Chapter 82

The portal opens at the abandoned construction site. To the place where it all began. The death and subsequent ressurection of Hyunjin and Wooyoung, the awakening of  power for most of the boys. Where so much blood was spilled. And where Ateez disappeared, only to reemerge with powers.

Stray Kids approach where the 6 Ateez members are waiting for them.

"Let Channie and I do the talking." Changbin tells the others telepathically.

"So you've finally come." says Hongjoong. "I'm Hongjoong, leader of Ateez."

"Hongjoong?" says Chan. "I've heard about you. You were one of Mr. Park's personal bodyguards."

"As was I." says Seonghwa.

Hongjoong examines the Stray Kids closely. "Bang Christopher Chan, Kim Seungmin, Lee Minho and Lee Felix." he says. "Who would've imagined that the very flesh and blood of Bang and Lee would be among those superhumans Bang was constantly rambling about?"

"You know about that?" Seungmin asked.

"Of course we know." said Mingi. "That's all he would talk about. He'd lost focus on what the other drug lords wanted."

"And in turn, a lot of people lost their lives." said Yunho. "Including a lot of men from all sides. People we grew to like as friends."

"I'm sorry about your losses." Changbin said. "But that had nothing to do with us."

"You mean you didn't send that woman to kill us?" Jongho asks.

"Woman?" Changbin asks.

"Don't play dumb." says Seonghwa. "That woman with the strange body armor."

"Cindy?" Chan says. "She wasn't trying to kill you. She was trying to save you, all of you."

"As if we'd believe you." says Hongjoong. "We've been told how you can manipulate people."

"You're the ones being manipulated here." says Changbin. "The Moirae Sisters are simply using you to get to us."

"Because you're a threat to humanity." says Yeosang.

"No." says Chan. "Because they're afraid of us. They think we'll go to war with the gods, when that's not even our intention. We just want to live normal lives."

"What about those people you've all hurt?" says Mingi.

"We were defending ourselves." said Changbin. "They came onto us."

"And those women who got attacked?" says Yunho.

"That was all Cindy." said Chan.

Minho then thinks back about the incident with Ji Woo. Cindy wasn't even there, just him and Jisung. And Ji Woo suddenly disappeared. Maybe Cindy took care of her?

"And that woman you set on fire?" said Jongho.

"She tried to kill her son!" Jeongin shouted. Seungmin holds his hand to calm him down.

"Look," said Chan. "We're not who you think we are."

"Yeah." said Changbin. "Let's just all calm down and talk, ok?"

"There's nothing too talk about." Hongjoong said. "You're not gonna trick us."

"Channie, this doesn't look good." said Changbin thru thought. "They're not listening to reason, especially Hongjoong."

"I know." said Chan. "Let the others know to prepare for the worst."

With a nod, Changbin telepathically tells the others that they may be in for a fight. None of them are too happy with this, but they steel themselves anyway.