1:And Then There Where 10

Clock ticking as Ben is waiting for the bell to ring.

Ben:(Looking at the clock.) Come on... Come on...

Teacher:And I just want to remind you all that I will be teaching summer school this year, and it's not too late to sign up!

Ben:Yeah, right. (the bell rings.) Yes! Outta here!

Teacher:Everyone, have a good vacation, and I hope to see you all again in the fall.

Ben walks towards the classroom door.

Teacher:Benjamin, could I have a word with you before you go?

He holds up Ben's paper airplane.

Ben huffs and walks over to the teacher's desk
Meanwhile, outside. Cash Murray and J.T. backs Jamie to a tree

Cash Murray:Normally, we'd take your money and beat you up. But since it's the last day of school, we're going to give you a break. Now fork over the cash, so we can get out of here.

Ben:Leave him alone!

J.T.:Get lost, shrimp.

Ben:I said, back off!

Cash Murray:Oh, looks like we got us a hero. Suppose we don't wanna back off?

J.T.:What are ya gonna do about it, Tennyson?

The three stare intently, then Ben runs towards them triumphantly.

Ben and Jamie hung up on a tree branch by their underwear, as a squirrel squeaks and scarpers off.

Jamie:(sarcastically.) Thanks a lot.

Ben:I was just trying to help.

Jamie:Next time you wanna play hero, make sure you can back it up.

Max pulls up in Rust Bucket.

Max:Come on, Ben, let's go! We're burning daylight. I wanna to make it to the campsite by nightfall.

Ben:Uh, Grandpa? A little help here?

Ben gets on the Rust Bucket

Ben:(referring to the camping trip.) I have -so- been looking forward to this!

He Notices Gwen sitting down at the table.

Ben:What are you doing here? (to his Grandpa.) What is she doing here?

Gwen:Take it easy, dweeb. This wasn't my idea. Somebody convinced my mom that 'going camping for the summer would be a good experience for me'.

Ben:Grandpa, please. Tell me you didn't...

Max:I thought it would be fun if your cousin came along with us this summer. Is... that a problem?

Ben and Gwen say nothing but look at one another.

Rust Bucket pulls away from stop, revealing its license plate

Ben and Gwen bicker at each other

Ben:(bickering with Gwen.) Aw, I can't believe it. I wait all school year to go on this trip, and now the queen of cooties is along for the ride.

Gwen:Hey! I had my own vacation already all planned out too, you know? (pulls out her schedule.) Each activity is color-coded, so I never do the same thing two days in a row.

Ben is surprised.

Gwen:Now, I'm stuck with my geekazoid cousin going camping for three months.

Ben:(at Gwen.) Geek.

Gwen:(at Ben.) Jerk.

Max:(to himself.) Something tells me it's gonna be a long summer...

The Rust Bucket driving out of Bellwood onto Route 66