Chapter 28

"Is everything alright Hyunnie?" Felix asks Hyunjin, braking him from his thoughts.

"What, oh yeah." Hyunjin says. "Do you see those 2 over there by the fountain?" He points at the young man and woman.

"Yeah." says Felix. "Do you know them?"

"I'm not sure." says Hyunjin. "I feel like I know that guy from somewhere, but I can't quite place it."

"He does look familiar." Jisung says as he approaches Hyunjin. "Maybe we should say hi."

"Yeah," says Hyunjin. "Let's go." As the group approached the couple they noticed that they're not from around. They're foreigners, from the United States or some other English county no doubt. The couple notice the boys approaching them.

"Hi." Hyunjin says, trying not to sound awkward.

"Hello." The couple say in unison as they bow.

"Do we know each other?" Hyunjin asked. "I'm sorry, but you just seem familiar to me."

"I get that a lot." says the male. "I don't think we've met. I would've remembered. Oh, I'm Joel by the way, and this is my good friend Cindy." The 2 shake all the boys hands as they introduce themselves.

"So you 2 aren't a couple?" Jisung asks.

"Oh no." Cindy says, laughing it off. "People always seem to think so, but no, we're just good friends."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Jisung said, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Don't be sorry, it's quite alright." said Joel. "We get that all the time."

"So are guys visiting Korea?" Chan asks.

"We are." says Joel. "We've always wanted to visit Korea, among other places."

"Yes. It's so beautiful here." says Cindy. "We've been enjoying the sights and the amazing food."

"Yes, we've been eating out all day today." Hyunjin says, then he looks at Felix. "It's my boyfriend's birthday."

"Oh, happy birthday Felix." says Joel. "I hope you're enjoying your day."

"Thanks, I am." says Felix. "I have the best boyfriend ever!" Felix hugs Hyunjin's arm, making the older smile proudly.

"Joel," says Cindy. "We should get going. You know we that matter to attend to."

"Oh, right." says Joel. "I'm sorry to cut this conversation short, but there's something we have to do." They both now at the boys. "It was nice meeting all of you. Hopefully we'll see each other again. Bye."

"Bye." says Cindy as they both walk off.

"Goodbye." everyone says. Jisung approaches Hyunjin. "You're right Jinnie, he does seem familiar."

"I can't explain it," says Hyunjin. "But when he was around, I felt, safe."

"Me too." says Felix. "Like, a warm aura. Like a mother protecting their child from the harms of the world."

Everyone else also agrees. "Well, what should we do now? says Felix.

"It's your day Lixie, what do you want to do?" says Hyunjin.

"Oh, I know." says Felix. "We can go to the arcade. It's fun and it has a lot of games to choose from."

"I love arcades!" Jisung says excitedly. "Well, the arcade it is.' says Hyunjin. "Let's go."

"Yay!" Jisung and Felix say in unison.
"I swear squirrel, you and Lix act like you're brothers sometimes." says Minho with a smile.

"Well we're practically born less than 24 hours apart." says Jisung. "So yeah, were practically twins."

"September twins." says Felix. "Hmm, I like the sound of that."

"Me too!' says Jisung. "Let's go then, twin." Both Minho and Hyunjin roll their eyes as they follow their boyfriends to the arcade to the arcade, with the others behind them.

"I swear, they're like 2 small children who've never been out of the house." says Changbin.

"I know Bin." says Chan. "Lix is always like that when he's really happy. And by the looks of it, so does Jisung."

"You have no idea." says Changbin. Soon they make it to the arcade and start to have fun playing games.

Joel POV

There, we made our presence known. The 8 of them look so happy together. They're oblivious to what's happening around them though, and that's a good thing, for now. But I have to act fast. Time is of the essence.

"So what did you think of them?" Cindy asks me. "You seem to be studying them quite intently."

"Am I that obvious?" I say. Cindy nods. "Well I was definitely observing Hyunjin the most. The fact that he was able to subconsciously suppress his powers after awakening baffles me."

"Maybe he's afraid." says Cindy. "Afraid of what he might become. As you said, his power awoke when he was protecting Jisung from their father."

"You're right." I say. "Still, the fact that its suppressed worries me. What if he's faced with having to defend himself? I can't risk it."

Suddenly, I get notified from my home base. "They finally pinpointed the location." I say. "Finally, we found were the Flames of Resurrection is."

"Let's get going then." says Cindy. We make our way out of the plaza and into an alleyway. I quickly create a portal and we both step thru it. On the other side we emerge back at home base. We look at the monitor that found the location of the Flames. "The realm of Ilkan." I say.

"That place has been abandoned for centuries." says Cindy. "Are you sure it's there?"

"It has to be." I say. "The locator is never wrong. The Flames of Resurrection are there. I have to leave, now. Cindy, you have to stay here and continue stopping these drug deals from happening."

"I can help you." says Cindy. "You don't have to do this on your own."

"I'm sorry but I have to go alone." I say. "You're in charge until I get back. I just hope by time I acquire it, I don't have to use it." Without a second thought, I open a portal to the realm of Ilkan and begin my quest to find the Flames of Resurrection.

A/N Wow, over 5K reads! Thank you very much! Special Chapter coming next.

Btw, I'm working on a short horror story with a few SKZ members. It's gonna be a short story. I figured it was the best since we're in Halloween month. Please check it out.

Daruma San: the bath game