. Lee. "You killed Hyunjin in cold blood! You told him Felix killed himself! You broke him! Killed his will to live!" Changbin still has 1 hand on his head, trying to focus and not get overwhelmed again.

Felix, for the first time in while, speaks to his father. "Is this true dad?" he says without tearing his gaze away from Hyunjin. "Answer me!"

"He won't Lix." Changbin says. "He'll never admit it. That, or the drug deals."

"What?!" Minho, Chan and Seungmin all say in unison.

"Bin, what are you talking about?" Chan says. "What drug deals?"

Changbin puts his other hand on Chan's shoulder. "Channie," he says. "Him, and your dad, have been selling drugs for years! Lately, deals have been going bad, as someone's killing their men on both sides." Chan can already feel more tears running down his cheeks.

Chan turns to face his dad. "Dad, what's he talking about?!" he demands. "And what's happening to him, to Jisung?!"

"Chan," says Mr. Bang. "He's another one of them. This is truly an amazing day!"

"And what about the drugs?!" Chan says. "You've and Lee have been selling drugs?! For how long?!"

"For years now." His father said simply, and Chan's heart sank. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, he didn't want to believe it. But there was no denying that his father's change in behavior and attitude lately started to make more sense now.