Chapter 56

Jisung's training consisted of him learning to harness and control his electric powers. Joel had some special targets in mind, consisting of various robotic enemies, including humanoid, bipedal and quadrupleds.

Jisung made quick work of his robotic opponents, zapping them his electric powers until they short circuited and exploded. Joel sent a continuous wave of opponents of various sizes, and Jisung took them all out.

"This feels like a dungeon crawler game." Jisung said as he destroyed his last opponent.

"Glad to see you're having fun." said Joel. "But as you know, at some point, you have to face the final boss."

Almost on cue, a giant robot octopus materialized in the training arena. Even Jisung had to admit he was a bit intimidated by the sheer size of the beast. Even if it is just a robot.

Before Jisung could even react, the robot grabbed him with his tentacles, binding his arms so that he couldn't use his hands, and started to squeeze him

"Jisung!" Joel said. "You don't need your hands to channel your power! It flows through your body. Let it out!"

Jisung however, was struggling to focus. He was more concerned with trying to break free from the robo octopus's grasp.

"Squirrel, hang on!" Minho shouted. He couldn't stand there, watching his boyfriend, his soulmate in that predicament. His desire to help him, in any way he could caused his body to be filled with great power.

Almost on instinct, Minho shot a blast of ice from his hands that landed on the robot's eyes, temporarily blinding it. In shock, Minho looked at his hands, that were still radiating ice energy from them. "A new power?" he said. He quickly shook it off as he focused back to his task, protecting his squirrel. "Squirrel, I'm gonna help you!"

"Minho?" Jisung said. That was all he needed to get the inner strength he was looking for. "I'm not gonna lose." Electricity was forming all around his body. "I'm gonna fight. I'm gonna protect you." The electricity grew even more. "I'm gonna protect everyone!" Jisung's power exploded as the electricity ran thru his body and into the robotic foe as is short circuited and blew up.

Jisung began to fall, but was quickly caught and safely brought down by Felix's telekinesis.

"Thanks Lix." said Jisung.

"No problem Sungie." said Felix.

"Squirrel!" Minho said as he rushed towards his boyfriend and hugged the daylights out of him. "Are you ok?"

"Yes baby." said Jisung. "I'm more than ok, that was exhilarating!"

"I'm so glad you're alright." said Minho. He then turned to look at Joel. "Don't you think that was a bit much?"

"You might think so," said Joel. "But I just want to prepare all of you for anything that can come your way."

"You expect us to be fighting giant squids, or killer robots in the future?" Seungmin asks.

"You never know." said Joel. "Now that you all know that there are other worlds and greater forces at work, there's no such thing as extra precautions."

Jeongin looks visibly upset by this. Seungmin, ever the protective boyfriend, puts his arm around Jeongin to comfort him.

"And I know you didn't ask for these powers." Joel says, looking specifically at Jeongin. "Believe me when I say I wish you could go back to living normal, ordinary lives. But fate had other plans."

"You keep mentioning fate." says Changbin. "But aren't the Moirae Sisters in charge of fate?" Joel nods. "Then why would they want us dead, if fate gave us these powers?"

"It may very well seem that the 8 of you weren't planned on acquiring powers." says Joel. "At least, not in their design."

"Are you saying, we changed fate?" Chan asks.

"That could be a strong possibility." said Joel. He was deep in thought for a minute. "My God, it all makes sense now."

"What does?" Felix asked.

"Fate did bring the 8 of you together." says Joel. "However, all of you having powers was unexpected for them. That's why the Moirae see you all as a threat. They don't know the full extent of your powers, so they don't want to take any chances with you."

"Did say that we could topple gods." says Hyunjin. "Is that what all this extreme training is for?"

"It's more to protect yourselves, and others." said Joel. "Even other humans can be just as bad as gods or demons. Evil can take on any form. And now with gods involved, they can send whatever threat they choose from other dimensions."

"No pressure huh?" says Jisung.

"Hardly." says Joel. "But let's continue our training. We have a lot to do. Plus we need to help Wooyoung and San find their friends as well."

The boys all nod in agreement. "Ok." says Chan. "We can do this."

"Good." says Joel. "Ok Minho, you're up."

A/N Over 33K reads. Thank you all so much! This has already surpassed my goal of reaching 30K reads by the end of the year! See you next chapter!