Chapter 81

The boys arrive at home base, with Joel already waiting for them. They all step out of their cars, mysterious stone in hand as they approach Joel.

"Joel!" says Chan. "Wooyoung and San, they're gone!"

"I know." says Joel. "I was sensing a strange power, but I couldn't pinpoint it. Something's been interfering with my ability to read minds. It all happened when Wooyoung and San left earlier in the morning."

Chan hands Joel the mysterious rock they found. "We found this on the site where Wooyoung and San last were." he says. "As well as this note."

Joel takes the note and reads the short message. "The place where it all began?"

"What does that mean?" Felix asks.

Joel gives it some thought. "It could be referring to the place where everything started happening."

"Wait." says Hyunjin. "Joel, you said that I was the first one who's power awoke. That was at my old house! What if they're there?"

"I highly doubt it Hyunjin." says Changbin. "As we were leaving, I checked up on my folks, and they're fine. Plus those security measures that were installed there are the same ones at home, so they're fine.

"Then where could they be talking about?" Jisung asks.

"If I had to guess, I'd say it was the place where most of your powers awoke." says Joel. "The abandoned construction site. It's also the same place where Ateez disappeared as well."

"Why does everything have to always lead back to that damned place?" Chan asked to no one in particular.

"I don't know." said Joel. "But I'm almost certain that's where they are."

"We also found this." Chan says as he hands Joel the rock.

Joel's eyes widen. "Where did you find this?" he says as he takes the rock from Chan's hand to examine it closer.

"We found it with the note." says Changbin. "When I touched it, I saw, visions. Other people with Ateez."

"What?" Joel says.

"I think it's a new power?" says Changbin.

"No." says Joel. "It's more, an evolution of your powers. It seems that you can touch an item, and know the history behind it. Where it's been, what it's used for, etc."

Joel extends his hand to Changbin with the rock in hand, as if offering it to him. "Changbin, put your hand on top of the rock." he says.

Changbin does as he's told, while Joel puts his other hand on top of Changbin's, sandwiching it. "Now close your eyes and concentrate." Joel tells Changbin.

They both close their eyes and concentrate on the rock. When they open their eyes again, they find themselves looking at past events associated with this strange rock.

They see the Moirae Sisters using the rock on Ateez, giving them powers of their own.

"Now you can fight those superhumans who've been causing pain and suffering to the people of Earth." says Clotho.

"Who are they?" Hongjoong asks. "What do they look like?"

Lachesis shows them thru a magical orb, who they're looking for. The boys are in for a shock.

"Impossible!" says Seonghwa. "The Lee brothers, and the Bang brothers are among them?!"

"Do you really think Bang knew about this?" Mingi asks.

"Who knows." says Hongjoong. "One thing's for sure, a lot of innocent people died to find them."

"Take this stone." Atropos says. "Contained within it is the power of the god Moros. Find your missing friends and convince them to join you. After all, they are your family."